The BI called!

I was told by several of the other recruits, that management told them that we aren't supposed to be processing with the Sheriff's dept. for another 3 weeks...(because the academy doesn't start until Jan.).

Guess who called today? The BACKGROUND INVESTIGATOR, he wants to do the interview first part of next week! :eh:

I'm excited and TERRIFIED all at the same time! :eek: :thumbsup:

Anyone have any idea on what I should expect? Possible questions...how should I dress? etc...???

My LE dream is coming true right before me!...:please::thumbsup:

I've been through several "interviews" and several polygraphs. What other folks have said is true, relax, be yourself, answer the questions directly and offer nothing.

DO NOT elaborate, do expound, do not get nervous. Answer the question and shut up. There will likely be long uncomfortable pauses, these are actually the exam as much as anything else. Remember that DSS, OSI, FBI, can smell BS a mile away. SO, be honest, answer truthfully, and be yourself.

IF you're good to go, remember that YOU ARE GOOD TO GO! No worries. :thumbsup:

Try not to mention your Cocaine habit or the dead hookers, you'll be good. :beerchug:

Try not to mention your Cocaine habit or the dead hookers, you'll be good. :beerchug:

Somehow, with the way you talk to people on the board...I can tell you'd make a GREAT cop! (Loaded with sarcasm).:laugh:

Thanks for the advice, I'll TRY not to mention those...:whistle::laugh:

Start hitting the protien drinks and weights too my brother.

I'm already starting to get into shape.

That raises another question...do you have any suggestions on things I should take to build muscle. (NO steroids).:laugh::poke:

On my scrawny azz frame, I'm pretty quick to build a little muscle, then it just stops. (Probably my horrible diet).

I need all the help on this matter I can get!:bowdown:

Come to the door with a good command presence, and fire a couple rounds over thier heads to let them know you're serious about the job.:laugh:

Come to the door with a good command presence, and fire a couple rounds over thier heads to let them know you're serious about the job.:laugh:

Hahaha "Command Presence", haven't heard that in years..
The couple of rounds over the head should go over really well!

Somehow, with the way you talk to people on the board...I can tell you'd make a GREAT cop! (Loaded with sarcasm).:laugh:

Thanks for the advice, I'll TRY not to mention those...:whistle::laugh:

Why whatever do you mean? I am the model of restraint, measured response, and appropriate action. :whistle: :rofl:

No No, I thought briefly about a career in law enforcement when I was in my teens and twenties. Then after a couple of um... "measured response and appropriate action" issues I realized that I haven't the temperament, or control necessary for a successful career in law enforcement. I had a hell of a time letting things go and my fight/flight response is completely broken. After college it occurred to me that local law enforcement wasn't where I wanted to be.

Experience since then has taught me that there are a great many LEO's out there that didn't pay attention to their being poor candidates for police work.

No, I have however held a TS/SCI for 12 years and have worked for various military/government organizations quite successfully.

:rofl: Hell yeah, that's a good way to start an Interview, get them outta their comfort zone, establish control early. :laugh:

i would say hide the weed.

the **** might help, depending on the officer :rofl:

if there coming into your home then jeans and polo should be good. I'm sure that they don't expect u to be in a tux.

imagine this as a test that they want you to pass. they need people but they have to weed out the wacko's.

be truthful.

the advise about not giving anything that they didn't ask for is good advise. but more specific don't ramble on and on and direct the conversation into a topic that you don't want to discuss. if your afraid he will ask you something and your thinking about it. if you rambel you might direct the conversation where you don't want to go. so just don't rambel.

just relax and you should be fine.

ok. evidently the board has some type of filter to take out words that might be considered offensive. but to keep you on your toes i'm not going to tell you what word I had there :rofl:

Don't be afraid to ask them to clarify the question if you don't inderstand what they are asking for.

Back