NO Transitions Lens From Shoei.....!!!!!!

Well,that's a bugger. I was going to order one for my RF-1200 (call them NSX here for some reason :dunno: )
Thanks for the heads up

This could change my mind , not sure bout that button with a glove tho.

Watch AGV's new visor go dark at the press of a button | MCN

That's awesome and techy:) but at 150pounds, that's like $230ish right...

drop down visors are not Snell certified. non of them. I track my bike so I need a Snell rated helmet. plus, the drop down visor helmets are always heavy.

I couldn't find a clear weight comparison table, but Revzilla has the Shark Speed-R at 3lbs 7 oz and the Corsair V at 3lbs 6.4oz.
The snell rating would keep me using my Bell at the track (or a corsair V if I had one), but I've also read that the snell rating is geared more towards high speed impacts and that can leave you with a harder shell that doesn't absorb the typical < 70mph street accidents as well as just an ECE and DOT rated helmet. I'm sure I just opened pandoras box there but let's see what happens:)

oh, forgot to mention, all that info makes it seem like a good idea to have a separate helmet for the street. (And my Sena doesn't fit in my Bell worth a *&^%)

That's awesome and techy:) but at 150pounds, that's like $230ish right...

I couldn't find a clear weight comparison table, but Revzilla has the Shark Speed-R at 3lbs 7 oz and the Corsair V at 3lbs 6.4oz.
The snell rating would keep me using my Bell at the track (or a corsair V if I had one), but I've also read that the snell rating is geared more towards high speed impacts and that can leave you with a harder shell that doesn't absorb the typical < 70mph street accidents as well as just an ECE and DOT rated helmet. I'm sure I just opened pandoras box there but let's see what happens:)
yea I don't think the Snell rating is any safer then the ECE rating but the tracks here say u hav to have a Snell helmet. I do have a bell helmet that is Snell rated but I hate the thing so much I wudnt even use it at the track only.

I'm really considering the Akuma II carbon and getting the transitions shield for it. the helmet is cheap and weighs 3.0 lbs. no its not Snell rated but mite jus use it for the street and buy a dedicated Snell helmet for the track.

The Akuma II carbons look great , teamed up with one of those Gemini tint on demand visors id give em a go if they were avaliable down here.

I like my Shoei Air with the drop down shades. Just push a button and I have shades. How much better can it get! :-)

I like my Shoei Air with the drop down shades. Just push a button and I have shades. How much better can it get! :-)
I looked at that helmet. really liked it actually and it wasn't as heavy as other similar drop downs but no Snell rating but neither does the Akuma but it weighs 3.0 lbs and has a transitions lens. I'm tryn to find one helmet that does it all but that doesn't seem to be happening now.

How updated do you need the snell to be? The only drop down snell rated helmet was the scorpion exo1000. Mine was snell 2005 I'm not sure what the last one was before they stopped making it and went ece or whatever the European one was.

How updated do you need the snell to be? The only drop down snell rated helmet was the scorpion exo1000. Mine was snell 2005 I'm not sure what the last one was before they stopped making it and went ece or whatever the European one was.
2015 is the latest Snell

Back