Suspension tuning made easy. See inside!

Tufbusa

Track Coach / TufPoodle Coach
Registered
Suspensiondvds.jpg

Website: SportbikeWrench.com - Motorcycle Performance Parts, Professional Advice, and HowTo Videos
Discount code (15%): tufbusa

I purchased these videos by Dave Moss and found them to be full of great info on how suspension works, how to read tires, what each knob does and how the adjustment affects how your bike behaves.

Dave Moss is a very well respected suspension tuner who travels this country some 260 days per year tuning around 3,500 bikes annually. I have attended Dave's seminars and the man has a magical touch when it comes to suspension.

If you are truely interested in learning how your suspension works, how to set your sag, compression damping, rebound damping, read tires and learn how your suspension affects them, this may be the best forty bucks you'll spend this year.

Did you know that a tight chain can increase tire wear up to 40%?
Do you know how to tell if your front tire is plowing during corner entry?
Dave explains these things.

Dave also has cameras set up on both front and rear suspension showing how the suspension reacts to different suspension settings during hot laps around the track (Priceless)

My favorite section is on "How to read tires"!

No matter how well schooled you are on suspension, you cannot watch these dvd's without learning something!

If you decide to make the plunge feel free to use my discount code.

Last edited:
Mine shipped yesterday... I think I was first in line :) woohoo!!

This email has been sent to inform you that your order, #260, has been updated to a status of Shipped.

where's the bootleg :laugh: j/k

We are not a community of thieves here. Dave has put time and capital into making this an affordable instructional program sharing his many years of expertise for all of us. Please don't consider stealing from him! :beerchug:

more than happy to share from the luxury of my media room... :rofl: pull up a chair, pop a cold one and we will pick fun at liberals... (then we will work on motorcycles..) :)

Thanks for the post! I need to get my suspenion set for me. I may have to get fork internals and a new spring for the rear. I am a big boy. :thumbsup:

Hmm, I might ought to get the DVDs too. Got my fork sag set but still need to do the rear sag, and the clickers are just a guess. Gonna be hitting the track days this summer, so it would probably be a good thing to have the bike set up as right as possible.
Thanks Tuf!:thumbsup:

Hmm, I might ought to get the DVDs too. Got my fork sag set but still need to do the rear sag, and the clickers are just a guess. Gonna be hitting the track days this summer, so it would probably be a good thing to have the bike set up as right as possible.
Thanks Tuf!:thumbsup:
you might want to check with your track locals and get someone to do the baseline setups... odds are good that there is a shop or vendor at your track that does this stuff... they will know the track, the bike and a good place to start you out at...

you STILL need to understand what is going on so you can fine tune but I spent $60 getting my baselines setup and it was money very well spent... probably saved me 3 or 4 track days of fooling around trying to get close.. now I just "tweak"...

I might point out, there is no "One size fits all" suspension set up. As Bogus points out, when you have a suspension vendor at the track set your bike up, he is giving you a base line (Reference Point) to start at. From there it's up to you to twiddle the knobs to fine tune your personal preferences.

Some like it stiff, some like it soft and some like it inbetween. One thing I can assure you, once you are satisfied you will fall in love with your suspension. Dave will show you how to set things up to your satisfaction. After you watch the dvd's a few times, you will have much more confidence in twiddling your knobs :whistle:

Having a better understanding of your suspension, what and how it works, is a huge asset in advancing one's riding skills and building confidence!

Last edited:
you might want to check with your track locals and get someone to do the baseline setups... odds are good that there is a shop or vendor at your track that does this stuff... they will know the track, the bike and a good place to start you out at...

you STILL need to understand what is going on so you can fine tune but I spent $60 getting my baselines setup and it was money very well spent... probably saved me 3 or 4 track days of fooling around trying to get close.. now I just "tweak"...

I'll for sure ask around when I get there (Hallet Okla.).
I'm going to be riding the Busa though, so actual suspension info may be hard to come by. But, I know/ride with (on the street), several guys that are Hallet regulars, so maybe they can steer me in somewhat of the right direction.

By the way, just ordered the videos. This is going to be fun.:thumbsup:

Well depending on my schedule, I might just make a hallet run... (long way for me but if I can make it part of another trip) :)

I can say i went from a lot of trepidation and fighting the bike before the baselines were set by pro's, to riding a well oiled sled (yea they are pretty heavy)... The difference was a tense edgy entrance to a mostly stable but safe exit..

after the fix... I went to a confident "hard on the brakes and pitching" the bike in and a full throttle drift out of the corners... Maybe lap times are only a few seconds different but the feeling is a world apart..

Making the bike take a set on the corner entrance and hard on the gas on the exit is a ball... I think the difference is "feeling" that "set"...

I got a long ways to go for sure but it sure is fun... can not wait for a purpose built track bike myself...

Thanks SteveO for the deal on the dvd's :)

Last edited:
Well depending on my schedule, I might just make a hallet run... (long way for me but if I can make it part of another trip) :)

I can say i went from a lot of trepidation and fighting the bike before the baselines were set by pro's, to riding a well oiled sled (yea they are pretty heavy)... The difference was a tense edgy entrance to a mostly stable but safe exit..

after the fix... I went to a confident "hard on the brakes and pitching" the bike in and a full throttle drift out of the corners... Maybe lap times are only a few seconds different but the feeling is a world apart..

Making the bike take a set on the corner entrance and hard on the gas on the exit is a ball... I think the difference is "feeling" that "set"...

I got a long ways to go for sure but it sure is fun... can not wait for a purpose built track bike myself...

Thanks SteveO for the deal on the dvd's :)
If it will be prior to the end of March, I may be up for it as well. Let me know your dates and I may be bringing my toy hauler out to the track.

If it will be prior to the end of March, I may be up for it as well. Let me know your dates and I may be bringing my toy hauler out to the track.
man that would be fun... like to see you get your "fast" on in a good place... I have dates just out side Indy, Leeds AL, Elkhart Lake WI and still working on Mid Ohio..

Check NESBA for Putnam Dates, Sportbike track time for Barber and then Nesba for for Road America..

See if any of those dates work..

2010 Track Dates

(track days with organization)

Back