Can Anyone Name These Pistons?

jsteevs

Registered
20240107_095200.jpg

Just picked up this 07 and it was extremely clean looking through the intakes through the valves I could see fresh cross hatching so I borescoped it today and I see these what almost appear to be a double cupped piston. I've done a tad of research can't find any matches. They have the famous wiseco center dot. Thanks in advance!

how many miles are on the odometer? where did u get the info that wiseco is famous for a dot? other pistons also have a dot too. here is a used stock piston for a 1st gen. looks similar to what you have.
every two stroke piston I ever replaced seemed to have a dot on it. I agree with you on the OEM, that's an awesome picture of one and is exactly what it looked like through the borescope. It's got 56k on odometer. It is extremely clean on the intake side of the cylinder head, and valves have zero carbon. Fresh cylinder hatching. Bike history unknown to me. Doesn't appear to have 56k on this top end.

every two stroke piston I ever replaced seemed to have a dot on it. I agree with you on the OEM, that's an awesome picture of one and is exactly what it looked like through the borescope. It's got 56k on odometer. It is extremely clean on the intake side of the cylinder head, and valves have zero carbon. Fresh cylinder hatching. Bike history unknown to me. Doesn't appear to have 56k on this top end.

I don't doubt your suprise at the internal condition, and it may very well be rebuilt.
However, you may find it to be original, as many of these engines have that mileage, double, and in some cases triple, all with just regular oil changes, usually valves still in spec, maybe a fuel pump and filter, but otherwise, these are incredibly well built engines, and they have little to no issues when taken care of.
They also tend to show little signs of wear.
They can be a little noisy, as they all leave the factory with a Suzuki gremlin, which is otherwise harmless.
Rebuilt or not, it seems like you have an engine that's in very nice condition.
It should last a long time like most all of them do.

I don't doubt your suprise at the internal condition, and it may very well be rebuilt.
However, you may find it to be original, as many of these engines have that mileage, double, and in some cases triple, all with just regular oil changes, usually valves still in spec, maybe a fuel pump and filter, but otherwise, these are incredibly well built engines, and they have little to no issues when taken care of.
They also tend to show little signs of wear.
They can be a little noisy, as they all leave the factory with a Suzuki gremlin, which is otherwise harmless.
Rebuilt or not, it seems like you have an engine that's in very nice condition.
It should last a long time like most all of them do.
I'm more than happy about it. Waiting dor riding season is a bummer. Gonna have to move south.

Screenshot_20240105_201219_Video Player.jpg

View attachment 1675530
Just picked up this 07 and it was extremely clean looking through the intakes through the valves I could see fresh cross hatching so I borescoped it today and I see these what almost appear to be a double cupped piston. I've done a tad of research can't find any matches. They have the famous wiseco center dot. Thanks in advance!
Name them? How 'bout Borey? Or Pingy? Or Floaty? Or CeeCee? I could go on! :p

Back