The Ninja1000 drag bike

Uncle Bob

Registered
well, I'm just starting, but I figured I would toss out some pics as I go. So far I've made the intake plenum, but still need to clean up some welds, add the pitot tube, BOV, water injection.....next week I'll probably have the exhaust manifold done.

But here's what I got so far:

Your design is interesting...I've never seen a carburated bike with boost...Looks good...

that first pic, is that ZRXDean's bike?

If its yours, is that a custom coolant log on the front of the motor? Or is that just "for show" and not hooked up? Never seen one like that.

Both bikes are very good looking. Like the powder coating on the second one....thats the turbotec system, isn't?

Ryan that's the first pic I've ever seen of your bike...Looks like it's fun as all out to ride...

hehe, nope. I was hoping to finish the manifold tonight....which is still possible, but The collector/flange is taking way longer than I thought it would. Ahhhh....to have access to some really cool tools.....as it is, all of that was with a grinder and a torch. Not the most accurate way to fabricate flanges....

Here's the collector after I finished smoothing out the welds and everything, there is tape over the turbo inlet, but as you can see, its a very smooth transition.

I'll have to finish up the rest of the header tomorrow.....running out of time today.

Ryan, still haven't seen u at the track yet.........
rock.gif

oh, thought you were refering to a different thread...Going to a national ZRX rally in Arkansas, and I'll be attending a track day while I'm there (road race, not drag race)

I can't really drag race the bike til I get it done....this one anyway
tounge.gif

eventually, 35psi. But that will be further down the road when I can afford some better pistons. Until then, I'll probably keep it around 20psi.....but the turbo is good to around 35.

Hey Uncle Bob , If I see you in Seattle remind me not to race you !!
laugh.gif

another 3 hours spent.....

Close up of my TIG welding.....Not great, but not horrible.

Added this just for the fun of it. Looks cool I think
smile.gif

After welding on the collector.....

The final product, free standing, as you can see.....

I hope its obvious, but just incase it isn't, I still haven't repositioned the center section and compressor housing, which I will do now. The compressor outlet will point mostly straight up. The exhaust outlet is also going to be greatly modified....I'm going to cut away most of the cast iron portion of it and weld on a dump pipe coming straight out the side. But I won't do that til I get the entire thing mounted in the bike, to make sure I clear the cradle.

Next step is to take care of the details....mount the BOV, pitot tube, water injection jets, clean up the welds, and just for the hell of it, I'll even paint everything!
smile.gif

I'll probably not add much until this weekend most likely....

smile.gif

Hey Uncle Bob , If I see you in Seattle remind me not to race you !!
laugh.gif
hehe, I'm sure I'll be hopeless on cutting a light, and besides, that, I still have a lot left to do.....I'm hoping to have it completely racable by the end of summer.....we'll see
smile.gif

I'm planning on making the bike pretty bad assed....but that doesn't mean the rider will be worth a sheit
1zhelp.gif

<!--EDIT|Uncle Bob
Reason for Edit: None given...|1116447120 -->

Back