steering dampener

well i got the dampener of put 80/ 90 gear oil in , took me an hour to get the middle bolt startrd in the hole , but the stud on the post won't tightn up , just keeps spinning, i know when i took it off that it was tight as hell, whats up with that, that stud post had a retangle hole, is there any way i could have lost a part , cause it looks like there needs to be someting to hold tha post in the grove.............i'am no mech. thats for sure

Rockober, two things......1) mine was hard to break free as well, when replacing nut: finger pushing down from top when tightening, good dose of lock tite, and push in codder key installed on shaft are the things I did when replacing. 2) HAVE YOU BEEN READING YOUR STRAND ABOUT THE IMPORTANCE OF SPELLING DAMPER? lol

Raydog

Hey Cookie, my spirits will not be dampened with the installation of the dam damping damper, it's getting damp outside.

(raydog @ Jul. 12 2007,13:12) Hey Cookie, my spirits will not be dampened with the installation of the dam damping damper, it's getting damp outside.
Damp it, Ray, ,, you're killing me here!
biggrin.gif
iamwithstupid.gif

Don't get your drawers all wet in a wad over this! You could be thrown under the bus and called a teacher of all names!
laugh.gif

Cookie, just get down here and ride with us...didn't you say you were looking at relocation? (I'm not going to say, "isn't it too damp up there?"). Seriously, for your business or something? (sorry for thread jack)

And Roctober.....what pictures? Raydog

Back