New Job, Really Excited!

Derrick0580

Registered
Well after 9 years with Caterpillar I got fed up with the uncertainty of having a job from day to day. To make a long story short I was told a month ago I was being placed on indefinite layoff, meaning I could be called back up to 1 year later, if not then I was fired. They held a job fair and what not for those of us who were affected and I put my application in for Subaru and was called for an interview and offered the job pending I pass all of their tests. I took and passed all but one test when Cat decided that part of those they told were going to be laid off were going to be offered to stay. Being so far into the hiring process with Subaru I decided that the smart thing would be to finish the testing process and take my chances there as they opened in the 80's and have never had a single layoff! Needless to say last week was my orientation week and I am super stoked to start my new job which I lucked into an In Process Control position, basically an auditor! Our benefits are paid 100% by the company and we get killer deals of buying the cars we build! Our plant currently builds the Legacy, Outback, and Toyota Camry, but Camry is going away and we will be building the Impreza for 2017 which will be an all new body style! Eventually we will be building a larger crossover with 3rd row seating but Subaru has yet to name the vehicle. Just wanted to share my excitement with everyone!

Well after 9 years with Caterpillar I got fed up with the uncertainty of having a job from day to day. To make a long story short I was told a month ago I was being placed on indefinite layoff, meaning I could be called back up to 1 year later, if not then I was fired. They held a job fair and what not for those of us who were affected and I put my application in for Subaru and was called for an interview and offered the job pending I pass all of their tests. I took and passed all but one test when Cat decided that part of those they told were going to be laid off were going to be offered to stay. Being so far into the hiring process with Subaru I decided that the smart thing would be to finish the testing process and take my chances there as they opened in the 80's and have never had a single layoff! Needless to say last week was my orientation week and I am super stoked to start my new job which I lucked into an In Process Control position, basically an auditor! Our benefits are paid 100% by the company and we get killer deals of buying the cars we build! Our plant currently builds the Legacy, Outback, and Toyota Camry, but Camry is going away and we will be building the Impreza for 2017 which will be an all new body style! Eventually we will be building a larger crossover with 3rd row seating but Subaru has yet to name the vehicle. Just wanted to share my excitement with everyone!
I worked at a Subaru dealership servicing and repairing all the models from 92 to 2011, great product and I have a 2010 legacy wagon as my daily driver, good luck with the new job!

I currently work at a rental car company servicing a fleet of 350 late model jap cars, it's pretty easy after repairing old farm hacks for 6 years!

Who'd have thought Subaru makes the Camry for Toyota. Would have never guessed.

One door closed for you and another one opened. Onward and upward.

CAT has been cyclic for years. And they better sharpen their pencils because the competition is digging into their market.

I think you made a wise move.

Back