Front Fender Removal (clamp Issue)

Shaft

Registered
Hey all,

I have the repair manual and it simply says to remove 4 bolts to remove the front fender after you disconnect the brake lines from the clamps on the fender.

My problem is there is no enough clearance for the fender to come through the forks. The clamp for the brake hose on the left side (face the bike) is in the way. The diagrams do not show the clamp or how to remove it.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks.
:beerchug:

Yeah, there's a nut on the back of the brake hose bracket, it's a 10mm or 12mm. There's enough room to fit a wrench(a ratcheting wrench if you have one)between the fender and the wheel. The hose will pop out of the bracket too.

Mine had a rivet, I just took mine off last night. I layed a terry cloth over the clamp and other side of the fender squeezed the fender a little and it pops right out.
Posted via Mobile Device

ok good to know thanks. I did feel a nut on the back of mine too. I'll give that a try.

I was gonna try the cloth method, but just seems you gotta squeeze the fender alot. Scared of breaking it.

Didn't know it was a genll. It may be better if there is a nut. I got so excited that I could answer a question instead of asking a question!
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah, there's a nut on the back of the brake hose bracket, it's a 10mm or 12mm. There's enough room to fit a wrench(a ratcheting wrench if you have one)between the fender and the wheel. The hose will pop out of the bracket too.

Yeah. what he said. 10 mm. I couldn't get the hose to pop out of the clamp so I had to unbolt it. And a ratchet wrench does make this a lot easier.

Got it off. Squeeze method is totally not the way to do it. 10mm wrench with the fender unbolted. I am never putting that back on again! Especially when you upgrade to braided lines, its useless anyways.

Back