STOCK OR OLINS STEERING DAMPENERS

MET

The Watcher
Registered
Hey gang. I am lookiing at putting on a new steering dampener on the Green Dragon for some high speed runs.

Any of you guys or gals want to part with a dampener from 04 or 05 that has not been bent from the accident. I am looking for a great price or<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>FREE</span> . Hey I am out of work what can I say! I will also consider any top nut dampeners for a good price for sale.

P.S.

Oh I will also take any Olins that any Sponsor would consider sending. Of course I will put a sticker on the Green Dragon representing the Sponsor.

Thanks
<span style='color:green'><span style='font-family:papyrus'><span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>Ninja Eater</span></span></span>

<!--EDIT|Ninja Eater
Reason for Edit: None given...|1123433348 -->

i cant help ya either mate,but if ya get 1 i would really recomend getting ohlins ninja,alot of people here in uk have got them on all sorts of bikes and i have not yet heard any bad complaints on them.from what i can gather they are or maybe 1 of the best you can get.
hope all works out for ya mate.
beerchug.gif

Can't help you with this, but heres one on Ebay for $16 + $8 shipping...
<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SUZUKI-HAYABUSA-GSXR1300-STEERING-DAMPER_W0QQitemZ4567143839QQcategoryZ35592QQssPageNameZW
DVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem" target="_blank">2004 Steering Damper</a>

any particular reason why it has to be from an 04 or 05, NE?
Looking for one with little miles on it to replace mine. I will take the old one off, because I need it stiffer.

So any year is Ok as long as it is not bent and has low mileage.

<!--EDIT|Ninja Eater
Reason for Edit: None given...|1123530673 -->

Can't help you with this, but heres one on Ebay for $16 + $8 shipping...
<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SUZUKI-HAYABUSA-GSXR1300-STEERING-DAMPER_W0QQitemZ4567143839QQcategoryZ35592QQssPageNameZW

DVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem" target="_blank">2004 Steering Damper</a>
One on e-bay looks bent?? was hoping to get from someone I know first. Thanks for the lead though.

Looking for one with little miles on it to replace mine.  I will take the old one off, because I need it stiffer.

Ooooh...now I see! Thanks, NE...didn't think of that one. Oops...

Hrmm...the only dampener I got is the one from Busafever's 99. Not wrecked, in good shape. I think it has less than 15K miles on it.

Is that too much mileage for you?

Looking for one with little miles on it to replace mine. I will take the old one off, because I need it stiffer.

Ooooh...now I see! Thanks, NE...didn't think of that one. Oops...

Hrmm...the only dampener I got is the one from Busafever's 99. Not wrecked, in good shape. I think it has less than 15K miles on it.

Is that too much mileage for you?
Aren't you going to be using it as you put your bike back together?

If you need it, Mike, it's yours.
biggrin.gif
Just say the word...

<!--EDIT|PACIFICBUSA
Reason for Edit: None given...|1123546706 -->

Hey, NE, did you consider replacing stock oil in the damper with heavier one, like 80 or 90? I just replace oil in mine with 80w90 synthetic gear oil. Expected to feel heavy, but it doesn't feel much different than stock. I didn't ride it yet (still putting bike together after the crash) except in the garage at like 10 - 15 mph, but turning handlebars lock to lock quickly doesn't seem to be dificult.

If you need it, Mike, it's yours.
biggrin.gif
Just say the word...
Thanks put we are trying to get you back on your bike....Yes??
yes, but it's alright. Your bike is in alot better condition than mine though....and you're gonna need a better dampener for those high-speed runs.

If you'd like, you can always send me the one on your bike. I'm not gonna be making any high-speed runs, so I think I'll be alright with the one you have. If we did this, would you feel more inclined to accept my offer?
smile.gif

Really though....I would just like to help you out, NE. I'm sure that karma will take care of me later on down the road.

No worries, my bro...all you need to do is let me know.
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Back