HOLY @$%!...my neighbors house exploded today.

That is really sad. I hope everything works out for her. Sure your help doing anything would be greatly appreciated.

That is really sucky.

I know that feeling of :wtf: when the house shakes. When we were living in the not good part of town after I got out of the military someone blew up a car behind the place we were renting. I thought a truck had driven into the house too. It's crazy.

That story sounds fishy. I don't doubt the house blew up, but with that much of a leak the house would have smelled of sulfur (rotten eggs stench) for days. If you smell rotten eggs, and have natural gas, you have a leak.

Prayers to the lady who's house was damaged.
Gee you would think a trained guy would know if there was a gas leak huh? maybe like a fire dept captain? standing right next to the place?

would be pretty stupid if it happened to a house and no one was home huh?

Last edited by a moderator:
this very thing happened in south bend Indiana last summer and it was a police officers home the house was completely destroyed it also blew with such force it made the 2 next to it and 1 across the street un livable and all 3 of those had to be torn down as well..the officer was home and lived but was hurt real bad....i think he was in or had just pulled into his garage when it happend..... natural gas had no oder unless the utilitie companies add a purfume to it, I check my pipes with a spray bottle with soapy water solution about every 3-4 months..... you just cant trust that darn putty on those pipe joints...

also if your gas has ever been shut off for any reason its a good time to have a pressure test done and have it inspected and certified, you can buy a pressure gauge @ lowes for a few $ and put about 14 psi in your line for 24 hours and check to see if it stays @ 14 psi or not...just make sure you disconnect and cap off all of your appliances first or you will blow out the regulators from them

i'm glad everyone is ok although that would be hard losing a lifetime of memories like that...all help would certainly be appreciated :beerchug:

sorry to hear old lady's house bit it-just glad it was only collateral damage; sux bigtime to lose heirlooms n such, but memories are always inside too-and you cant remember s*** when you blow up...

+1 on making sure your own lines are straight man-keep your eyes n nose open!

*psssst-u still thinkn about FEb. 21st?*:whistle:

like Bosshound said, this just happened here as well except the man that was in the house at the time was killed and two other family members were seriously injured...they had reported a smell of gas but nothing was done until it was to late...hope everything works out ok for those folks

Back