Obama Administration Blocks Keystone XL Pipeline

'Tis a lot of political angst that amounts to diddly. :laugh:

The Red Team is just making hay while the sun shines. The pipeline will happen. Everyone knows it.... Prez knows it will happen... TransCanada knows that it will happen.... even that very NBC article you linked to knows it:

While I am far from a tree-hugger, there are good reasons to hold off pipeline construction in its current form, and force the TransCanada executives to re-think their intended pipeline route. This XL Pipeline project will still happen... and all them "jobs" will happen, etc, etc; this is just a chance for the Repubs to howl/stir up the masses until the permit is granted. :laugh:

A huge problem is that the current proposed XL pipeline route would cross the Sandhills region, which is over the top of the aquifer. The area is the major regeneration source for the underground watersource. The current Keystone line runs through the eastern part of Nebraska - not through the Sandhills, which is a fairly fragile ecosystem and one of the largest wetland ecosystems in the Western Hemisphere.

87dc111006034218-keystone-map-stacks.jpg

A LOT of Nebraskans - many who are hard-core conservative Republicans - get their drinking water from this aquifer.

Believe me, those republican Nebraskans are ecstatic that Obama nixed the permit until the route gets changed! :cheerleader:

So... all these TransCanada executives have to do to re-route the proposed XL line to keep it north of the Aquifier, and then link up this new pipeline segment with the existing Keystone line in the southeastern corner of South Dakota. Then the pipeline permit can be granted. Prez knows this. TransCanada knows this. The pipeline will happen after the Nebraska segment of route is moved north.

The proposed XL pipeline through south Oklahoma/eastern Texas isn't under any scrutiny by the granola-crappers; they must consider this region already too ate-up with Environmental Badness to bother with. :whistle: :laugh:

The drinking water-providing Aquifer is, of course, another matter.

In the interim, Prez gets political points (in an election year) with his large constituent of tree-hugging granola-crappers, and the Repubs get to hammer the Dems as job-cutting, anti-energy demons of 'Merica. Win-win for both! And in the end, pipeline still gets built, we still get the jobs, and the oil.

:beerchug:

Good post! Unfortunately those that feel strongly about certain things will always go with what easily relates to their current line of thinking. When I heard the news about this I started to do the research into why this is being blasted all across the news, you have to check every detail now a days with the way people just say things enough times and some how it becomes a fact. It no longer matters how much of a half truth, out right lie or simple political chess game to stir up some emotion it is.

I noticed that this tactic has reached comical levels since President Obama took office, one could say the president was a secret agent from Mars enough times and somebody would believe it :rofl: In most cases people just need to use a little logic, research all angles no matter which side it comes from. I will continue to look into the details of this just for my own knowledge.

Good post! Unfortunately those that feel strongly about certain things will always go with what easily relates to their current line of thinking. When I heard the news about this I started to do the research into why this is being blasted all across the news, you have to check every detail now a days with the way people just say things enough times and some how it becomes a fact. It no longer matters how much of a half truth, out right lie or simple political chess game to stir up some emotion it is.

I noticed that this tactic has reached comical levels since President Obama took office, one could say the president was a secret agent from Mars enough times and somebody would believe it :rofl: In most cases people just need to use a little logic, research all angles no matter which side it comes from. I will continue to look into the details of this just for my own knowledge.

I didn't respond to the one you quoted for the reason it's pretty clear he didn't nor you understand the reasons it's being blocked. all the studies have already been done but lets do them all over again just because and while we're at it lets cancel their submission. It will take 12-18 months to resubmit.

Duh, why would we want to start a big project and make jobs and collect taxes when we can just borrow money & pay people unemployment :banghead:

Duh, why would we want to start a big project and make jobs and collect taxes when we can just borrow money & pay people unemployment :banghead:

Funny, I've seen job claims from this project from the 100's to 100,000's from people trying to attach an emotional connection to the pipeline but the company that would actually be doing this says it would roughly create 1000 temporary jobs from construction and maybe a 100 or so permanent jobs. Let me try and find a link. Also just from the environmental side I see that a similar pipeline has already been leaking, I just wonder with the current plans to have this thing running across drinking water for millions of Americans and the possibility of some type of contamination if everyone would want this in their back yard, so I can see where people would be a little concerned about this.

Read this, interesting and I would agree so I'm fact checking the details because he is the head of environmental organization.

Michael Brune: Big Oil Bullies and a Test of Wills

The sooner the crooks in our government can destroy the U.S from the inside the sooner a one world nation can be put in place. Sounds like crazy conspiracy nonsense right? Research that and see what has went from being fantasy to fact in the last several decades.
I love this country, but it is being ran into the ground on all levels. Unfortunately there does come a point when things cannot be fixed. It is fast approaching, no matter how many of us hate to see it.
Gas will be $5 a gallon by summer. Why? Is there a good reason? Nope. Simply because it has already be said that it will be. That's not good enough for you? Write your congressman. Because they'll read every bill and make sure the people are taken care of.:rofl:
If a good man is elected to a high ranking office, he is either corrupted or stopped by the masses of greedy non caring officials, or the those with alterior motives that are already there.
Rome would never fall either. So what does man learn from history? That man DOESN'T learn from history.
No system or society will ever be perfect, but ours...well, look around. :beerchug:

Obama is a secret agent from Mars?:poke:

Of course the pipeline project provides a limited amount of labor for it's constrution, that's the nature of construction. But look at all the ancilliary business it creates: The steel, the parts, the transportation, I could go on and on. It's kinda like how supposedly one autoworker job supports 8-10 other jobs.

Most importantly, it's a national strategic asset as a counter the hold the middle east currently has on our oil supply. That a good enough reason in itself to do it.

I never mentioned aliens. Why is what I said so funny and dismissed as Obama is from Mars?:poke:

i like how people downplay the importance of the "temporary" jobs. my temporary job grossed well into the six figures last year. i live and spend my money in communities like these that try their best to downplay what we actually provide by bringing the pipeline to their town. :moon: i dont ever take things on the internet personal but when a bunch of people are questioning the worth of my job i cant help it. just one spread will employ thousands of those meaningless temp jobs, thats not counting the work to build all the stations. unless youre unaware they have to pump heat and distribute this stuff as well. last time i checked unemployment rates werent that great. so not only did the president and other uninformed idiots downplay the temp jobs they said creating a few hundred NEW jobs isnt enough. whens the last time someone came to your town, with an entire workforce making six figures. give money to every facet of your town and build a station for some of your unemployed people to work at? then you just shun them because some libs want to say environmental impacts are not up to their satisfactions. everything in this process meets a standard. the previous studies met it. people werent happy and because the oil company makes an easy target they threw them under the bus. all you people that dont want it will get your wish and not realize what your local gov missed out on. there are towns now oil companies are refusing to work in because of this nonsense. there is a town in texas that 2 oil companies pulled out of after re-building their crappy school district. theres no viable alternative to oil, yet people despise it for reasons they dont understand. i doubt anyone here understands how vast the impact of crude oil is.

Back