Think I Scored A Fresh Build

jsteevs

Registered
Hey all, long time mechanic, first time Busa owner. I had been watching this 07 for a couple months and it finally fell into my price range. The back story was convoluted to say the least. It had the fairings off, aftermarket stator cover had leaked all over, and someone had flooded it and killed the battery. I paid the money took it, charged the battery, got it to fire up, and it smelled EXTREMELY new, you can't mistake that smell. I let it idle up to temp. No noises or worries. Started pulling it apart to look see what I got, did it have fresh pistons? rings? until my borescope comes in this is the best pic i can give yall. New. Fresh hatching, fresh valves, valve guides and seats...
56k on chassis, nothing but K+N filter and yoshi slip-ons. Tires are 8yrs old with fresh dry rotted nipples. Cheers!
Pacific Northwest.

410743070_404673925461246_6154582932699275711_n.jpg

Cool
Got any more pictures of the bike?
Any plans for it after it runs again?

welcome to the org
Only plans so far are gathering up every missing oem fastener and getting it spotless, new tires. Ive gotten off most of the "hayabusa" bling, but that drivers seat may stay on, it's SOOO comfortable. Order stock stator cover. Wheelie looking forward to dry weather.
I gave up sportbikes quite awhile back due to drinking/riding/friends doing the same and dying. Florida was wild 10yrs ago. This was ironically a 1 year sobriety gift I didn't plan on getting myself but the timing was perfect.
Ive been going through warm-up cycles with varying throttle inputs and took it for one quick spin to run it through the gears and feel her good vibrations.

20240102_143053.jpg

20240102_143002.jpg

Only plans so far are gathering up every missing oem fastener and getting it spotless, new tires. Ive gotten off most of the "hayabusa" bling, but that drivers seat may stay on, it's SOOO comfortable. Order stock stator cover. Wheelie looking forward to dry weather.
I gave up sportbikes quite awhile back due to drinking/riding/friends doing the same and dying. Florida was wild 10yrs ago. This was ironically a 1 year sobriety gift I didn't plan on getting myself but the timing was perfect.
Ive been going through warm-up cycles with varying throttle inputs and took it for one quick spin to run it through the gears and feel her good vibrations.

View attachment 1675485

View attachment 1675486
Good looking steed and I like the color.....

You did well in getting this bike......

Back