1.5s on a stock wheelbase

I DONT HAVE TELL PEOPLE ON LINE HOW GOOD I AM.
My gold card 2nd in 3 years speaks 4 its self.For record I had no delay box on the first one.You guys can continue patting your backs+pounding your chests.
brown admitts didnt win a dime all year.Congrats on the awesome season man.:thumbsup::beerchug::rofl:

I didnt win a dime either. went rounds, but never worried about the money. it's still a passion, and fun for me.:beerchug: just an excuse to meet new people, hang out, let it all hang out and do what I love.

i'm with mr.brown. how can you brag about a 6.20 bike thats a stock busa with a bar and slick. my granny can pull those numbers. may she rest in peace:laugh:

I didnt win a dime either. went rounds, but never worried about the money. it's still a passion, and fun for me.:beerchug: just an excuse to meet new people, hang out, let it all hang out and do what I love.
He don't get it. Never will. He's the best racer ever, in the history of racing....:rofl::rofl::cheerleader:

OH yea , and bracket racing sucks, delay boxes suck even more. if you aint fast enuff to line up heads up then stay your punk a$$ on the trailor! how you gonna talk smack about being mr. big shot drag racer and then ask some one to spot you on the tree? BRACKET RACING SUCKS! hell i could run you:moon: with my stock 4 banger pinto and beat in a bracket race! BRACKET RACING SUCKS OUT LOUD!

quite the cat fight here... I have been drag racing longer than a lot of guys have been on the planet and there are a few things I have learned:

I can not draw a line between "street" racers and track racers and I never will...

Street racers are not usually near as quick as they think they are... Over the years, I have been involved in a number of drives to bring "street racers" to the track.. almost without fail, they get a boat load of "humble pie" They suck at the line (well at first anyway) and they are usually no where close to qualifying at a heads up event..
Will not even go into the "intelligence" of street racing.. :stoopid:

Real track racing:

Bracket racing: it does suck but it is VERY important to the sport.. Some of the VERY BEST racers I have ever met are "bracket racers" (Emmons brothers come to mind)

The upside is that most every guy that rolls to the line is on equal footing with the guy next to him.. (nature of the class) this tends to bring the best performers to the quarter/semi/finals.. Just because a guy does not have an unlimited budget, does not relegate him to the trailer after the first round...

Downside? the electronics... If I had my way? they would be outright banned.. (Sponsors will never let that happen, they make wayyyy to much money from this crap) Did I mention I hate computers in racing?

HEADS UP racing: ROCKS!! This type of racing brings the mechanical talent to the top and usually the best drivers.. However it also brings the guys with the largest pockets.. More money, more power, more speed (to a point).. Then the talent factor comes in to play.. In the pro ranks? $$ counts as much as talent, I can buy anything I need to win..

Worlds quickest rides live here.... PERIOD...

DOWNSIDE: $$$.... for all of our years of running Nitro Funny, we never made final round at an National Event.. just no way to compete against teams with a $30,000 + PER RUN budget.. Really, that was our season budget some years.. they spend it every time the roll to the starting line.. The day some pro decides he wants the AA/Fuel Altered record? our record dies.. :*(

Drag racing is a tough sport mentally... lots of time to think about stuff and very little margin for error on the starting line..
I sort of like the chest pounding part... but if you are going to do that? you better be ready to roll to the line and back up any claims... Someone IS going to call you out.. Love it!!

Overall? I think bracket racers are a bit more honed on the starting line.. (absolutely more consistent) Are they the fast guys? no...

but when you can go 1320' and tell me within a few thousandths how quick you are going to cover that ground? Guys, that is a mechanical miracle.. :) We could call it to the tenths on a VERY good night but it was about 10% luck to even get a full pass in..

Last edited:
I hear that M.B my last 2 races had several dead on the dial in runs.
I dont like electronics ether I won a points championship in 07 with just shifter+pipe.
however in 08 fell to 4th place points finish racing mostly sliderclutch delaybox bikes.
I decided this year gotta fight fire with fire.this was my 1st year running a delaybox +won points championship again.As far as saying what sucks + what dont in aftermarket parts guess if its the riders $$$ up 2 him what he buys.

I started bracket racing in 1981 some the guys I raced this year were not on this planet then.Damm im old:hehe:
Gotta love the internet were else can a kid that never won a dime or a race tell a 2 time track champ they suck.I love it.:rofl:
I raced this gentelman all year old school racer like me.I hate admit it but if his job had not caused him miss last month I may have finished second.Every time I RACED HIM ALL YEAR HIS REACTION WAS UNDER .030 SEVERAL TIMES UNDER .020 HE RUNS 5.50 ALMOST EVERY SHOT IF OFF ONLY BY COUPLE HUNDRETHS.MTC BICK BLOCK+ MTC SLIDER CLUTCH DELAYBOX NO SPRAY.

jju2qp.jpg

Great post:beerchug:

quite the cat fight here... I have been drag racing longer than a lot of guys have been on the planet and there are a few things I have learned:

I can not draw a line between "street" racers and track racers and I never will...

Street racers are not usually near as quick as they think they are... Over the years, I have been involved in a number of drives to bring "street racers" to the track.. almost without fail, they get a boat load of "humble pie" They suck at the line (well at first anyway) and they are usually no where close to qualifying at a heads up event..
Will not even go into the "intelligence" of street racing.. :stoopid:

Real track racing:

Bracket racing: it does suck but it is VERY important to the sport.. Some of the VERY BEST racers I have ever met are "bracket racers" (Emmons brothers come to mind)

The upside is that most every guy that rolls to the line is on equal footing with the guy next to him.. (nature of the class) this tends to bring the best performers to the quarter/semi/finals.. Just because a guy does not have an unlimited budget, does not relegate him to the trailer after the first round...

Downside? the electronics... If I had my way? they would be outright banned.. (Sponsors will never let that happen, they make wayyyy to much money from this crap) Did I mention I hate computers in racing?

HEADS UP racing: ROCKS!! This type of racing brings the mechanical talent to the top and usually the best drivers.. However it also brings the guys with the largest pockets.. More money, more power, more speed (to a point).. Then the talent factor comes in to play.. In the pro ranks? $$ counts as much as talent, I can buy anything I need to win..

Worlds quickest rides live here.... PERIOD...

DOWNSIDE: $$$.... for all of our years of running Nitro Funny, we never made final round at an National Event.. just no way to compete against teams with a $30,000 + PER RUN budget.. Really, that was our season budget some years.. they spend it every time the roll to the starting line.. The day some pro decides he wants the AA/Fuel Altered record? our record dies.. :*(

Drag racing is a tough sport mentally... lots of time to think about stuff and very little margin for error on the starting line..
I sort of like the chest pounding part... but if you are going to do that? you better be ready to roll to the line and back up any claims... Someone IS going to call you out.. Love it!!

Overall? I think bracket racers are a bit more honed on the starting line.. (absolutely more consistent) Are they the fast guys? no...

but when you can go 1320' and tell me within a few thousandths how quick you are going to cover that ground? Guys, that is a mechanical miracle.. :) We could call it to the tenths on a VERY good night but it was about 10% luck to even get a full pass in..

No cat fight at all. I agree with all you said Bogus, and enjoy heads up racing. I have said it a thousand times, not taking anything away from bracket racers, it just doesn't appeal to me. My issue is with Billy, (nightflight) he talks smack about my times being slow, when even with all the electronics he uses, he can't do better....
Way I learned racing, you don't talk sh!t about people you can't beat, especially when you are scared to even line up against them. That makes you a coward. I have repeatedly offered to race him heads up, pro tree, run what you brung, and even though we only live an hour apart, (hell I work at a strip, it can be open anytime) his only response is to keep saying how many bracket races he has won.....
Punk.:rofl:

you said you were coming over then chickend out.im prob 50lbs heaver than you+just as fast.
I dont have a problem with you we got lot guys like you @ my track like that 14 i posted runs low 6 high 5 guys like him+you pay 4 my mods i like guys that never win
easy $$$

I'm 6'6 and 260 in street clothes Billy. If you weigh 50 more than me you are 8 feet tall....
Never chickened out of a race in my life, I ain't scared to take a beating, but I will bet whatever you want form a cheeseburger to a stack that YOU can't beat me...
Told you already I'm not interested in bracket racing a robot bike, and since you claim you can't remove your electronics, heads up pro tree will even it up.
Post up where and when so everyone can come watch......

Back