Need Help On A 06 Busa

Chattanooga1300

Registered
Hello busa family....i bought a 06 busa that has been sitting for 2 years i have tried to crank it till the battery went dead. I have put fresh gas in the tank. I have also put a new battery in the bike. So if there anything else i need to do please let me know. I did spray starter fluid and it turned over but cut of after a few seconds. Thanks

How long did it crank before the battery died? Did you clean the throttle bodies? They are most likely varnished over unless it was winterize before putting it away. I would suggest removal and clean, and if nothing else, put a half a can of sea foam in the tank. You need to de-gunk the fuel system. Wouldn't hurt to pull the plugs and air filter too.

It was only running on the spray. Fresh fuel is good but unless the fuel lines and TBs were drained and dry, they have varnished closed or nearly closed. Plugs need changing too and keep the battery on a tender. My CBX has SIX carbs and I (cannot) let the gas turn to varnish.:)

20170303_131051.jpg
Ok cool thanks. Will try that in the morning. Got to get my baby running

These lift tables are VERY convenient especially for just $300. Being able to stand or sit on a stool to clean or service a bike is sooooo nice!
image.jpeg

If it's been standing for 2 years, I'd be getting the injectors serviced, fuel filter in tank changed and maybe even stick a new fuel pump in, remove the throttle bodies and put them in an ultrasonic cleaning tank, today's petrol is terrible for performance vehicles.

Hello Busa family. Got the bike up and running. Put a new fuel pump on it new spark plugs and wires and had the throttle body cleaned. Thanks for all the help.now its time to ride

Sweet, now get ride of the red and blue bits. Glad you got her up. Make sure and check those tires, they could be hard and slick.

Back