A plenu with no hose connectors or clamps

ROTREXPOWER

Donating Member
Registered
A plenum with no hose connectors or clamps

I had this idea of fitting a plenum to the throttle bodies and doing away with the silicon hose/clamp set up that everyone uses and hates. I am working on a Gen 2 plenum first as its easier but we can do all years with a bit more head scratching. I will post up our CAD design tomorrow. I look forward to your comments. We will be selling at a reasonable price. We are even at looking at a Laminova charge cooler set up as well but at much more money, but it would probablybethe most efficient cooling system on the market when its done. :)

Last edited:
Very nice! You need your own supercharger sponsor section. Nice to see you are a sponsor now! :thumbsup:

Re: A plenum with no hose connectors or clamps

I had this idea of fitting a plenum to the throttle bodies and doing away with the silicon hose/clamp set up that everyone uses and hates. I am working on a Gen 2 plenum first as its easier but we can do all years with a bit more head scratching. I will post up our CAD design tomorrow. I look forward to your comments. We will be selling at a reasonable price. We are even at looking at a Laminova charge cooler set up as well but at much more money, but it would probablybethe most efficient cooling system on the market when its done. :)

Thanks for coming on board as a sponsor . . . . WELCOME!:cheerleader:

Hey Richard will this be a 2 piece plenum, with a push/screw on base with o ring style arrangement ?
Maybe two different tops one Busa and one B king .....just a thought

The plenum will be 2 piece, top and bottom, screwed together, totally smooth inside, a set of top mounted injectors and fuel rail as an option. I think it will fit the B King as well. Strapping points at either side and the back, air entry underneath, possibly a built in blow off valve (working on that one).

Well here it is.
No silicon hoses
No clamps
built in blow off valve
built in top mounts for injectors.
Alternate top with no injector mounts will be available.
For 08 on only at the moment.
We are cutting metal today.:)

new plen assy.jpg

Inside of the top case finished. Towers are to hold the top mounted injectors. I think we can get it finished by Tuesday.

DSC02084.JPG

DSC02085.JPG

DSC02086.JPG

DSC02087.JPG

Great looking plenum, and excellent machine work.
For the most part its extremely similar in design to the billet plenum we designed over 5 years ago and still use today. Ours also have similar injector bosses or are available without them as well. Although we use silicone couplers to connect to the throttle bodies.
We also incorporated an intercooler in our design, and you can access all 4 spark plugs. As for you incorporating a laminova cooler and claiming it will be the most efficient cooling system on the market, I will challenge that, we have been doing this a long time now and already use the best and most efficient parts possible. The core we currently use is good for over 35 psi, at 65 lbs/min of airflow with only a 1% pressure drop across the core. This setup is what Bill Warner uses on his world record setting land speed bike, and what a lot of Prostreet racers use now as well. Now we are working on a billet plenum with a core that will support 1000hp,

Your plenum does look great, keep up the good work.

Richard

Hi Richard. I think that any ic under the tank will be compromised by size, running co2 through it for top speeds etc would work great for the limited time. If you look at my car designs you will see I have a lot of kits out there and even in a car sometimes I can't get an ic big enough. When on a busa we are looking at big bhp we will never get air cold enough with water or air. Even Sebs (NLR) twin fmic set up is to small for the power. We have to do the best we can in the space we have. Good luck with your stuff you certainly make some good power. regards another Richard. :)

Back