Stock Pistons VS Aftermarket

My bike spent a majority of its life with stock pistons and rods and somewhere in the 330-340hp range. Rods are definite weak point, 350hp limit. The bike has seen a 2 long hot Texas summers with daily commuting, top end highway pulls, and several trips to the dyno this year. I do have an ultra plenum, and I'm on top of my tune. Even for the average person with an ultra plenum I would not advise pushing that far tho.

Sounds like my daily life with my Busa! Lol except I'm sitting at 250hp

I just ordered the rcc stage 1 turbo. I was told the stage 1 can run 400hp. I talked to Richard at rcc and told him I planned on running 300hp. He said to make my motor safe I should up grade my pistons and rods. He suggested wosser. My builder suggested upgrading valves and springs also so I did. I tried to over do my motor. I didn't want to be close to any max point. Last thing I wanted to do was be 8000 in on turbo ( kit,rods,piston,install spacer, air shifter) and have something internal go. So I went over kill also figured mise well upgrade internals just in case I ever wanted stage 2 or 3 turbo too :laugh:

I just ordered the rcc stage 1 turbo. I was told the stage 1 can run 400hp. I talked to Richard at rcc and told him I planned on running 300hp. He said to make my motor safe I should up grade my pistons and rods. He suggested wosser. My builder suggested upgrading valves and springs also so I did. I tried to over do my motor. I didn't want to be close to any max point. Last thing I wanted to do was be 8000 in on turbo ( kit,rods,piston,install spacer, air shifter) and have something internal go. So I went over kill also figured mise well upgrade internals just in case I ever wanted stage 2 or 3 turbo too :laugh:

I agree. Ima do all that over the winter

Not trying to thread jack but will aftermarket pistons such as JE make any difference performance wise vs stock pistons even if you aren't running a turbo?

Yes stock rods are good to 300 hp, stock pistons are good to 400 hp, but if it were me, only tear into the engine once and build it right. Really depends on your goals.

Back