The root of our societal problems starts at home.

No part of my original post or your response is free for me because I PAY TAXES. Nobody in my original post pays a penny in taxes, and yet, gets a check....

I did not know people receiving public assistance were excluded from Sales Tax. Thanks.

My :2cents:

Not blowing my own (and my wifes) horn but...
I have two kids, my oldest daughter is 24, graduates with a teaching degree
this May and will be married in the same month. She has very high moral fiber,
I could tell you stories...
My Son is 23 and single. Still lives at home but works, good job full time. He
has a large truck payment but is very good with his money otherwise, saved several
thousand and is working hard to try to get out from under his truck. I believe...
his goal is get out from under the truck to get his own place and pop the question
to his girlfriend (been pretty serious for a while)....very admirable and responsible IMHO.

Both kids are truely outstanding.
I say I don't want to blow my horn...because it wasn't so much me, as they
were raised very heavily into the Church, youth groups etc...that's where
most of their friends are.

We push God out, out of our schools and hand out condoms...??? Our society
has no moral fiber, even the adults are about selfish, selfserving, moments of
personal pleasure and desire...and it's everything from the new tv we can't afford
to the SUV we finance for 7 years to the neighbors wife (or husband) down the
street. We deny ourselves...nothing. It's all a quest for instant gratification...
and what's OUR divorce rate? Lets look in the mirror, shall we.

Look at Tiger Woods...PRIME Example. That's why I go off on him so much...
And our OWN BOARD MEMBERS go..."what? He didn't do nothing...nothing we all
wouldn't do"...TA-DAH (that attitudesays volumes). We should be
kicking his :moon: and he should be truely ashamed not only for himself but
THE EXAMPLE HE SETS...need I mention Clinton...he was the PRESIDENT :banghead:

Lastly, a small morsel of advice to any new fathers...I always told my daughter
to make sure she picks a career and get her degree...FIRST. To not totally
count on another (Man) for your existance. Get the degree and the career,
then you enter the relationship on the same plain as an equal. It gives a
different dynamic to a relationship. I am very pleased to see her follow that
advice :thumbsup:

Good advice potty fingers, stop typing bad words...:laugh: Just kidding.

It is not often we agree on a post. :thumbsup:

It is also nice to see we have something in common, also, "Great Kids" :beerchug:

Gald you are back.

To be fair, sales tax supports the state, I think skydivr was referring to federal taxes.

To be fair, sales tax supports the state, I think skydivr was referring to federal taxes.

not too mention :

1. although we all pay sales tax, those on public assistance have considerably less money to buy things with, so they contribute less sales tax.

2. usually those on assistance use way more services,schools for kids and healthcare, etc... than those with jobs....that pay income tax,property tax. especially timely as we are having the great "health care" debate...

churchs are filled morally corupt people.....

its cool if god, scares into doing the right thing.

however not all of us need that type of fear to be a good person.

If you think for a second God is about scaring you into the right thing...
I beleive ibified used the term....theological boogeyman...

You guys have not only missed the boat, the dock, the lake and hit the rock bottom.

The people of my church live for God because they love truely love him, and
find it easy to do so. Not that they do not have trials or struggle, but living
with God and for God is easier than living without.

Remember there are many false churches and just because there is a cross
on the door and a man in a robe does not mean God resides there. Seek and
you shall find...you guys must be in the wrong church.

Case in point..."churchs are filled morally corupt people....." your in the wrong house.

My point with my kids is that they grew up very close with their parents,
each other, and their church family. Sorry...no FEAR involved. Might want to
rethink your...philosophy on the subject.

With all the external influences on our kids now a days...a positive family environment
both in the home and out (church) goes a long way.

I think a "postive family environment" with both an mature, adult mother and father in the home is about 90 percent of the battle.

you've got this totally backwards. god frees you from the bondage of sin, and an eternity in hell. he gives your salvation freely, all that's required of you is to claim it. we try not to sin, because we're trying to live up to the gift that was given to all of us. has nothing to do with fear.

and there's no such thing as a good person. we're all born of a sinful nature, and works are not what get you go heaven. remember, one sin, no matter how slight, is enough to damn you to an eternity in hell. jesus paid a debt he didn't owe, because we owed a debt that we couldn't pay.

Last edited:

Technically churches do also contain morally corrupt people, just like schools, offices, on-line forums, homes, etc. Morally corrupt people can be found everywhere. If you judge all by a few you are really short changing yourself.

I hope that someday you can find God's love and realize that it's not about being "scared into doing the right thing". It's about realizing you're a sinner and that Christ loved us so much that he was willing to be crucified on a cross for our sins, that would be your sins and mine.

God also gave us freedom of choice. That's entirely your choice if you want to believe when you die that's the end and your worm food, however the Lord has told us differently. Whether you choose to believe it will not change the fact that you will stand before an almighty God after taking your last breath here on earth. My hope is that someday you'll find him before that takes place.

God Bless! :thumbsup:

Vondrbach, I know where you are coming from. I work at a local highschool here in Phoenix and I deal with all types of issues frome teen pregnancy, gay students, and the problems that arise from having a crappy home life.

thanks.....

but like i said....if god works for you great.

but i do not need to be scared into doing the right thing.....fairy tales are best left for kids.

thanks.....

but like i said....if god works for you great.

but i do not need to be scared into doing the right thing.....fairy tales are best left for kids.

Thanks for the fairy tale insult, but it's cool. I still hope you find him one day.

Good night.

Much of the decline of family values in our society stems from the greed we have taken for granted. Everything has become tilted on its ear. If both parents are in the home, almost always both must work. There was a time when one parent could have a decent job, the family could afford decent housing and transportation, and there was enough left over after expenses were paid for leisure. This is no longer the case. Our government, advertising and the legal system have taught us that we need only worship God nominally. Money, and the power that stems from possessing it is all we need truly worship. Certain religions and denominations have taken this even further: televangelists programs of salvation through cash, militant Islamists killing themselves and others, the Vatican's response to pedophilia in its clergy, and atheists absurd litigation demands have all shaken the common persons faith.
When I speak of family values, I'm not meaning it in the ultra-conservative, only Christians-need-apply type deal. I mean raising your children to be loving, caring, hard-working, productive members of society. Givers, not takers.
As far as unmarried mothers, adoption, single parents etc, it's not anybody's place to judge another person. You don't always know what chain of events led up to this person being where they are in life.By all means talk with them and explain your beliefs and how you arrived at them, but we should not make people feel bad for who or what they are. Most of us have enjoyed a life of privilege, and we kid ourselves if we think it's by anything other than blind luck we were born into that situation. There is no telling how any of us would have turned out had we been born into a different situation or family.
Those of you who have raised successful children are to be commended and should be justly proud of what you have done. Those of us that are still working on raising ours (or somebody else's) must strive to do the best we can to provide all the tools they need for success.

Back