Haunted Houses?

MN72Busa

Formerly known as "Zuki"
Donating Member
Registered
Ok, so the Fiance and I are looking at a house built in 1888....has been on the market 220+ days, everything is great in the house but it is way under priced for the area.

The people who live in it before vacated over a year ago, left 80% of their belongings ( which all come with the house) antiques, books, their pictures and college diploma's. Anyhow, we went to look at the house, and I took several pics of the house before the representing agent got there...nothing unusual at that point.

Agent seems real uneasy, doesnt give us much info, and didnt even park in the drive way. Now Im no "I see ghosts or dead people" type of guy, I believe thigs are unexplainable sometimes, and keep an open mind to most things.

Anyhow, as you enter the house, you can feel ...well ...something odd...almost like a heavy feeling...not negative, and not bad. It is a 2 level home with a basement, and all bedrooms upstairs. While I was upstairs, I felt like I was being followed...sounds strange, but its what I felt.

Due to the old age of the home, it has some unique characteristics....like an underground bomb shelter, which also has a concrete tunnel which leads to another section of the basement. The stairway going up stairs goes 2 directions allowing you to goto different sections of the house. The floors are all original hardwood floors, and space is about 3000 sq ft.

Ok, so I get to look at my pictures I took on the 60" LCD tv ( I state this becuase you really have to zoom in on the pictures, and on low res sources the images look more like blur, but a big LCD make the images really stand out)the other night, and while looking at the outside picture I took of the upstairs beedrooms, well I swear I see some unusual figgures in the pictures...I kid you not, maybe it my mind making it into something its not, but sure seems odd.

My fiance mentioned to me if I felt odd in the house, or if I could feel something, and I said yes and we havent talked about it more than that. ANyhow, she is in complete love with the house, We got pre-approved for the house, and looks like we can get a deal of a life time on this house.

Only thing is I dont want to move into the fugin AMityville house...not saying I believed that story, but hey I know there was something different about this house. Im going with the fiance to look at the house again on Friday night, and she wants to make an offer.

Im sure you all think Im just about as loony as a rabid-loon, but Im seriously sane. Most of you know I've spent the last 7 months going through the hoops to be a Deputy for one of our counties in MN, and have also spent 5 years in college, and currently hold  a position working in the private sector with Homeland Security, so with all the psych exams - someone would have said I was nutts a long time ago if I was.

So do haunted houses exist? Do ghosts/ paranormal stuff exist. Let me hear what you think.

<!--EDIT|valium
Reason for Edit: None given...|1125646332 -->

I firmly believe in the paranormal. Call it ghosts, spirits, feelings of being watched, whatever, but there is definitely something going on on a plane we are not conciously aware of. If you felt something was odd about the house, it prolly was. Not necesarily bad, I don't think that all "Ghosts" are evil, but if you felt something, there's a reason for that.....

I believe. I've lived in a home with a ghost before. So has my sister.

If you didn't feel threatened... it might be cool to live there just to see if you can establish communication with them.

But if it gives you the heeby-jeebies.. I'd stear clear..it's all in how you feel and how much you want to mess with it.

I don't believe or disbelieve. That being said Ask the Realtor the exact reasons the previous owners have left why they are willing to leave everything. Research the house... Your realtor can go back through public records and give you all the previous owners names... If everyone who owned the house has lived there five months and then sold it at a loss... Personally, I wouldn't buy it unless I knew everything about the history of the house. I am a Realtor so I am by nature suspicious of deals that are to good to be true. Especially since it has been on the market for over 200 days and is underpriced for the area. POST PICS OF THE HOUSE...
Good luck!

I do believe in the paranormal as well.

Why don't you find some people who study the paranormal to go study it and see what they find out? There is a group here in Central Florida if you want their contacts. I am pretty sure that they would be very excited to go and check it out!

If I post pics, all I will hear is "Nice Photoshop job". or trick photography, or yah...I see it also & a UFO...lol. Im actually being serious about it, and dont want to be razzed to death. I guess Im also a little chicken of others actually also seeing what I see...cause than I would know it aint just me.
blush.gif

Yep Yep Yep ... ghosts are real. They do live in houses. They can't hurt ya. They may scare the bejezuz outta ya but if ya sit down and have a talk with them they should leave ya alone. Ask 'em what they wanna watch on TV and turn the tube on in da basement. Leave them a remote in case they wanna change channels. Tell 'em if they don't behave you're gonna call teh short fat lady and get em kicked out! Seriously ... They are real and they definately have a presence. Some people cal feel 'em and some can't. Ask the realtor for a one night pass at the place. That's the best way to find out. If ya wake up @ 3am with Dead Gramma Wilkins cookin' an apple pie in the Kitchen I say BUY IT! if ya wake up @3am hangin' from the ceiling by your foot ya might wanna reconsider
laugh.gif

Post up the pics of the blurred photos. I wanna see 'em

Post pics dude! Your killing me. I really want to see them.

...dont belive in ghosts and shid!! If there is anything you need to be scared of then its living trigger happy terrorist scums... not some dead bastids!!

If you like that house go buy it mate!!

Ok, I took these pics with a 5 Meg Canon Digital Elf camera. I had to resize, and put the dpi down to 150 dpi. The clarity is not great, but I have limited server space, so if someone wants the original large file, I can forward it off to ya.

Like I said the house was built in 1888, and the Fiance has a historian looking into the history of the house. Read comments above each photo. Im not happy with the resolution, not nearly as good as having original dpi and viewing on large LCD, but here ya go...flame away.

This Is actually the front entrance to the house. The thing Im talking about is located in the upper Left window of the house. Please note that there is nothing in the 2 upstairs beedrooms - no furniture, no pictures, no nothing but the room itself. These photos have not been altered except for resizing.
www.thevmc.com Link no longer works

Ok, this is zoomed in to 4 times the original size. Again this shows the upper left window. Again, nothing has been added to this picture and nothing is in the room, in fact the agent showing the house is not even there at this point, and the doors are locked. Know one is in the house.

This is zoomed in 6 times original size. Ive had several people look at this original photo, and what we seem to come up with is 2 skulls - 1 smaller, and 1 larger (the larger is above and to the right of the more visible smaller skull on the left). Both figgures, seem to have some sort of spear, or shaft type object with a arrow shaped head, and we have no idea what they are holding.

The window to the right of this window seems to have several smaller heads/ sculls/ whatever, much stranger looking, but very hard to see & havent resized that window as I dont think anything would really show up.

I have not shown these pictures to the fiance, and not sure Im gonna. Let me know what you think, but please be aware that the images do not show up on the pc as well as Ive seen on my LCD tv.

<!--EDIT|valium
Reason for Edit: None given...|1125669490 -->

Dude, that's awesome. I'm sure you can see it better in the LCD TV..but I'm with you on this. At first I thought it was a reflection... but that's the second story window.. no way. And if there are more of them in the other window.. there are spirits there. Or course the spears make me think Native Americans. I wonder if the house was built on a burial ground.

But you really need to tell your wife.. you aren't giving her the whole picture in order for her to make a decision. Not fair.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

I would buy that house in a second if it were me... They put decorative candles in the window to welcome you to your new home. They just want some companionship!

I have stayed in a house many times that other people have run out of in the middle of the night and will never come back. Personally I have never seen anything of the sort but I think you have to have an open mind about it to see it. I even stayed there by myself just hoping to see something and didn't see or hear a thing.

That house is beautiful and if it was offered at a good price, just close that sort of thinking out of your mind and you will have many good years there. I really don't know just that it worked for me!!!
biggrin.gif

I too was skeptical about ghosts & such till I moved into the house that my wife ownes. It was built in 1886 and comes complete with a lady in a white dress, 2 kids that run up & down the stairs, and one cat that likes to rub up against your legs while you make dinner. I have felt the cat & heard the kids but I haven't gotten to see the lady yet. My wife has many times & I believe her! As soon as I accepted that they actually are there I barely even notice it anymore, but I have told the kids to quite down before!!
cool.gif

hmmm.... i dont know if i believe in ghosts or not.. But, ill share a quick story.

Tuesday evening my wife was in an accident ( not her fault thank goodness ).  Was a pretty stressful evening and on into the night.  Luckily she only had minor injuries... broken hand and some bruising.  Anyways, went to be around midnight and fell right asleep.  Around 3AM i had a ?dream? that somebody was in my room.  They walked by the foot of the bed and very gently drug their hand across my toes.. i mean i FELT IT.  I immediatly sat up ( awake at this point ) and was watching this figure walk towards my wife's side of the bed.  I instinctly tried to scream, yell, anything.. but nothing came out at all.  I didnt understand.  My heart was pounding like crazy and i shook my head, looked around and the room was empty.  

Now this is a def. a true story.  Wether or not i was still asleep while i sat up and tried to scream seeing the figure, i dont know.  But it felt very very real.  And i dont remember any transition from being asleep to being awake.. it all flowed as one.  I could hardly fall asleep wednesday night cuz i kept thinking about it, was actually a little frightened.  Anyways, thats my story and it happened a few days ago...  
sad.gif

<!--EDIT|fstAZfk
Reason for Edit: None given...|1125678217 -->

I do believe in spirits, ghosts, or whatever you want to call them.

I got a question for you, are there screens on the windows? If so its possible that the screens can create images because if say someone has pushed or hit them by accident the tend to leave warp marks on the screen.

Sometimes its also all imagination like when you look up in the clouds and see objects. The mind likes to play tricks with us.

I myself have seen a figure or ghost or something and it was of my uncle(grandfathers brother) a week after he passed and my wife saw him also but I played it off like there was nothing there because she would have left the house screaming, she is very easily scared.

I would definitly check out the history of the house and find out why it is being sold for so cheap for the area, and maybe take the same picture a few times and see if anything new happens.

Whatever your decision is on the house I wish you the best and good luck.

Spend a day and evening in the house with an open mind. If there are spirits there they will sense your frame of mind and try to make contact. Now the risk is that they may not want anyone else in the house and they will mess with you. On the other hand, they may want someone in the house and will welcome you. Just be ready for either and except which ever is offered. If they want you to leave... leave.

Back