Tea Party

winlite

Registered
Just returned from a Tea Party Rally. What a privilege to gather with Those patriots who beleive in The spirit that made America the greatest country on earth. They don't want a bailout. We just want government to give U.S. a fighting chance by not putting us and our children and grandchildren in bondage. To stop spending and lower our taxes so the U.S. can prosper. We don't believe in government run business. Those in attendance here in Niceville, Fl were predominately Christian or deeply respectful of it and other faiths. Am not trolling for a response, just stating what I witnessed. Have not put down anyone or any religion as per the new policy.:usa:

In re: "To stop spending and lower our taxes so the U.S. can prosper."

To stop spending is the worst thing that can (and is) happening. No one spends which means no one sells and that means people get laid off and businesses fail. What did you think your tea party accomplished?

Just returned from a Tea Party Rally. What a privilege to gather with Those patriots who beleive in The spirit that made America the greatest country on earth. They don't want a bailout. We just want government to give U.S. a fighting chance by not putting us and our children and grandchildren in bondage. To stop spending and lower our taxes so the U.S. can prosper. We don't believe in government run business. Those in attendance here in Niceville, Fl were predominately Christian or deeply respectful of it and other faiths. Am not trolling for a response, just stating what I witnessed. Have not put down anyone or any religion as per the new policy.:usa:

Way to go! :beerchug:

In re: "To stop spending and lower our taxes so the U.S. can prosper."

To stop spending is the worst thing that can (and is) happening. No one spends which means no one sells and that means people get laid off and businesses fail. What did you think your tea party accomplished?
ok this is ripe for comment... it also shows the shallow knowledge of what the TEA party is about "Taxed Enough Already"

this is about killing govt spending... period your taxes in the next couple years are going to freak you out... at that point you can come back with the Liberal idea of govt and that govt spending will fix the economy.. (yea right).. We have just printed an additional 1 Trillion USD to buy the other Trillion in debt (paid a credit card with a credit card) this is the worst thing that could happen... Your current savings? about to worth squat..

Your grand kids are going to be cursing this "wise" choice made by a bunch of thieving self serving politicians (and a great campaigner that is not fit to rule)

woohoo!! the good ole boys are packing away $$$ faster than we can print it... and you know it will do the average person no good...

Last edited:
This thread can lead nowhere good...so let me contribute to it before it gets ugly.

That's all I had to offer...sorry.

Speaking strictly from an economics point of view....

Spending by the masses is NOT good for the economy because they are spending money they don't have. They are spending on credit and that means there is no money in their bank account because they are using what they have to pay off the credit card debt (or mortgage debt).

If there is no money in the banks, the banks cannot make loans. Unlike the govt, banks cannot loan against what they don't have.

Therefore, saving actually helps the economy because the banks have money that they can loan to businesses, which hire people. Who save part of their money and spend part of it on necessary items (not over indulging themselves we hope).

With the recent scare everyone started saving their money. Look what happened. Banks have money to loan again so they are and they are instantly turning a profit because there are many viable companies out there that will pay their loans back and are. Citigroup just had a great quarter.

Fundamentally it's about balance. Save some, spend some. Do not borrow from the future to pay for play now. Same economic principle applies to people, businesses and governments.

Oh and yeah, I'm going to a tea party tonite. Because I do support reform in government and think raising taxes is NOT the answer to any problem. As an employee I cannot walk in and demand more money of my employer. I feel the government should be held to the same standard.

I was in one in my state also, awesome event! Here's a pic from the event, I'm front and center with my "Don't tax me bro" sign. :whistle:

Tea Party.jpg

Exactly! For what??? I am a patriot too.... but i value my job, so i decided to work.

Ummhh, some of us do get lunch breaks. :poke: The only way we are going to get the government to realize the sheep have awaken to their mindless spending is to stand up and say enough is enough! I had a really nice time protesting side by side with fellow Dems, Republicans, and Independents today. We didn't agree on everything, but we did agree that government has gotten out of control with OUR money and they must stop.

they had one here too...a peaceful gathering with a whole lot of anti bailout / no more taxation without representation signs...they even brought out the don't tread on me flag:thumbsup: with all the factories and businesses shutting down here, I'd assume no one was missing work by thier own choice:poke:

It is only paper print more. It will not matter when the world ends. :cheerleader:

OK it was getting a little edgy and I thought I was going to shut it down because of politics. It got back on track just showing the events, which is OK. Please keep it that way.

I hate to say it, but I think it's a waste of time. I don't really think anyone is listening.

Oh and I think it is next Tuesday that all is ending...Unfortunately none of us will be laughing when we see our taxes become 64% of your earnings.

Oh and I think it is next Tuesday that all is ending...Unfortunately none of us will be laughing when we see our taxes become 64% of your earnings.

We should start a church maybe:whistle: Our office could be offshore(international waters).

Anyone know where we can get an old oil tanker cheap?

Lots of surface area on the deck, maybe a busa track?

Back