T-bolt Clamps

65Cobra

Registered
I'd prefer to use stainless T-bolt clamps for the plenum to throttle body hoses but they must be 1/2" wide max. I can't seem to find any that narrow. All the ones I've looked at are 3/4" wide. Anyone know where I can get any? Thanks.

we got ours for turbo systems from aircraft scrap... find tons of outstanding plumbing stuff there.. Check for an aircraft scrap parts yard in your area.. The guy we used was out of AZ

Mr Bogus, your reply gave me an idea so I checked Pilot Supplies, Avionics, and Homebuilt Aircraft Parts from Aircraft Spruce and Specialty Co. and found these Oetiker Stepless Screw Clamps... they are stainless, only 9mm wide, and although they might not be as good as a T-bolt clamp, they look like they would work better than the standard worm-drive hose clamp. I'd appreciate knowing what others know/think about these clamps before I make the purchase. Thanks.

OETIKER STEPLESS SCREW CLAMPS from Aircraft Spruce

atticdog, if you're referring to the Oetiker clams, I'm using part #065-9. They have a Minimum OD of 2-5/16" and a Maximum OD of 2-9/16".

looks like a great alternative... built very much like aircraft but at nothing near the price.. nice find and adding them to my list of goodies.. :)

surprised how cheap they are in the large sizes...$4 for a 6.5" clamp? amazing...

Last edited:
the hose I'm using has an OD of 2 5/16 but once they are over the plenum and Tbodies they will be stretched so I guess the min size of 2 5/16 should be ok?

Hose comes in different thicknesses but you can always take one hose, push it over a Tbody, then measure. However, the clamps have some adjustability so I still think they are the ones to get. BTW, I polished mine on a buffer and they look great. The only issue is they are somewhat of a pain to install because the band is adjustable so it comes apart. You'll see what I mean when you get them. When installing them, especially the first couple, be patient, take your time, and you'll be fine. At that price, get a couple spares just in case.

Mr Bogus, your reply gave me an idea so I checked Pilot Supplies, Avionics, and Homebuilt Aircraft Parts from Aircraft Spruce and Specialty Co. and found these Oetiker Stepless Screw Clamps... they are stainless, only 9mm wide, and although they might not be as good as a T-bolt clamp, they look like they would work better than the standard worm-drive hose clamp. I'd appreciate knowing what others know/think about these clamps before I make the purchase. Thanks.

OETIKER STEPLESS SCREW CLAMPS from Aircraft Spruce

Now that looks like a well built piece of hardware and for 3-4 dollars, amazing! and to think I went to the dealer last week and spent 9 dollars for one frickin washer ::9

atticdog, I just wanted to add a minor caution... if you decide to polish those clamps, be careful and don't go too fast because the clamps not only have several hard to polish areas, but there are a couple areas on the clamps a buffing wheel could grab hold of and yank that baby right out of your hands. No quicker way to destroy a clamp... ask me how I know. :laugh:

I use the European style stainless clamps. You can get Carquest Auto parts or any Au-Ve-Co distributor to order them. Part #19253. Download the catalog in PDF form,......and go to page 606 in the catalog. You can get a box of 10 for $10 to $15. Some guy is selling these on Ebay for $60.:cookoo:
What is this world coming to?? Good luck on your project!

Back