The House has begun

I am doing most of the work myself, because of time at work I am having to contract some of it out but I guarantee that I am involved in everything .....
So what is the finish date?

I think we may have a new location for a 2004 Hayabusa rally. This big a$$ house will hold all of us.

Well all, consider me out of pocket for awhile... We poured the footing on my new house today, my family is so excited, we have been saving for this house for a long time. We have a private room set aside that we can put Dustin in and lock the door so he can work on the website........ I know that no one probably cares about this but tough cookies, I am posting pics of the progress. I am so pumped about this it's hard to describe. There are 4 of us locked in a 860 square foot apartment.... Im ready for this.....

Captain
Real happy for you Cap.
beerchug.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Been through that when I buildt my 1st house. Watch it being built from a camp ground in a 22 foot trailer with 2 kids 7 &2 and 2 dogs 6 TV's. House came out great nobody in the family will every camp again EVER.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

The house is about 2650 sqft of living plus the attached garage (conversion in the near future). I will put the new shop behind the house, you guys know me though... COMPUTER ROOM comes first and foremost...The server room (play room) will be good I guarantee it, all the guy stuff with lots of servers and bandwidth..

I will post some pics tomorrow, the footing and stem wall are up and we started the plumbing today.. Should pour the slab Saturday and start framing the walls Monday.

The best part of the entire house is the 100 feet of porch, 10 feet wide, ceiling 10 feet and it wraps the front to the master bedroom...... Lots of skateboard room......
Hey Capt.,

Congrats! One question though. Will there be a pole mounted in the "GUY ROOM" for the strippers?
rock.gif
?

Brian
afro.gif

Not enough room for a pole, I need all the space that I can get for the Beer machine

What no basement?
laugh.gif
  Looking good Captain.  How much land do you have there?  Looks like time to get some dirtbikes or atvs and set up a track.

I have 5 acres, you can see dam of the pond we fish at in picture number 1.

Doug

Current standing, this is actually about a week old. Trusses go up in the morning. All interior walls are up.

80 today, in the lower 80's all week, a chance of rain on Fri, Sat and Sun. I will have it dried in with 2 weeks.

Captain

That a good looking family you got yourself there. The house is coming along nicely.
Questions
1) Is it code that you use 2X6 studs on the exterior walls and bolt them down with lag bolts?
2) Why a solid 2' thick foundation?

Back