The Massacre at the Batman Movie in Colorado.

You GOTTA FIGHT BACK. Maybe you take a life in the ensuing mele, maybe you save some of the 15 already dead, but you GOTTA RIDE TO THE SOUND OF GUNFIRE...

It's really hard to defend a situation where a person is willing to die for their cause. I don't think someone would try and pull a stunt like this around here, too many military and I have no doubt there are a BUNCH of guns in the room...
This is true and the people who do things like this are just COWERS and low down pieces of SH"T. They would never go into something like this if they had any idea that someone was in there to protect their self. Now this monkey has got a lawyer and wont speak of any reason for doing this. I am sure the tax payers will have to pay for that. He does not deserve a trial just put his ass on the chopping block and get rid of him. All he wants to do is to here about what he has done so it makes him feel like a man. It just makes me sick that people do this and they will spend the next 3 to 5 years to convict him. I am sorry but we need to start having public beatings or hangings and put a stop to this non sense.

and they are reporting before they entered his apt he had purchased 6000 rounds of ammo recently all while "unemployed"....

Times like this you almost wish this was a third world country cuz he would have been beaten to death on the spot! You're right now he'll get a fair trial and have his rights protected? Friggin stupid!

This is a very tragic situation and prayers to the deceased and injured as well as the families and community. The loss of life is really just unimaginable and the pain that has been inflicted on everyone. While we wait for information to come out and we discuss what happens I try to not deter the attention from those wounded to a political discussion. I do fear however that some will see this as a chance to try and prove a point about dangerous weapons. I agree that guns may make it easier and more efficient to kill or wound another person banning weapons will not stop anyone that has a desire to hurt other people. If someone were to drive their car into a crowd we wouldn't stop driving, if someone poisoned the food at a restaurant we wouldn't stop eating.. It's not the gun, its the person behind it... We don't need more legislation we need to just take action on the laws we already have... When you have a thug that uses a gun in the commission of a crime we should hang em, if someone shoots another and is convicted then hang em.. The last thing we need is more limitations and restrictions on guns or ammo, lets just enforce the ones we have...

cap

believing that anyone could have prevented this from happening is like believing we as a society can stop the rain from falling from the sky. some people are just completely disturbed and with easy access to fireams I can assure you this will not be the last time we see something as horrible as this in our lifetime.

as stated this will not go well for pro gun advocates but the guns didnt kill these people this azzhole did. the wrong person behind the wheel of a car driving into a memorial day parade full of people would have resulted in just as many deaths.

some people are just homicidal and there is very little anyone can do to stop that.

no a CCW holder probably would not have stopped this, nor saved everyone...but perhaps after the 2nd shot or 3rd i would hope that the CCW carrier would have had enough time to think, identify the target and minimize the deaths.

no a CCW holder probably would not have stopped this, nor saved everyone...but perhaps after the 2nd shot or 3rd i would hope that the CCW carrier would have had enough time to think, identify the target and minimize the deaths.

I think the nra's numbers showed that 70% of ccw holders once they obtain their permit will have shot less than 200 rounds through a pistol in their lifetime while the rest of us may be avid shooters most that carry wouldnt know what to do. I personally feel with my background etc that i would have been an agressor but most would probably hit an innocent person instead of the target. I carry daily and personally believe that i am ready for just about anything but until you are in a situation you never know what its like.

It boils down to how cool are you under pressure. Can you calmly detach yourself from the reality and pull off the shot. If you panic you'll be empty hitting everything but the perp before you know it.

It comes back to getting training part of which simulates target selection, acqisition and grades on hits in high stress situations. Nothing can simulate bullets zipping by but it's the best we have.

This is such a Tragedy for the Victims involved. God Bless there familes and friends. :please:

09/20/2006 APD Agent Michael Thomas was shot and killed by a suspect who
opened fire on him while he sat a traffic light at the
intersection of Peoria Street and Montview Boulevard. (this area is near the Theater shooters home)

Read more: Agent Michael Del Thomas, Aurora Police Department, Colorado

here is an armed security guard who shot a similar shooter/ On December 9, 2007, a gunman opened fire in the New Life Church, striking four people and killing two, sisters Rachel and Stephanie Works. Jeanne Assam, a church security volunteer, shot and wounded the gunman who then killed himself.

Another cop was shot in Denver two weeks ago at a jazz festival.

Read somewhere that the theater shooter may have been copying Character Bane from Batman or this movie (
Trailer 2010 Uwe boll (RED BAND) - YouTube[/url] )

anyhow, hope he gets what he deserves and the families who lost loved ones find peace.

be safe.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't quite understand why the justice system has anything to do with this now. He gave up his rights when he took the rights and lives of others. He did it. He was caught red handed. I say interogate to try and find a motive (maybe an hour or two) then put a bullet in his head.

guess you have to work to the lowest common denominator, and if ends up being a guy like this your gun laws need revamping. The right to carry is retarded, is it protection or is it fear? I beleave your country has the best and worst of everything. Unfortunately the worst is by far surpassing the good things now. We see it everytime we travel down there wether business or vacation. Pretty sad.

Aurora is where I was born. I hate to see it in the news for acts so cowardess and news so heartbreaking. My Mom is friends with Alex Sullivan's family (he was starting his birthday celebration at the premiere), and it's heartbreaking to see the pain and uncertainty just being posted by his family on Facebook. My heart goes out to all of the families affected by this tragedy.

As an aside, tougher gun laws will never stop a lunatic from obtaining what he/she needs to carry out a crime...it is almost silly this make this political, but that's what most Americans are wired to do...forever trying to strengthen a POV...in the end, sad fact of life is that there will always be random and devastating acts of violence in society; no amount of laws will ever predict or deter that fact...

As an aside, tougher gun laws will never stop a lunatic from obtaining what he/she needs to carry out a crime...it is almost silly this make this political, but that's what most Americans are wired to do...forever trying to strengthen a POV...in the end, sad fact of life is that there will always be random and devastating acts of violence in society; no amount of laws will ever predict or deter that fact...
Very true. No guns, he'd have just used a bomb. Or poisonous gas.

I'm somewhat happy they took him alive. However insane his reasoning many times we're left with questions of why.

I don't quite understand why the justice system has anything to do with this now. He gave up his rights when he took the rights and lives of others. He did it. He was caught red handed. I say interogate to try and find a motive (maybe an hour or two) then put a bullet in his head.

I almost agree! Personally,.......there would be no interrogation,........only a bullet!! IF you can't fix STUPID,.....then DESTROY IT!!

guess you have to work to the lowest common denominator, and if ends up being a guy like this your gun laws need revamping. The right to carry is retarded, is it protection or is it fear? I beleave your country has the best and worst of everything. Unfortunately the worst is by far surpassing the good things now. We see it everytime we travel down there wether business or vacation. Pretty sad.

how do the citizens protect themselves against criminals in Canada. is your police force omnipresent? or are crimes (violent) just not committed and everyone respects everyone? do individuals in office truly have the public's best interest in mind and all laws are for the good of the people? we have the "worst" in this country due to our legal system being faulty and people went soft and criminals now have more rights than the victims. so the "retarded" part is not us carrying...its that the criminal has nothing to fear in committing the crime.

Unfortunately the worst is by far surpassing the good things now.
thats becoming the real truth here in our country but we are a country of guns and the NRA out spends the anti-gun lobbyists by 10-1 so when it comes to changing our gun laws politics will prevail no matter how bad it gets because the NRA contributes millions to getting people elected.

and even if you did BAN all guns everywhere it would take a lifetime before the majority of those guns would be out of circulation if ever. and that may not ever happen either since we border a lawless country like Mexico where murder and gun violence is worse there then anywhere on earth. and Mexico has very strict gun laws and does nothing to stop gun violence.

there might not be that many guns coming in right now from Mexico but we cant control our borders (or should I say we chose not to control our borders) from thousands of illegals passing thru every day so imo we would never be able to stop the very profitable gun trade from passing thru into the hands of law and non law abiding citizens.

were entrenched in the 2nd ammendment here and that will never change.

because of our gun laws we don't see violent crimes as often as you do, we also have a smaller population might have something to with it. Sorry Chris but i beleave americans carry guns out of fear, Our public officials only have there own interests at heart. For the most part though Canadians dont sue each other at the drop of a dime, mostly mind our own business and i feel safe in my own country enough not to be afraid of a criminal. I think the states is slowly imploding, it really is a shame. For the record Chris I dont like guns but i feel you should the right to own one just not carry in public.
how do the citizens protect themselves against criminals in Canada. is your police force omnipresent? or are crimes (violent) just not committed and everyone respects everyone? do individuals in office truly have the public's best interest in mind and all laws are for the good of the people? we have the "worst" in this country due to our legal system being faulty and people went soft and criminals now have more rights than the victims. so the "retarded" part is not us carrying...its that the criminal has nothing to fear in committing the crime.

No matter what laws you change the bad guys will always get their hands on guns, they wil steal them from people who can legally get them. And honestly you will never get me to give up my guns thats all that there is to it.

Back