The 'Curse' of Biden

It's ok to compare Bush to a monkey, but I would be labeled a racist if I did it with Obama. Think about the double standard. I don't find it funny.

None of this affects how I feel about you guys, so don't take my disappointment as a commentary on you, I just don't find the humor in making fun of a person for their personality traits. Politics is one thing, but to make fun of someone for the way they speak or the way they look is pretty rotten. Especially the President of the United States.

Ditto. I couldn't agree more.

Right....I see where you're coming from. Unfortunately Bush was a horrible speaker. Just sayin'

Yeah, and we see what having Mr. Eloquent has done for us.

I never voted for Bush in a primary, but did vote for him twice in the main events, mostly because of the lame candidates that were put up against him. Gore? Kerry? Give me a break.

By the end of the 2nd Bush presidency, I was actually glad to see Obama get elected. But now all the worst I feared with Obama is coming true. AND I ACTUALLY MISS HAVING BUSH AS PRESIDENT! Didn't think that would be possible.

It's ok to compare Bush to a monkey, but I would be labeled a racist if I did it with Obama. Think about the double standard. I don't find it funny. \
Vonderbach, come on. I would of thought you would of known better then this. The racial slur for an african american was a monkey. You really think its a double standard cause you can call a white guy a monkey which has no relevance, where calling an African American one implies to the years of hate and racism?

Last edited:
VB your right, same reason there is BET(Black Entertainment Television) and not the opposite.
Same reason there is a United ***** College Fund and not the opposite

We have allowed ourselves to accept the double standards we live with.

I dont believe there should be any laws or funds set up specifically to assist certain races or colors because by their very structure it is racist .

White Entertainment Television would not last long nor would a United Whitey Fund .

Just the way it is ...for now

Actually I'm going to have to disagree with you on that one, BET was created because Blacks could not get on TV and when they did have a token black person it was always some pointless demeaning role e.g (drug dealer, pimp or junky) nothing that signified the multiple aspects of the AA community, also the stations as we called them NBC (Nothing But Caucasians) ABC (Always Broadcasting Caucasians) and CBS (Caucasian Broadcasting Network):rofl: did not have much programing that the Black community would enjoy or relate to, not that BET does now it's mainly the opposite of MTV and for the kids.

Most adults ridicule BET's programming since Viacom purchased the network as well, but any way things have become better and more variety is now out there but imagine if all you had to watch was `Meet the Browns' type off shows where you don't really get the humor, or shows where white people only played prostitutes, Meth addicts, criminals or only lived in trailer parks you would want something else because that's definitely not the reality you know. I grew up having to watch Leave it to Beaver, Andy Griffinth, I Dream of Jeannie type of shows, The Cosby Show was like the only good show on we really wanted to see and dealt with what my family saw as reality.

Same deal with the college funds and even HBCU's, African Americans were denied college funding and not accepted into Universities, not because qualifications but skin color, not to mention all the other hurdles and doors that were closed for simply not being White, so alternate methods and rules, checks and balances have to be put in place, so in essence White America had or has it's on networks and college funding. :poke:

Last edited:
Actually I'm going to have to disagree with you on that one, BET was created because Blacks could not get on TV and when they did have a token black person it was always some pointless demeaning role e.g (drug dealer, pimp or junky) nothing that signified the multiple aspects of the AA community, also the stations as we called them NBC (Nothing But Caucasians) ABC (Always Broadcasting Caucasians) and CBS (Caucasian Broadcasting Network):rofl: did not have much programing that the Black community would enjoy or relate to, not that BET does now it's mainly the opposite of MTV and for the kids.

Most adults ridicule BET's programming since Viacom purchased the network as well, but any way things have become better and more variety is now out there but imagine if all you had to watch was `Meet the Browns' type off shows where you don't really get the humor, or shows where white people only played prostitutes, Meth addicts, criminals or only lived in trailer parks you would want something else because that's definitely not the reality you know. I grew up having to watch Leave it to Beaver, Andy Griffinth, I Dream of Jeannie type of shows, The Cosby Show was like the only good show on we really wanted to see and dealt with what my family saw as reality.

Same deal with the college funds and even HBCU's, African Americans were denied college funding and not accepted into Universities, not because qualifications but skin color, not to mention all the other hurdles and doors that were closed for simply not being White, so alternate methods and rules, checks and balances have to be put in place, so in essence White America had or has it's on networks and college funding. :poke:

Your making a simple thing into a difficult one.
Agreed for many yrs only roles they got were 'uncle toms' and did not get their fair share.

But I make a simple statement again.
If you started a channel now and it was called
'WET' white entertainment Tv, no matter how big or small successful or not there would be major uproar.
But yet others exist for blacks and we accept them.
It is a double standard and by having the name of BET-Black Entertainment TV I take it as a poke that I have to accept double standards.
If we are to live without race and in harmony than BET should not exist.
It should be just any other channel without such an inciteful name.
there should be no orgs that protect certain races, no laws that protect certain races.
We should be and need to be equal to all under the law and have all the same opps, period.

To have these orgs continues the race separation in our minds.
Sure we need to hold onto our heritage and I encourage it .
I just dont think we constantly need to be reminded of race, color or creed.

Last edited:

I agree with you AND i can see the point of the other side.... People act like slavery was so long ago so there is no point in helping out....yet they forget people are still alive that were getting dogs sicked on them and hoses turned on them....America is better than it has been....but to think racism is gone is absurd.... i would bet that most white americans know at least one person that loves telling black jokes....those aren't just jokes..they show the mentality of those people. Do you think you could get hired fairly if someone like that thought that way about you??

On the other side of the coin though...if you keep drawing lines in the sand you will never be able to get rid of them.... Equal opportunity hiring practices were said from the start never to be a permanant thing...

I get into it with my mother in law all the time about equal opportunity hiring...she gets mad about minorities getting hired, but yet she forgets b/c she is a woman she got points for it :/

Vonderbach, come on. I would of thought you would of known better then this. The racial slur for an african american was a monkey. You really think its a double standard cause you can call a white guy a monkey which has no relevance, where calling an African American one implies to the years of hate and racism?

You'll have to excuse me if I'm not very PC on these issues. You see, I'm the type of person that looks at things for their face value. A picture of a monkey as it relates to a human is meant to convey all manner of negative connotations. Does it really matter if one is based on race and the other is based on IQ? Are both not hateful? The same thing with hate crimes....as if one crime is somehow worse because they had a different reason for doing it. Crimes are bad, period. Hate is bad, period. There is no "why." Only the fact that you do it.

You'll have to excuse me if I'm not very PC on these issues. You see, I'm the type of person that looks at things for their face value. A picture of a monkey as it relates to a human is meant to convey all manner of negative connotations. Does it really matter if one is based on race and the other is based on IQ? Are both not hateful? The same thing with hate crimes....as if one crime is somehow worse because they had a different reason for doing it. Crimes are bad, period. Hate is bad, period. There is no "why." Only the fact that you do it.

I dont believe a hate of a person for his actions is the same as the hate for an entire race because of the color of the skin. What your telling me is calling me stupid has the same effect as calling an African American a N? Both are hate and are considered to be at the same levels right?

Truman could cuss Biden a new one.

truman.jpg

And just in case anybody is offended, I offer up the Army's latest way of dealing with this, DA*FORM*IMT*WF1,*APRIL*2009, Hurt Feelings Report.

Attachments

• hurt-feelings-report-da_form_imt_wf1.pdf
    88.4 KB · Views: 140
So could Roosevelt and certainly Nixon and Clinton. Not to say these latter two are our best role models, but when did we all become so darned "politically correct"?

And let's not forget Andrew Jackson.

LoL...if Bidens was good....

Cheyneys was AWESOME...

He dropped it on the floor of the senate yelling at someone and could back it up by shooting them in the face!

:rofl:

I am with you Blanca. I don't understand why we can't have a United Whitey College Fund? Why can't we have a white history month?

Back