Suzuki begins notifying dealers of closings

doniton2

Registered
this sucks..

Publish Date: Mar 20, 2013

By Mary Slepicka – DealerNews

BREA, Calif. – Suzuki will be culling its U.S. dealer network after its Chapter 11 reorganization is finalized later this month, Dealernews has learned.

Dealers this week began receiving letters from American Suzuki Motor Corp. (ASMC) notifying them whether their franchise would be picked up by Suzuki Motor America Inc., which is the name of the reorganized company and designated the “purchaser†in the Chapter 11 filing.

“ASMC is assuming certain dealer agreements and other contracts and assigning them to Purchaser, while the majority of ASMC’s remaining contracts will be rejected,†states the letter, which was obtained by Dealernews. Dealers whose contracts are not being renewed are being told that their franchise agreements will be rejected and they will no longer be authorized Suzuki dealers as of March 31.

Cancelled dealers have until March 27 to file an “Other Settling Creditor Claim†to receive $10,000 in compensation. Suzuki also stated it will repurchase cancelled dealers’ new motorcycle and ATV inventory, plus parts and accessories.

http://blog.cyclenutz.com/2013/03/su...s-of-closings/

Suzuki begins notifying dealers of closings | Cyclenutz

^ that was my impression when i read that article in cycle world a couple of months ago.

So, once again, we've been lied to. This was supposed to only affect the Suzuki Auto dealerships, by all initial reports of the bankruptcy. :banghead:

i have noticed that few dealerships in my area start carrying other brands like kawasaki and yamaha in addition to suzuki.. i am wondering this has to do with suzuki's situation..??? this way they can stay in business..

Both the Suzuki dealerships around here carry other brands. Be interesting to see if one (or both) of them are dropped.

There are a few of them around Milwaukee that I'm not gonna miss..

How did they get in this situation? I mean their cars always sucked but the bikes, quads, and dirt bikes have always been top notch and popular 4 as long as I can remember???

It sucks, but perhaps it will be a good thing when its done. I don't know the details but maybe the re organization process will dump the debt and get the brand going again. As bigand as strong as they are, it seems the management may have mucked it up.

this sucks..

Publish Date: Mar 20, 2013

By Mary Slepicka – DealerNews

BREA, Calif. – Suzuki will be culling its U.S. dealer network after its Chapter 11 reorganization is finalized later this month, Dealernews has learned.

Dealers this week began receiving letters from American Suzuki Motor Corp. (ASMC) notifying them whether their franchise would be picked up by Suzuki Motor America Inc., which is the name of the reorganized company and designated the “purchaser” in the Chapter 11 filing.

“ASMC is assuming certain dealer agreements and other contracts and assigning them to Purchaser, while the majority of ASMC’s remaining contracts will be rejected,” states the letter, which was obtained by Dealernews. Dealers whose contracts are not being renewed are being told that their franchise agreements will be rejected and they will no longer be authorized Suzuki dealers as of March 31.

Cancelled dealers have until March 27 to file an “Other Settling Creditor Claim” to receive $10,000 in compensation. Suzuki also stated it will repurchase cancelled dealers’ new motorcycle and ATV inventory, plus parts and accessories.

http://blog.cyclenutz.com/2013/03/su...s-of-closings/

Suzuki begins notifying dealers of closings | Cyclenutz

Back