Stolen Busa Recovered... Need some advice?

I would buy back the bike. Anyone else thinking sand-rail?

Also about the tow fees. It seems to me you reported it stolen 2 years ago and tired to file a claim with the insurance company. You even have the police report and denied claim to prove it. I think this all adds up to you not being the owner of the bike. Talk to a lawyer but I wonder what kind of a case the tow company would have. It is not like you abandon a car, it was a STOLEN vehicle.

Well we got the bike today and the motor is still good on it so we are for sure gonna sell it as is... so my question is what would be a good asking price? And some are wanting to know the whole story so here goes..

Both mine (2009 GSXR 600) and my husbands (2008 Hayabusa) bike were stolen July 31, 2009 between 3 and 5a.m. from in front of the apartments we were staying at while rebuilding our house from a house fire. We purchased the busa in cash and put a down payment on the 600 and financed the rest. At the time of purchase we took out a policy with geico that was supposed to be full coverage on both bikes and paid the premiums up for 6 months. Well when we went to file the clam geico said that there was some clause about the insured address and that theft was not covered on our policy that it was a partial coverage policy whatever the hell that means and what we thought were premiums paid for 6 months on a full coverage policy they said was a years worth of premiums on a partial policy. All this occurred before we even got a chance to get our copy of the policy. So they then sent us a notice of policy termination followed by a check to refund premiums. So that was the story on the insurance minus the lawyers and the bickering back and forth...

UpDate on the current: Mr Williams supposedly bought the bike from his son and he did know that it WAS stolen property so they were going to question the son today and start searching all the Williams family property in hopes of finding the 600 that is still missing. The registration I pulled out of the bike led to another man from madison county Justan Cathey 26 who is supposedly in on alot of motorcycle thefts in this area. So this story has become HUGE where I am from! I was called to come in to the sheriff's department this morning about some information I had on the situation and walked in to a set up interview with the local news team who is running the story as local breaking news. Also Mr. Williams does have some property that he owns thats worth some $$ so the suite is gonna be a definite go according to our lawyer whom we spoke with today. So in all I at least feel like it may have taken 2 years but we are finally getting somewhere with the whole or-deal!

The pictures are of the crash site the first one is were he topped the hill and lost control and left the road hitting the ditch with the big rocks at 115mph+ (the odometer stuck at 115mph) the second shows the stretch of road from the hill. After hitting the ditch Mr. Williams hit the culvert at the end of ditch one and he was thrown off and found in the first ditch there the bike continued on and finally stopped at ditch number 3 about 1/2 way down it.

camera 003.jpg

camera 001.jpg

Wow! Glad you can finally see daylight after 2 years in the dark. Good luck with the lawyers, i hope you take them for everything they have. There is one thing we dont tolerate in this town, and its a horse thief!

The dad had a registration on the busa from another bike and did not know it was stolen ??? Not likely...Burn them...Sue for everything!!!

I just talked to the investigator this morning and Mr. Williams son is on probation so they are working with his probation officer now trying to catch him. And they are asking us to do another news story and put up a $500 reward for whoever turns over the other bike and the information of who stole it. So we are trying to decide if thats something we should do.

You shouldn't have to put up a reward. If the law catches up with what is apparently a ring of theives that would take the whole bunch off the street, why is it your responsibility (especially without the benefit of an insurance payout) to pay it? I'll be every other bike stolen in the county that has yet to be recovered, paid off by insurance, has a bigger dog in this hunt than you do.

P.S. Keep your powder dry; if there is a ring that this leads to, you might get threatened if the police get close....

Hard to believe dad bought the bike from sonny boy and he went through the otions to tag it/register it...i agree with the "ring" theory...they were all in on it.

Like skydvr said though...be careful out there...sucks you were put in this position.

I've had the insurance bait-and-switch routine pulled on me before too...the old "oooohhhh, you wanted this type of coverage??...sooooo sorry...this is the policy you've had all this time...and doesn't cover this/that.

If you love something, set it free, if it loves you, God starts killin off the bastards that took it until it comes back to you! :laugh:

Hope this turns around for you in the end.

The police department has decided to help with the reward so we have decided to go ahead with it and it will air on the news here at 5 and 10 tonight. And I thought about the threats so I am carrying a .38 special these days. Posted is a pic of the missing bike just a couple days before it was stolen.

camera 229.jpg

Atta Girl. If i remember you are ex-miltary, so I know you ain't skeered :thumbsup:

wow, he took crested that hill at 115 huh? died in a ditch you say??? when you flogg another man's bike, that's what happens:rofl:

Good luck with it all. I hope you're able to recup some of your losses. The insurance thing really bothers me.

I would go after the ins. company again. Don't know about where you live but here, the ins. companies are required to ask if the bike/car is financed. if you say yes, they have to quote for certian coverages. Also, did you have comp. coverage? I have never seen comp. coverage that didn't cover theft.

Horrible situation. My condolences. Everyone should learn from this and double check their coverages. Does this mean that if I goto say the Busa bash that I am not at the insured residence and if it gets stolen I am SOL?

Back