And they want to Drill baby Drill off the coast of Florida !

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill Grows - WSJ.com

Not as long as I can help it. Prime example things go wrong.
Even Modern technology failed.
Oil has been leaking from ocean floor from first minute you and I know it.
People died, God rest their souls.

Now come this weekend the US will see a terrible environmental disaster when that spill reaches the gulf coast.
I dont see anything we can do now other than to watch it happen and clean it up after ?

This is why these things should not be this close to the shore of developed areas.

Photo from space..
horizon3_1624185c.jpg

Imagine this.....
Oilriggspill.jpg

Heading for this....
Beach-Florida.jpg

Not as long as I can help it.
New Orleans as if you have not had enough.
Gulf Coast same thing.
I feel sorry for you and pray it doesnt affect your lives too much.

China is drilling off our coasts already.....imagine when one of those platforms goes. And there won't be a thing we can do about it.

This was actually a deep water well, so different scenario than standard rigs. Can't say my opinion is the same as yours as far as drilling, but to be fair I don't have those surroundings.

As conservative as I am, I think a more robust regulation follow up is needed on many industries. The mine accident was at a mine with a horrible safety history. They should fine the heck out of the company so it is in their interest to be safe. Oil company same situation, I bet that once the cause comes out it is a safety violation, and if not....more regulation.

Back to drilling, I say if you can't see it, it should be considered.

China is drilling off our coasts already.....imagine when one of those platforms goes. And there won't be a thing we can do about it.

where exactly.

I just am talking about drilling off the treasure coast of Florida which has been proposed before.
They want well heads off Palm Beach County.

A terrible event is flowing toward the gulf coast now and I think it time to figure out other sources of energy is all.

A terrible event is flowing toward the gulf coast now and I think it time to figure out other sources of energy is all.

Completely agree here. The local storage place just plattered itself with solar panels and I bet they are selling back to the grid. Great move both for them and the area.

Drilling is NOT a long term or desireable solution, however the short term needs to be taken care of. New nuclear plants I do not think should be built until the storage issue is resolved now that Yuca is out. I would much rather have my coast being tapped for oil than buying from the middle east and encouraging foreign policy to involve is in a volatile region. While coast drilling will hardly stop us from needing the middle eastern oil supply, it is part of the bigger puzzle I believe.

Theres always a risk associated with drill,mining or any other means of obtaining resources. but rest assured Blanca this event even though it is bad will probably change the industry. I've been listening to a person who has a great deal of knowledge on off shore dilling and apparently it was a mass failure of the entire system I.E. THE RIG WAS NOT EVEN SUPPOSED TO EXPLODE!!! The oil companies have been paying shush money for years to keep people quiet but not now its in the public eye. It sucks that it take a catastrophic event for us to get off our lazy asses and change things :banghead:

The thing blew up and sank !
Ain't even a piece of it on the surface anymore right ?
Talk about a FAIL !

Hey, we have been living with dirty dish water off of Galveston & Freeport for years. Why should Florida be exempt?

Technically, our mucky water is from sedimentation from the Miss. River, but again we have the same risks here from drilling why not get a littel closer to FL. I know you all take pride in your beaches, but I am all for us using our own resources & getting out of the bed with the Saudis.

I'm just saying ..............

:whistle:

Hey, we have been living with dirty dish water off of Galveston & Freeport for years. Why should Florida be exempt?

Technically, our mucky water is from sedimentation from the Miss. River, but again we have the same risks here from drilling why not get a littel closer to FL. I know you all take pride in your beaches, but I am all for us using our own resources & getting out of the bed with the Saudis.

I'm just saying ..............

:whistle:

No our beaches arent worth any more than yours but they are still virgin compared to the gulf side and northern gulf.
We dont need to start here doing anything.

That's ok, China has signed contracts with Cuba to drill, so China will drill off the Coast of Florida. I have more faith in the Chinese to do it right...:rofl:

Don't forget they can deliberately cause the oil spill just screw the USA :poke:

Not another conspiracy theorist....:laugh:

Would not put it past them to build the largest oil well in history and then f it up to fill the gulf with earl !

What a coincidence, A mine explosion and a offshore oil rig explosion all within just a couple weeks of each other. Just makes ya wonder ? We better not try to make nuclear for a while,, just sayin ! :whistle:

Back