Quarterback Sneak Attack!

Interesting play, don't think it would work anyplace other than middle school ball.
Defensive line didn't even move when the ball was "snapped".
Would have liked to hear the field audio.

Funny play. Bad caoching on the defense part. D-Line should have clobbered the center as soon as the ball moved. The play is totally illegal, ball has to pass through the center's legs to be a legal snap, but if the refs are like the ones in the league I coach in, they would have scratched their heads and then signalled touchdown. It would have been nice to see if it was ruled a touchdown or not.

actually i looked into it further...there isnt any rule that says the ball must go through the centers legs. I cant find one anyways. It was ruled a td! woohooo!!! my hats off to that coach he should be coaching college ball. If he is that smart to come up with that type of play.:laugh:

One for the play of the season!! I bet the sucking sound was loud when they pulled their heads out. :laugh:

actually i looked into it further...there isnt any rule that says the ball must go through the centers legs. I cant find one anyways. It was ruled a td! woohooo!!! my hats off to that coach he should be coaching college ball. If he is that smart to come up with that type of play.:laugh:

We both may be right. I searched the net and could only find information saying that a snap ir required to pass through the legs in Canada. I was a certified ref in New Mexico and that is a High School (NMAA) rule here. Middle school and most little and intramural leagues follow NMAA rules with a few amendments.

There was a play in a game I worked a few years ago where it looked like the center threw a forward latteral to a reciever instead of snapping to the QB. We had to break out the rule book to figure out if it was legal or not. Not word-for-word, but the rule stated: In order to be a legal snap the first motion of the ball must be backwards and pass between the legs of the snapper. The ball must then be touched by a ball eligible player to be a legal play.

We had to get the center to show how he did it. Since the ball passed through the centers legs before it went forward, it was a legal play.

I am not try to split hairs, I think it was a cool play. Legal or not, it is the defense's fault that it worked. Hats of the the coaches and players for pulling it off.:bowdown:

lol ya i couldnt find a bunch on it it was sweet though!@

Back