Recovered Bike!

brother i saw your post and as promised imdid find the lock set (tank, rear hump and ingition switch) sent me your name and addy and i will ship it tomorrow. sorry for the long wait but i been recovering from surgery and just could get to all the stuff i have store in the trailer
I just saw your message too, that's awesome thank you. PM'd you my address.

Thanks again man. Spent the morning doing some soldering and cleaning up. What is folks go to when it comes to grime removal, the bike is pretty gnarly after sitting in evidence impound. And also cleaning out the radiator fins.

Magic erasers are amazing I use on my wheels, rough plastic and frame. Radiators usually just washing is good but if really bad I would get condencer cleaner.

since my bike sit fro a long time( garage and covered) i still use simple green for the radiator fins once a year. comes out looking like knew. might want to give that a try

Look what showe'd up today! Hopefully the last step to getting the bike running. Thanks again riccoh!

20170221_185534.jpg

First thing tomorrow morning I was starting on the bike. I'm going to top the tank off and add some Sea Foam to the mix. The oil level is fine but I can't afford a full change out until next week. If all I'm doing is a startup test should it fine? Should I just wait until next week?

After fixing the fuel pump connection and putting the ignition wires in the right order things are good. Still runs a little rough and won't hold at idle, any suggestions?

After fixing the fuel pump connection and putting the ignition wires in the right order things are good. Still runs a little rough and won't hold at idle, any suggestions?
Not sure if you mentioned it on a previous post, but how old is the fuel in the tank? Maybe injector cleaner or sea foam would help?

Yeah I didn't even think about it until I saw the white smoke. There is no way for me to know how old the fuel is, what I can guess is that it wasn't taken care of very well. No telling how much moisture built up in the tank or collected in the fuel. I think some top tier gas and seafoam is in order for sure. That will have to wait until next weekend though. I'm uploading a few pictures I took of the new fairings to share.

So here's a few pics of the fairings, for the most part they looked good although I have my doubts about the longevity of the clearcoat quality.

20170225_141239.jpg

The fairings were noticeably lighter and seemed less flexible, no trimming was needed however. The tail section was a real pain though when it came to getting the brake light lined up.

20170225_141314.jpg

The fairings were noticeably lighter and seemed less flexible, no trimming was needed however. The tail section was a real pain though when it came to getting the brake light lined up.

View attachment 1571582
Issues like that is the reason I mentioned the other member that used blisstar to order his fairings. A little more than other kits, but from what I've seen, better quality. You are really close to riding again though and that's all that matters.

Back