The Grumpy's went down today

Oh no, heal quickly you guys! Prayers sent for you all! :please:

Ouch! Glad they're doing okay. I wish we were closer to help with anything.

Sorry to hear about this. :(

Ang and Dave, heal up quick and know y'all are in my thoughts and prayers.

Oh wow, very sorry guys. My heart goes out to the Grumpys, prayers sent. Let us know if you need anything.

Ok, got to bed at 4am after doing a tub and bandage swap for her. 4x a day till her rash is free of debris and stops weeping. She has a broken right wrist, severely sprained couple fingers on thee left hand, left knee and right elbow are ground though the skin into the cartilage, rash on her lower back left and right and across her midsection, palms and fingers too as well as the left elbow.

I appear to have redislocated my left shoulder, smashed my chin inside the helmet bad enough to bruise it, rash on my left palm, elbow and basically from my left mid calf above my boot to me waist line is crashed, bruised and burned, I am sore as hell, but we are both alive. Doctor said helmets saved both our lives. Both had on jeans, me alpinstar boots, her HD women's shoes, riding jackets me hybrid ICON leather and textile her a cortech textile. Bothed are destroyed, I had on HELD leather and carbon gloves and she hard on Olympia gel gloves, the gel glove are shredded the HELDs are burned through in one spot.

The bike is a loss

We were last in a line of five, GIXERHP was out front
Had 260 on the GPS with 105 to go to get back to his place. 35mph zone with passing, straight road, pulled to pass, 2nd gear, rolled on the throttle hard. Passed and over at 50+ the throttle stayed open, I had let off and cranked it hard forward, it was stuck wide open in 2nd. My bike was over 200hp at the rear wheel. At 6k the nose just started lifting, now going maybe 75? It would not stop and all I saw was the group and traffic coming fast. Stomped the rear brake, leaned left, grabbed the front brake and tried to lowsided it
Posted via Mobile Device

Sorry mobile glitch

Tried to low side it, I didn't want to slam into the group and take out anyone else.

May have been going 100 at That point. Dunno, hit the ground, heard her screaming and and was on my feet as soon as I stopped sliding, wanted to get to her. On lookers came running, some guy said not Your fault atball you saves the others, not feeling like a hero. ..
Posted via Mobile Device

Man glad you guys are okay!! I've never heard of a throttle sticking open on a bike before.I've sent up a prayer for a healthy and speedy recovery..

This just breaks my heart for you and Angela. Please give her a soft hug for me. I know you did the best you could. I'm very, very thankful you are both alive and will heal from this.

Love and prayers!

Well at least you guys made it and sounds like you were doing the right thing. I know this doesn't help much right now, but it could have been a lot worse.

Don

Lots done to the bike, anything could have gone wrong. I dunno. No tickets issued, no measurements taken...
Posted via Mobile Device

I am so sorry to hear about this. Happened too fast for you to do anything else and your reaction to put it down before it got any faster was also probably a factor that helped saved your lives. Please give Angela our best wishes for a rapid recovery. Your bike can be replaced but you cannot. I suspect some competent eyes will be placed on your thottle when you feel good enough to tell us how in the heck the thing got stuck in the first place. Thanks to everyone else there who helped get you home.

Angela's gonna hurt today; hope you'll tell her of the overwhelming support and best wishes of all her .org friends!

Last edited:
Dave, Angela..my heart goes out to you two and i am relieved to hear you are both here to tell the story.

You have my cell and home numbers, call if there is anything i can do.

Thanks to john and Angel and all others who helped these good people.

Terrible news! You guys let me know if I can do anything. Glad you are OK.

Back