Gen 1, Rcc Stage 1, Ultra Questions

GXR1147

Registered
while looking into water injection i came across an ultra plenum with the setup for secondary injectors and fuel rail for a good price and picked it up. my motor is stock with spacer plate,head studs etc. i want to break the 300whp mark, are my stock injectors up to the task and if so what can i use another set, just to close off the injector ports in the plenum for the time being until i build the motor. the water side of the plenum seems pretty inexspensive (relative) to complete. im also hoping frank chimes in with some prices on heat exchangers and pump etc.

Gen 1 or gen 2 bike? If gen 1 you will need bigger injectors forsure. Gen 1 can handle 220 ish and that's the limit. The gen 2 bikes have 8 injectors and can handle more horsepower. But I don't know about 300 rwhp. Plus with the gen 2 you can only run about 4 psi with a stock head. You need to upgrade valve springs and valves. Do your research or just call frank. A phone call is alot faster then posting on here hoping that he responds.

The RCC Heat Exchanger is $850, the pump $285, the hoses, fittings and hardware needed to that setup are $350. If you need straps for your plenum, they are $35/set. A Gen 1 turbo with an FMU and stock injectors will go 260-275 rwhp at about 8 pounds of boost. If you want 300 rear wheel, I would recommend larger injectors, 40 or 60 pound. With the Ultra Plenum you will be able to go up to 18 pounds of boost on pump fuel, but there are other things involved, both fuel related and engine-wise to get there.

I couldn't call frank at 4:30am est, while I'm at work, lol. It's already at 235hp on factory injectors. And how much drivability would I lose on larger injectors?

I can't really find anything online about he install/setup and all the components of the ultra plenum. I can find stage one installation in pdf. all day long on the net (not needed as I already have them at home. But nothing on liquid cooled plenums. All I've been able to do is zoom in on pics I find etc. I'm just trying to get to know what I'm getting into
If I'm not mistaken there isn't much more to the coolant side of the plenum other then the heat exchanger, pump, lines and maybe some kind on inline T for filling, or is there something I'm overlooking? Any kind of surge tank/reservoir? What about pressure relief? I'm not sure what kind of temps they get to or if that's even a concern. Or if your even supposed to run regular antifreeze in it or are there better options sense it's not an engine cooling system. I also saw a heat exchanger online for some company I never heard of, monster turbos or something. It was a lot less exspensive, other then quality, there's clearly got to be some differences in the exchangers. Obviously, I'd prefer everything on my bike to be RCC. But the higher prices just make me have to wait longer to get the saved up (I'm trying out this zero debt thing for once).

You won't lose any driveability on larger injectors if the bike is properly tuned. If you buy the parts that you need from POWERHOUSE, we will be happy to supply instructions on setting up and bleeding the system. There is no tank or reservoir or pressure relief. And although you can run regular car antifreeze, make sure you use de-ionzied water, or just go with Engine Ice right off.

Yeah, have bought everything else from you (minus the used plenum), this would be no different. Thanks again frank! How much am I looking at for larger injectors?
And can I use my factory ones in the plenum just to seal it off?

Last edited:
Back