suspension setup for stock wheelbase

RILEYDSKING

Registered
trying to find some help for my bike..i'm 160 lbs suited. i have lowering links-fully lowered,the front is 1 1/4 down and i have a strap.

what should the comp/reb settings be? spring preload front and rear? how far should i pull the strap?

thanks very much for any imput!!!

I would start with:
Rear Rebound damping, full hard
Rear Compression damping, a bit less than half hard
Rear Compression preload, 1.75" sag hight with you on bike.
Front settings...you aren't going to spend much time on the front tire.:whistle:

Ive talked to alot of riders, some like it set hard, others soft. I would say just test and tune, go soft if it doesnt work for you go the other way. Make the bike comfortable for you not what others think is good. That is what i have dont and its work very well and im not very knowledged about setting up the suspensions. I tried it stiffer and didnt like it, went very soft and is great for me and consistent now. I am basically same set up and with very little practice its consistent 1.49-1.51 60s on stock wheel base.:beerchug:

thanks! it was hard,i loosened it up a little today with the reb on full. seemed a little better on the street. wanted to carry the front instead of spinning. going to track next weekend to try.

should i run with no seat?

I havent gone with no seat yet, wanted to try it but always forgot. Give it a try see how it works. Thats the problem once the spin is gone the front wont see the ground to much, now you will have to find the sweet spot with the clutch on the launch !:thumbsup:

Back