Things you like here..... Things you don't

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Guys, we are making changes to the site and we want to make sure that we are capturing the important items from you the users....

Help me list out the things that you really like here that we should keep doing "The things you like here" and help us identify gaps "The things you don't like"

We know some areas that need help are the search features and mobile use but what would you pull your hair out if it went away?

Start the list here if you dont mind...

cap

I'd like to see the Racing Forums moved somewhere up the line(maybe next to the Performance section),right now they're so far down the list I usually forget they're down there(and I'm missin' the Like feature :whistle:).

I wud like to see more "Like" feature options like "Dislike, Agree, informative, funny, dumb etc..... btw wat happened to to like feature? seems to have disappeared.

I'd like to see the Racing Forums moved somewhere up the line(maybe next to the Performance section),right now they're so far down the list I usually forget they're down there(and I'm missin' the Like feature :whistle:).

Moved way up :)

When I transition from one forum to the next I frequently need to reconnect and go back through the drill down process to get to where I want to be.

Could ALL the old pinned threads please come back?
BlancaBusaless also made several "How to" threads that are no longer easily found.
They answered alot of frequently asked questions.
Alot of great info has disapeared.
I can even search a thread by it's exact name and it can't be found.

Take out the five object requirement for a post, this can't be posted alone :bowdown:, take out the time requirements to post

Take out the five object requirement for a post, this can't be posted alone :bowdown:, take out the time requirements to post

Those limits are there to keep bots from posting away not people... You wouldn't believe what gets automatically filtered just by doing simple things like this..

so now ALL likes given and received are now gone? mite as well just start everyone with a clean slate then and put everyones post count back to zero.

I'm surely more interested in how many "Likes" someone has vs. 50,000 smile posts.....:whistle: post count means absolutely nothn to me cause in order to get a "Like" the person wud have had to say somethn ppl actually "Liked" and actually contributed to the forum.

"Likes" shud also be displayed imo. if someone gives good advice usually and therefore has many "Likes" I'm more likely to read his or her entire post or maybe even follow them.

Capt. I keep waiting for the option to donate to the forum. I can assure you nearly everyone who comes up here every day wud donate. you can even give them a gold star or somth.....:whistle: :laugh:

lets face it many of us spend WAY to much of our lives on this forum lol so by all means I wud have no issue contributing to make the site run better. I'm fairly familiar with the different sites out there and the features they have and the better ones are more expensive no doubt.

you cud set up donations like this:

1.) (1) Year: $25
2.) (5) Year: $40
3.) Lifetime $75 or watever u think is reasonable.

Capt. its a pretty common thing and not considered cheesy and lets face it you and others like you spend a LOT of their personal time keeping these sites up and running and I for one can say that I truly appreciate it so. sure vendors pay to help offset costs but members wud like to help as well.

just food for thought.....

Home page has lots of old news on it. Maybe update it more often or use it for something else. Most of the time I log on and go straight to the new posts filter.

Home page has lots of old news on it. Maybe update it more often or use it for something else. Most of the time I log on and go straight to the new posts filter.

Yep, completely agree with you guys... There has been some serious transitions with the designers and owners of the company that we use for the forum software. When we went to Vbulletin they were the best, I mean cutting edge smart group of developers that knew what was going on. Guess what, they drew attention and were bought out and some folks that wanted to change the model of the forums to more snippit posts like you would see on FB or Twitter or Google + took over and ran those guys that knew forums out of town.... we have been in limbo for a couple of years stuck with a software package that no one is wanting to write add on code for and waiting for something better to come out, take over and become stable... That time has come and we are about to launch to it. I have already made the first test move over to the new forum and we are working on the backend stuff now...

Maybe Suzuki has been waiting on us to make the first move :)

Oooh - A Gen III hayabusa.org?? Not just BNG? :)

I like GNBRETTs posts - like (and other ways to describe posts) the ability to donate a little, all good suggestions here. Lots of people rack up huge numbers of posts with :laugh: emotes... seems a cheesy way to ascribe the value someone brings to a site, but tracking the "likes" someone has? That's awesome. (Wanted to "like" your posts up there, GNBRETT :thumbsup:)

I would spring for the lifetime donatation ($75) I dont care what you do with it Capt. Buy yourself a bottle of you fav adult beverage.

Well one thing I don't like here is when someone is allowed to post just a :laugh: and nothing else. OR seeing 10 or more in a row either. :banghead:

It shows up as a new post so I click on it and just see :laugh:

To me that is not adding a comment or any useful information to the post, and is a waste of time for me to open it.

Therefore if you can take away the "Like" feature - please take away
the ability to just add emotions. JMO.

Back