Tea Party

Oh and I think it is next Tuesday that all is ending...Unfortunately none of us will be laughing when we see our taxes become 64% of your earnings.

Go see your nearest recruiter; tell em you want to join up and deploy ISO OIF/OEF. Still tax free on this end (for now):lol:

Oh and I think it is next Tuesday that all is ending...Unfortunately none of us will be laughing when we see our taxes become 64% of your earnings.
already is unfortunately in some cases.... you can add almost 15-25% on top of your already tough to swallow State and Federal taxes that might already equal 40% of your income..

sales tax (5-10%), property tax (1-5%), school tax (0-2%), Fuel tax (36-55cpg) and a number of assorted hidden taxes (excise, telecom, etc) we are over the 50% mark already..

Just sad how they keep adding pennies and nickels to the burden and then whack us with 2 trillion in additional deficit in under 90 days....

I do find it amazing that anyone can sit back and bury their head in the sand... it should at least get your attention it seems.. in the next 2 years, it is going to explode as the value of the USD crashes along with inflation skyrocketing... (the USD will probably be replaced as the international "reserve" currency too unless our crash if followed by the Euro and the yen)

This has nothing to do with political lines, it is a govt gone spend happy... the value of the dollar means absolutely nothing as each politician fights to gain back some of the money that will be ripped from the taxpayers.. (pretty vicious circle that needs broken but will not be)

One time I would love to be wrong .. This "I told ya so" is going to be costly..

Last edited:
They're coming to take me away, HA HA
They're coming to take me away, HO HO HEE HEE HA HA
To the funny farm
Where life is beautiful all the time
And I'll be happy to see
Those nice, young men
In their clean, white coats
And they're coming to take me away, Ha-haaa!

I think it's going to be very interesting. Around here we have all but lost all industry. I live in a county with around 25K inhabitants and three school districts. 45 teachers got there pink notices a few weeks ago. I'm thankful for what I have, but at the same time if I wanted to sell and move on I couldn't. My outlook isn't exactly rosy.

I think it's going to be very interesting. Around here we have all but lost all industry. I live in a county with around 25K inhabitants and three school districts. 45 teachers got there pink notices a few weeks ago. I'm thankful for what I have, but at the same time if I wanted to sell and move on I couldn't. My outlook isn't exactly rosy.
Same story around our state.. All the manufacturing has packed up and moved... (China/MX).. we have regions of the state at 15%+ unemployment and on the rise.. more than 15,000 jobs lost in the last 9 months here..

Same story around our state.. All the manufacturing has packed up and moved... (China/MX).. we have regions of the state at 15%+ unemployment and on the rise.. more than 15,000 jobs lost in the last 9 months here..

Seriously isnt that Capitalism? The industry found a solution that creates a greater profit. Blame it on whatever you want but at the end of the day capitalism is about profits so isn't it enivitable that industry will migrate to where the cheapeast labor resides?

Seriously isnt that Capitalism? The industry found a solution that creates a greater profit. Blame it on whatever you want but at the end of the day capitalism is about profits so isn't it enivitable that industry will migrate to where the cheapeast labor resides?
It's not all about labor. The U.S. has some of the highest corproate tax rates in the world. When the government intervenes, capitalism suffers.

It's not all about labor. The U.S. has some of the highest corproate tax rates in the world. When the government intervenes, capitalism suffers.

Perhaps, but I am talking about cheaper labor. Even if the high taxes did not exist it what would be the incentitive to remain somplace when you can find cheaper labor elsewhere?

Perhaps, but I am talking about cheaper labor. Even if the high taxes did not exist it what would be the incentitive to remain somplace when you can find cheaper labor elsewhere?
Shipping from a foreign country costs more and the training and maintenance of a poorly educated workforce will cost more in the long run. Companies that relocate to foreign countries do so for numerous reasons, not just cost of labor. Sure, it's a consideration, but if everything else was equal, labor would be a relative non issue.

For example, look at the foreign car companies that build plants here in the U.S. They do so because the states and counties are begging for their business with sweetheart tax deals. If labor was an issue, they would not be moving to the U.S. This example alone should accurately prove my point.

Cheaper labor and taxes go hand in hand when the bottom line comes around.. you can reduce the cost of labor by large margins if you simple remove the tax load.. company pays 20-40% on every dollar and the employee pays 20% or more of every dollar.. you spread that across the entire spectrum of product costs and you might see a 30-50% reduction in costs to produce your goods...

I really do not expect you to agree with any of this as you seem purely antagonist about these threads and I really do not know why you even get involved.. the theme you play is pretty predictable and normally has nothing but boo's and haa's with little factual information to backup the some what liberal attitude (or shall we just call it the "left")

I could care less about party affiliation, I want what is good for this country and just handing out trillions in "stimulus" is a disaster in the making.. It has been tried and failed in dozens of economies just before you could find the currency laying in the streets like garbage..

Ignore or make fun, what ever you prefer but I would pray that the rest of the country has more regard for its own well being...

Cheaper labor and taxes go hand in hand when the bottom line comes around.. you can reduce the cost of labor by large margins if you simple remove the tax load.. company pays 20-40% on every dollar and the employee pays 20% or more of every dollar.. you spread that across the entire spectrum of product costs and you might see a 30-50% reduction in costs to produce your goods...

I really do not expect you to agree with any of this as you seem purely antagonist about these threads and I really do not know why you even get involved.. the theme you play is pretty predictable and normally has nothing but boo's and haa's with little factual information to backup the some what liberal attitude (or shall we just call it the "left")

I could care less about party affiliation, I want what is good for this country and just handing out trillions in "stimulus" is a disaster in the making.. It has been tried and failed in dozens of economies just before you could find the currency laying in the streets like garbage..

Ignore or make fun, what ever you prefer but I would pray that the rest of the country has more regard for its own well being...

I find this very ignorant and rude.
Every one is entitled to their own opinion just because you think he is wrong is no reason to say that he is not contributing.
And personally i believe your comments are nothing more then an attempt to piss him off.

Every one is entitled to their own opinion just because you think he is wrong is no reason to say that he is not contributing.
And personally i believe your comments are nothing more then an attempt to piss him off.
and the monkey is entitled to his thoughts too... but what part is ignorant and I will see if I can document the parts you find off..

:poke:

Not sure if you know there is a "history" between the two, just two Busa Bros goin at it, I just try to kinda stay out of the way. They are big boys, each seems to be able to take punches pretty well. Many of us have our opinions, these two are just more articulate than most of us simple folk:poke::laugh:

Last edited:
Not sure if you know there is a "history" between the two, just two Busa Bros goin at it, I just try to kinda stay out of the way.
shhhhhh we might just band together... :rofl: at least my blueray player firmware update went right... yea for 2.0 and now I can watch "The day the earth stood still"

shhhhhh we might just band together... :rofl: at least my blueray player firmware update went right... yea for 2.0 and now I can watch "The day the earth stood still"

It's all good, feel the love, lets gather round the camp fire and sing commbayaa:rofl:

Everyone show know by now that MrB is a misinformed alarmist and to just accept that fact. Probably listens to Limpbaugh like he's the messiah.

Problem is Bogus, you think everyone that disagrees with you is only doing so to antagonize. It is possible that you are wrong but usually it is simply that you are mis-informed.

You are right in terms of the bottom line and although corporate taxes are hig in the US many large companies get hugs tax benefits for locating in certain areas, as was pointed out with regard to European Auto makers. The cost of those benefits to big business translates to less government services in those areas (Schools, Emergency Services, Infrastructure) also the larger corporations push out the mom and pop stores (you know, like the butcher whose name you used to know). So if you think I am being antagonistic you are wrong I simply disagree with your position.

Back