The oil spill Good pics of the problem

Why I feel such emotion just from seeing a simple Dragonfly with oil on it's wings I don't know but that just well is sad as hell !

In one of the pics the caption reads
'A BP employee RAKES oil from the beach'
Excuse me but can you rake a liquid ?

As a believer I just have to rest in the knowledge that maybe this is something we are not supposed to understand why ?
All in his plans maybe .

Great pics Cap Thank you for linking them .

Curious after they clean bird whats the plan??? This thing is to massive for 1 country to clean..

sickening...and bp will only reap profits from this "accident"

Curious after they clean bird whats the plan??? This thing is to massive for 1 country to clean..

Sad to say but even if they get the animals spotless they are usually so traumatized from whole event of being handled and scrubbed that they don't last long after .

I hope they can get this thing under control before it spreads even more. I guess we're in line to get it next.

I hate photo journalists that feel the picture is more important than the subject. For their sake, I hope they scooped up the bird after taking the shot. If not, I'm even more disgusted.

o38_23540017.jpg

So sad... we took our boat out to Ship Island this past weekend... to enjoy its beauty before it is also affected by the oil... We saw so many dolphins swimming alongside the boat. Also manta rays and blue crabs and sand sharks.... It was beautiful.

We also saw a strange film on the water.. in a few places.. we weren't sure if it was oil or not. It wasn't very thick... so I don't think it was oil.. but maybe the residue from the burning.

To think that all of this will be coated in oil in a few weeks is such a disaster :down:

Ciminal charges need to be brought against the company! They had no contingency plan and sat on their asses while trying to figure out how salvage & to still collect oil from the very same well that was spewing the black death into our great oceans.

PLEASE BOYCOTT BP BY NOT USING THEIR STATIONS......EVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

it's a tragedy fueled by greed - and i guess obama is busy doing other things - can't the army or navy or airforce or marines or coast guard or corps of engineers or national guard help remedy the situation------

Ask yourselves a question before you boycott BP.

Would any other oil company do any better? Did the government do their job overseeing the permitted drilling? Does Transocean and Haliburton share blame? Do accidents happen regardless of safeguards?

It's easy to point fingers, but we need to realize that under no circumstances would BP ever CHOOSE for this to happen. Yes, a lapse in safety procedures for certain, but if you think about every major man-made disaster, they can all be tied to some sort of safety violations.

Ask yourselves a question before you boycott BP.

Would any other oil company do any better? Did the government do their job overseeing the permitted drilling? Does Transocean and Haliburton share blame? Do accidents happen regardless of safeguards?

It's easy to point fingers, but we need to realize that under no circumstances would BP ever CHOOSE for this to happen. Yes, a lapse in safety procedures for certain, but if you think about every major man-made disaster, they can all be tied to some sort of safety violations.

"Would any other oil company do any better?" ...is speculation and we can't say for sure.

Its not about whether they wanted it to happen or not. Its about how they're handling the crisis since it happened. Extremely poorly....only thinking about what is best for them! A lot of people don't know that in the first 2 weeks after the accident, the reason they took so long to try and fill/cap the hole...is because they were trying to come up w/ an alternate way to utilize the portal ...to continue to use that oil for future use. Disgusting really when you think of the ramifications. :banghead::banghead:

If that's true, shouldn't our government have stepped in? I'm not trying to make BP look angelic, but we have to realize that we can't sit back and expect one company to fix their own mess when it comes to disasters of epic proportions. At the very least there is a shared responsibility.

And with all due respect, where did you hear about this 2 week hesitation from BP? There's a lot of misinformation floating around (no pun intended) and some of it is mere conjecture. I would like to know for certain that BP intentionally stalled for time before I personally boycott them.

If that's true, shouldn't our government have stepped in? I'm not trying to make BP look angelic, but we have to realize that we can't sit back and expect one company to fix their own mess when it comes to disasters of epic proportions. At the very least there is a shared responsibility.

And with all due respect, where did you hear about this 2 week hesitation from BP? There's a lot of misinformation floating around (no pun intended) and some of it is mere conjecture. I would like to know for certain that BP intentionally stalled for time before I personally boycott them.

I have heard the reports twice from multiple reporters who is working very close to the situation from Good Morning America.

And whether its true or not.....I know you're a pretty smart guy Vondy... Don't be ignorant....they are a selfish, money grubbing oil company. Do you really think they have handled this mess appropiately!?? The fact that you could go to any BP location and use their products after viewing images like the ones in the OP ....saddens me :confused2:

I have heard the reports twice from multiple reporters who is working very close to the situation from Good Morning America.

And whether its true or not.....I know you're a pretty smart guy Vondy... Don't be ignorant....they are a selfish, money grubbing oil company. Do you really think they have handled this mess appropiately!?? The fact that you could go to any BP location and use their products after viewing images like the ones in the OP ....saddens me :confused2:

It shouldn't sadden you that I like to have the facts before I make a judgement. I don't assume corporations to be evil, and I tend to hope that should my company ever make a mistake that people don't judge me without the facts either.

But make no mistake, if I find evidence that BP did what you claim, I won't hesitate to boycott them to the fullest extent.

Back