The Jobless Revvv Update

Just went through all of the paces. I am in the top (1st choice) of the candidates. However, they have a few other interviews that they are obligated to complete. I was told that there is still a chance that one of the other applicants could come out on top, but at the moment that doesn't seem likely.

I wish I lived closer to Ashville. I still have to meet with the owner of the company at some point. I had to fill out a questionaire that was basically a review of the dept I am being interviewed for. They wanted to know what I think of the company, its ads, their marketing strategies, and what I would change as the head of that dept. The lead manager said he was impressed.

I was also given the information on Kevin. Brenda has asked that the paperwork be done to allow Kevin disability if he makes it through the cancer. They are not expecting him to come back to work.

I assumed I would be working for, or under Kevin. I am now being looked at for a position that Vman created and served in for 14 years. I told them that if things progressed in terms of the company's interest in me, that I want Kevin's stamp of approval.

M R Cycles is a mess emotionally right now due to Kevin's situation. It really is a heartbreaking thing to have to face the replacement of a friend and coworker. Kevin is a staple at M R Cycles.

I still have the faith that he can recover and return. I can not let that hope go.

Kevin wants to come home. He said he wants to see his cat, look at his pictures, and have a good meal. He said if he dies, he doesn't want it to be in a hospital.

It really is sad. As much as I need work, I don't know if I want to touch this job due to the emotional baggage it will include with all of the people involved.

Hey REVV.. such a touching story......If Kevin gives his blessing to you for the job...
Could it be a blessing in disguise.....to carry on in his place....
But like you said We all hope he may recover.....Dig deep inside for the strengt we all need during this difficult time. Take care.

Aaron, you know the Lord works in mysterious ways. I think Kevin would want someone he knows to have the position & carry on his legacy. I am praying for both you & Kevin.

Well, they are waiting until April to make a decision. In order to do things properly, and to be fair, there are a couple other interviews that need to be completed with a few prior applicants. I was told to expect a final interview that will likely put a cap on employment the first week of April.

The good thing is that I am being kept in the loop on everything. They are keeping in constant touch with me.

Wow.

I truely believe that God has put you and Vman together at this point in time. You will be a great source of comfort to his friends at M R Cycles if Kevin can not return to work. And Kevin, I am sure, will find great comfort in knowing that things will be working out for you as well.

I have only spoken with him a couple times on the phone and a PM or two. Not to mention all the post I have read from him and Busawhipped and others stories. What a truely wonderful individual.

It will all work out the way it is suppose to. ((((HUGS)))

Revvv, we all hope Kevin does get well and goes back to work, but if he cant, I think he would be glad to have you doing the job he loved.

Well, tomorrow is my final interview. I will be up early to drive 3.5 hours.

Everything is in God's hands. There are a couple other people in line for the job as well from what I understand. I'm not worried though. If God wants this to happen, it will. I know to some that sounds ridiculous, but it's about faith.

If I make it, I'll have to take my bike off the market and celebrate with a trip to the Busa Bash.

Back