Thinking about getting a lil-toy hauler.. anyone with some pics?

Sure will. I'm one step closer. I received notice today that the closing date has been set on a pre-construction property I committed to earlier in the year. Been praying on getting my family in a real nice neighborhood and I've been blessed with it. I'll get some pics next time I go that way. When this deal is done and and I get a lil-breathing room the toy-hauler is next up.

Thanks again....

I have a 2000 30 ft fleetwood 10 yrs now. Been everywhere- wife kids dog and bikes - only way to go IMHO. Go to RV.net and in the toyhauler section theres a sticky list of most toyhaulers. My F-350 diesel pulls it loaded easily. Don't overload your tow vehicle as dealers will lie to you about how much you can carry. When you bring a bike or two ya bring alot of extra stuff. Tell them you don't want any s...y Chinese tires on it. Alot of answers for towers on RV.net.

bigfootatplay,

Looks like you have an idea of what you want! I'd HIGHLY suggest looking into a used unit. With the economy the way it is right now your sure to stumble across something that is what you want or better for 60% off. The more you search and hunt for that perfect toy hauler the better deal you'll come across. Check out ebay, craigslist and RV & trailer classifieds online. I'm sure you'll fine the perfect one. I would highly suggest staying away from the bran new ones and pick up something that was slightly used... as in "we used it twice and the wife said it has to go". You'd be surprised how many RV's & trailers are used less than 4-5 times a year. They go on sale at a huge discount to those who are willing to buy something near new at a fraction of the cost. With the money saved you'll be able to replace any little misc. damaged plastic parts that might have gotten broken. Or upgrade the crappy TV that was installed from the factory.

I'd also suggest looking at all of the new units and get a list going of exactly everything you want in the unit. Make sure that when you buy a used one you find the toy hauler that has just about everything on your wish list. Are you going to get one with onboard fuel tank for the bike?

bigfootatplay,

Looks like you have an idea of what you want! I'd HIGHLY suggest looking into a used unit. With the economy the way it is right now your sure to stumble across something that is what you want or better for 60% off. The more you search and hunt for that perfect toy hauler the better deal you'll come across. Check out ebay, craigslist and RV & trailer classifieds online. I'm sure you'll fine the perfect one. I would highly suggest staying away from the bran new ones and pick up something that was slightly used... as in "we used it twice and the wife said it has to go". You'd be surprised how many RV's & trailers are used less than 4-5 times a year. They go on sale at a huge discount to those who are willing to buy something near new at a fraction of the cost. With the money saved you'll be able to replace any little misc. damaged plastic parts that might have gotten broken. Or upgrade the crappy TV that was installed from the factory.

I'd also suggest looking at all of the new units and get a list going of exactly everything you want in the unit. Make sure that when you buy a used one you find the toy hauler that has just about everything on your wish list. Are you going to get one with onboard fuel tank for the bike?

yep. look around east texas and south louisiana. they were selling the raptor i wanted 30k off. theres alot of used deals to be had around there.

Nows the time for a deal...Only prob with used ones is: 1 they are sometimes hard to find locally or within 250 miles, 2 they want as much or more than a new one costs.

Campers in general are going cheap as they can be right now, but toy haulers are still through the roof (around here anyway).

I looked at one down the street a couple years old that was a little more than 1/2 the size of mine, without the generator and he wanted as much as I got mine for new

My mobile command center.....

Recon.jpg

That's sweet~!!~

You can see mine on page one...on the front line and waiting for your command~!~ :laugh:

Be sure to look at the actual trailer weight and make sure the trailer is equipped with the original components. Sometimes they or someone may add stuff like a second air conditioner or other add ons. It will add weight quickly, also add up the weight your going to put in the trailer including food fuel jugs, everything your can think of. Let me tell you evey milk crate adds up. don't forget how many people will be in the vehicle, that adds up as well. I live in mobile AL and small hills all day long work the truck, the downshifting will drive you nuts. Try to test ride one. And definetly get a sway/load bar and digital brake control. Or youll be in the weeds...
good luck...

Here's my 8.5 x 26 feet US Cargo Phantom model. I picked it up earlier this year for $9,000 (recession cost on ebay). I pull it with a Ford F250 Diesel.

e04f57cb.jpg

178d5d7a.jpg

77408aec.jpg

ae63e0e1.jpg

e56bfdca.jpg

c5da7e49.jpg

Back