Recovered Bike!

Yeah, I was trying to give them the benifit of the doubt since they are the Suzuki dealership but this was the last chance I'll give them. I searched some older posts on here and I am going to check the TPS and connections. Give them a good cleaning. I'm thinking the ecu isn't getting a signal and I can't see the sensor going bad at 20,000 miles.

Uhg, go to pick up the bike and it wont start, it will crank but wont fire. Unfortunately I didn't bring the socket to pull the spark plugs so I couldn't check that. Looked in dealer mode and no codes. Battery is new and charged, plugs were new prior to me driving the bike down there. They told me that all they did was start it and after that they couldn't keep it running. I don't know where to start.

So I checked the manual and it looks like there isn't a code if the fuel system is clogged but still trying to run. I'm also thinking that the 12 minute ride to the shop with a tank full of seafoam might have sent some crud down stream(I'm sure I used to much). I'm going to check the plugs and drain the fuel system tomorrow morning. Any insight or tips?

Wooohoo! All done! FYE, just because a little seafoam is good doesn't mean a lot is better. Don't hold back, I've got my flame suit on. My suspicions were confirmed. All that crud was washed down stream, clogging my injectors and fouling the plugs again. Honestly I never drained the tank in the first place and I should have. Pulled the tank, drained it and checked the pump while it was off. Pulled the fuel line and sprayed out the injectors for good measure, pulled and cleaned the plugs and checked for spark, all good. Buttoned her up, filled with fresh fuel, set the idle and tps. Bat out of hell mode is back in full effect! Enjoy your Sunday fellas, I'm not going home for at least one tank of gas.

20170402_122258.jpg

Back