Summer End North US ride

TruWrecks

Banned
I posted this on the Geo page also, but the ride goes through more than just Washington State, so I though I'd let more people know about it on this thread.

Hey guys and gals (I'm happily married, so no funny stuff!).  I'm  doing a touring ride on the Busa from the 5th or 6th of September until the about the 18th of September.  I'll be starting in Everett.  I'll be heading up to Mt. Vermon then East to South Dakota.  The total trip will be about 3100mi. in 12 to 13 days.  I'll be camping most of it.  I'd like to hook up with a few more riders for the trip.  PM me if you want meet up for part or all of it.  I'm not done with all the details yet.  I'll post updates as I have them.

Here's the map:
Everett-SouthDakota.gif

Sounds fun but id have needed a huge notice for a long ride like that....like 4-5 months! lol

Come on people. I know some of you would just love to join for part of the ride! I'm avoiding the freeways so we get the most enjoyment out of it. Let me know if I'll be coming through your area, and I'll try to work it out to stop by and meet a few members.

beerchug.gif

I would love to, but alas funds are low, vacation is low, and notive is short. I would really like to meet some of you Washington cats anyway.....one day!
wink.gif

You will be coming throught my neck of the woods when you hit South Dakota. It would be great to meet ya for a ride (or a beer, depending on your schedule!)
beerchug.gif

Wish I could join ya! Been on quite a few of the roads you are taking....that will be a great ride!!!

Now that theres is a ride.

it is a bit of a short notice... but i might be able to pull it off. i will get back with you on this.

-E

WOW! Would have been awesome to time that with Sturgis Bike Rally. That should be a fun one, would like to go but just not possible. What an adventure to take!
smile.gif

Looks to me like you come into idaho near rexburg....continue on to stanley, lowman to banks....This is where I'll suggest a change in your route.
I'd go north on #55 to Mccall, then southwest on #95 to cambridge where you go west to hells canyon. You cross at oxbow dam, go into oregon, thru halfway to baker. From baker continue west all the way across to Fossil, then north.

That stretch from Ontario, or to burns looks interesting, never been on it. But I CAN tell ya that after Burns.....it is one desolate, boring stretch of pavement.
Stay farther north if ya can. Keeps you in much prettier country...probalbly a little cooler too.

Sorry bout the novel....just had to throw my .02 in!
biggrin.gif

The strech near Burns is for a little speed related fun
wink.gif
but I will look into the terrain a bit more before I finalize the ride.

MJN, id like to see you plan a long ride like that next year.
smile.gif
Though id like to go south towards Oregon, Nevada and CA.

I'm thinkin' we'll add at least one day onto next year....kinda hard for me to do much more than that....
I've got all the family vaca's as well...just not enough time!!!

The strech near Burns is for a little speed related fun
wink.gif
 but I will look into the terrain a bit more before I finalize the ride.
yea, i know....just watch for the osp....they keep an eye on that area for just that reason..
Yeah, I know. I'm not sure the Busa will do it's top speed with tourbags on it anyway. Maybe I'll go north a bit after all. I'll have to think about it.

Back