Noticed something great today on the forums

you have no idea how true that is... Call it Gen 5 if you will... Most folks will stick around heavily for about 2 years then the daily check in turns into weekly, then monthly, then just when they get a chance... In the mean time more folks keep joining the site...

I have seen this cycle over and over and I can tell you that there are great folks in each Gen...

cap

Even after some of us move on from a Busa we still stick around the "family" :thumbsup:

I've been visiting the site daily...

I mean every single day of the week just about since mid 2006.

Pretty cool website and great people. I plan to be here for years to come...

Ride safe

Ya said it Captain... This is a excellent place... and speaking of bashes anyone think of a Florida bash! lets put it together guy's and girls Florida riders lets do something...
Also my uncle is a harley ridder, and he belongs to some harley forum, he is the guy in charge of rides and stuff here in florida ( or at least his town ) maybe we should? Ya know Captain's need Lieutenant's, Chain of command

you have no idea how true that is... Call it Gen 5 if you will... Most folks will stick around heavily for about 2 years then the daily check in turns into weekly, then monthly, then just when they get a chance... In the mean time more folks keep joining the site...

I have seen this cycle over and over and I can tell you that there are great folks in each Gen...

cap

And some people just won't ever go away...and have over 30,000 posts, all very meaningful and poignant :rofl: :p

:thumbsup:

I've been visiting the site daily...

I mean every single day of the week just about since mid 2006.

Pretty cool website and great people. I plan to be here for years to come...

Ride safe

Same here but it's been over 8 years for me and I've been without a Busa for the last 5 1/2 of them. I just can't stay away.

To all the members
Welcome to the board if I haven't already said it to you.
If you haven't been to any of the get together's you have no idea what you're missing. As you can see by my location I live in GA. My first get together was in 2003 when a few members talked me in to driving all the way out to CA for the races at Laguna Seca. The whole way out there I was thinking "What the hell am I doing? I have no idea who these people are, what they are like, or if I'm even going to like them or not. All I've done is read their post and don't even know what they look like. Yet hear I am driving across the country by myself to meet these people." I'm here to tell you that turned out to be the best thing I've ever done. I made some great friends and I went back the next year. All in all I've been out there with my Busa twice, flown out there three times for the weekend of the races and have gone out there a few times for get together's at the bike shows.
If you have thought about going to a get together but for whatever reason didn't. Don't let it be because of the fact that you really don't know the people that are going to be there. If you're going to meet members of this board then you are going to meet some great people. :beerchug:

I joined last year when I got my busa and have mostly lurked here and read alot of info. You are right though. This is more like an extended family than a forum.

I just recently learned that Dave and Angela are in the same town as me.

I wish them a speedy recovery....even if I have to deliver some Birch Beer to help :beerchug:

I've been a lurker for quite some time ever since I bought the busa last year. After reading all of the informative posts, pictures of long rides and adventures on your busa, realized that we all share the same passion, so I decided to come out of hiding. This is a great site.

I would love to meet some of you guys sometime, too bad I'm in NY and don't really know any other busa owners in this area.

Difference between this site and others is there are so many ops to meet people outside of the site. Many other sites users remain anonymous and do flame each other or insult one another without thought because they will never meet and greet anyone.
People here act same as they would in person so when they do finally meet outside of the org you discover they are the same person who's been posting . It's not a huge surprise when you meet someone from here because in real life they talk and act same as they do online .

Sorry, I couldn't stay away any longer. I might ride a slower bike (at least it's a Suzuki), but most of my friends have moved to Busa's or B-Kings or in some cases, both. So, to stay in touch with them, I've left behind the slow "wannabe" riders and have come here. Maybe I'll pick up a busa or a B-king sometime before too long. But, for now, everyone that I ride with will just have to be satisfied with waiting on me. My poor bike only goes about 130 on the top end....

That being said, I might make it down for Eureka Springs...depends on cash available at that time and if I'm going to be going down there in October or not.

Back