Summer End North US ride

MJN, id like to see you plan a long ride like that next year.
smile.gif
 Though id like to go south towards Oregon, Nevada and CA.
That'll be next spring of fall.  I'll keep you posted.
Oh are you going to come with us next year?
I was already planning on a ride that way. Want some more company?

Heck yeah your welcome to join, why didnt you come this year?

MJN sets it up so keep an eye out for the thread when ever he starts it.

I dont know where we will be going though... MJN will let us know.

MJN, id like to see you plan a long ride like that next year.
smile.gif
 Though id like to go south towards Oregon, Nevada and CA.
That'll be next spring of fall.  I'll keep you posted.
Oh are you going to come with us next year?
I was already planning on a ride that way.  Want some more company?
Hell yea man! It'll probably be late June or July timeframe....right now I'm lookin at a route that will take us from fossil, SW toward Prineville, then east all the way across to Baker, up thru halfway, around to Joseph, Enterprise, over the hill thru Tolgate to Milton-Freewater and back to the Tri-Cities....
havent checked the exact mileage...not sure if we'll take one eve + 2 days or eve + 3 days....we'll nail it down as time gets closer.
There are some killer roads on our route...we're gonna do our best to hit as many as possible..

I hear the cops are bad in parts of Oregon...be sure and pick the right areas to ride MJN.

dam dude...I wish I knew how to post amap like that.....How do you do that?

by the way, if you are gonna come with us next yr....leave the oregon part alone....that way our ride will be all new roads!

I plan on leaving the route just like that. I just need to work out my stops and sleeping arangements. Next year I'll plan on joining you. Keep me posted.

No problem bud..will do.

If you end up runnin' thru the tri-cities...let me know!

Otherwise, we'll see ya next season!

Cool! I'll pm ya my #

I went out to the shop tonite and did some prelim planning for next seasons ride......

Kinda lookin like it'll be about a 1,050 mile program..more than likey a 3 day deal. I like to have plenty of time to stop and relax...BV and I made the commitment to take some action pics this time...so the days are somethin like this; first eve from dry sh!tties to Fossil, 143 mi...quick blast down fri eve...
Sat, about 330 mi. Sun about 325 mi. Mon about 235 back to the tri-cities.
Should take in most of the really good twisties in north-central oregon....................
dam, gonna be tough waitin'! Oh well. It'll be worth the wait!

Anyone is welcome to join us. Only a few pre-qualifiers....No squids and only people that respect the group and use basic commom sense.
I'll keep ya posted.

Cool. I don't do squid rides. It take the fun out of it! The cops watch em like flies on a old piece of meat! I'm into speed, acceleration, and twisties! Everything Central oregon has to offer!

Ride update.

I'll be leaving on Sept 5th at 9AM to head North to Mt. Vernon, WA. The East to HWY 20. I will be camping nightly to keep the costs down. I did a mock packing on the Busa this week. If I tuck low nobody will see my from the back!
biggrin.gif
I'll have to get some space saver bags to protect and compress the clothes and sleeping bag. Next week I'll be packing the Busa for the trip. I'll post pics before I leave.

beerchug.gif

Just a tip man. Before you go, log on to activefires.com or activefiremaps.com. These sites can help you dodge areas that have big forest fires burning. Right now there are several in Wa, Oregon, Idaho and Mt. Can make for a lousy day riding thru heavy smoke.

Thanks mjn. Good tip. We have a few days of rain coming (if the weather report is close) that may help the firefighter out. Things should be alot better in September.

My annual "guys" camping trip is early sept, up near Elk City, Id. Right now the whole dang canyon is on fire....hope they get it put out soon!

This ride will be delayed until further notice, because of the crash. I'll post notice about this ride 2 to 3 months prior to it occuring, so others may be able to join me for a fantastic time!
biggrin.gif

Back