SRP Stage 1 Build - GHOSTRIDER

Loosen the V-band and rotate that gate counter-clockwise to bring that fitting close to the motor, and point that fitting 180 degrees the other way (so it is pointing "out" towards the fairing, and slightly down after the gate is rotated).
That will do it . . .:beerchug:

That is not a V-band wastegate 38mm 2 bolt flange....

But you can unbolt the cap depending on what springs you have in there be carefull, Then you rotate the cap hat to point the fitting a lil different...:thumbsup:

You need to remove the top, then under the diaphram is a nut with a small set screw, you need to loosen the set screw, then loosen the nut, rotate the lower housing to where the banjo bolt and fitting do not interfere with anything, then tighten the nut back up, then the set screw, and carefully reassemble the top of the gate taking care not to pinch the diaphram.

RCC Kits have this already done prior to shipping the kit so the customer does not have to mess with the gate.

Richard

You need to remove the top, then under the diaphram is a nut with a small set screw, you need to loosen the set screw, then loosen the nut, rotate the lower housing to where the banjo bolt and fitting do not interfere with anything, then tighten the nut back up, then the set screw, and carefully reassemble the top of the gate taking care not to pinch the diaphram.

RCC Kits have this already done prior to shipping the kit so the customer does not have to mess with the gate.

Richard

Yea, sorry - little brain fart in the morning, thanks Richard. Just something else you can add to the list - if you would have gotten the wastegate from RCC, it would have come properly clocked . . :banghead:

Last edited:
Wow, example #156 on why not to purchase a kit from people that don't give a rip about your build.

At least there is a smile to illustrate how I feel about all this :banghead:

I know it is said over n over on every fourm but RICH at RCC can not be compaired to any one hands down he is the man in many ways....

Wow, example #156 on why not to purchase a kit from people that don't give a rip about your build.

At least there is a smile to illustrate how I feel about all this :banghead:

Been ther done that with steadmen, but it's a bad kit once you get it finished. I put 5k HARD miles on mine, and never had one issue. Gotta watch out tho, this kit likes to make about 270hp on stock compression motors, I've seen it happen on 4 bikes already, kinda pushing it. Mine with a spacer still made 247.

Last edited by a moderator:
Been ther done that with steadmen, but it's a bad kit once you get it finished. I put 5k HARD miles on mine, and never had one issue. Gotta watch out tho, this kit likes to make about 270hp on stock compression motors, I've seen it happen on 4 bikes already, kinda pushing it. Mine with a spacer still made 247.

Howdy bigun,good to see you wander on over.:thumbsup:

Murderedout07 is right I too have the same kit, and I too had a few bugs to work out at first but once I got it all together I couldn't complain about the performance at all. Jay Stedman himself flashed my ecm and I took the kit home and put the kit on and took it back to him and the tune was fine so we just up the boost a little bit and I've been :laugh: every since.:beerchug:

Yea, no update as of yet. Just got back from a Disney vacation for my 5 year old little girl. It's been pretty cold out lately and have been workin some overtime at work (12 hr. nights). I'll post up again as soon as I get a little more on her. Planning to get back at it over the holiday seeing as I'll be home and we don't have any family in town. Get back to you guys soon.

On another note - I had ordered a set of HEL brake lines from a sponsor here on this site back in October. The guys name is StreetnTrack. I paid him $140 for dual front lines, a clutch line, and an extended rear line. The guy won't get back to me when I e-mail him and now he won't even respond to my PM's. He gave me some story about his shipment being stuck in customs back in the middle of November. He told me not to worry that it had just been released and it would be their first priority to ship out the lines the very next day...... That was over a month ago. If any of you guys are planning on doing business with this guy I would suggest otherwise. I would like to contact someone here to let them know what has happened and see about what can be done about this. I'm pretty sure I'm F&#K$*, so nothing to do but spread the good word I guess. :whistle:

Last edited:
that sucks...pm cap and see if he has time to get to the bottom of it for you. That is horse crap

contact captain and let him know, he can get ahold of our sponsor a little better sometimes, ive dealt with him before, didnt have any issues, everyone screws up once and a while hopefully its a mistake and he can make it right.

Yea, no update as of yet. Just got back from a Disney vacation for my 5 year old little girl. It's been pretty cold out lately and have been workin some overtime at work (12 hr. nights). I'll post up again as soon as I get a little more on her. Planning to get back at it over the holiday seeing as I'll be home and we don't have any family in town. Get back to you guys soon.

On another note - I had ordered a set of HEL brake lines from a sponsor here on this site back in October. The guys name is StreetnTrack. I paid him $140 for dual front lines, a clutch line, and an extended rear line. The guy won't get back to me when I e-mail him and now he won't even respond to my PM's. He gave me some story about his shipment being stuck in customs back in the middle of November. He told me not to worry that it had just been released and it would be their first priority to ship out the lines the very next day...... That was over a month ago. If any of you guys are planning on doing business with this guy I would suggest otherwise. I would like to contact someone here to let them know what has happened and see about what can be done about this. I'm pretty sure I'm F&#K$*, so nothing to do but spread the good word I guess. :whistle:

So I took the radiator, dump pipes, and turbo off the bike this weekend. After hearing about some of the boost creep problems on the forum with the SRP kits and doing a little talking to Frank at Powerhouse, I've decided to send the exhaust side off to Frank for porting before getting everything running. It should be cheaper to do it now than later when the bike is on the dyno and all the fluids are in it.

Here are some before pics of the exhaust side. It looks like there has been some grinding done but I'm not experienced enough to tell whats been done or if enough has been taken out if any at all.

I'll leave it up to you guys to give your expert opinions about how much material needs to be taken out for it to run properly. This should just be one more example of why to go with the RCC kit from the start. I have been told that Richard makes sure this is complete before sending it off to the customer. Should've bought the other kit!! :duh:

DSC01330.jpg

DSC01331.jpg

DSC01336.jpg

DSC01337.jpg

Oh, an update on my brake lines from StreetnTrack. My PayPal dispute went all the way up until the last day before they were to refund me my money because StreetnTrack had not responded at all to the dispute. On the very last day he posts up on PayPal the tracking number. ??? I received the package FINALLY at the beginning of January, almost 3 months after I ordered them.

I open the box and there are only 3 lines in it. :banghead: The receipt in the box says 4 lines but never the less, I only get 3. I guess when it rains it pours. I PM the guy and he is very polite and apologizes for the package being incorrect and tells me he will check on the other line and get back to me. :rofl::rofl::rofl: I'll give you one guess as to when he contacted me again, no, well, I'm still waiting........

So, I contacted PayPal and switched my dispute to, Items Not as Described. PayPal contacted me a couple days later and told me to ship the package back to them for a refund.

I shipped the package back the other day and am waiting for them to get confirmation of the delivery. I can only imagine how this may go when they find out. :whistle: Since I was at it I went ahead and contacted the BBB, not for spite, but because I am sick and tired of being ignored by people I send my hard earned money to. If I send you money for something, anything, I would hope that you would extend me the same courtesy that I would show you if the tables were turned. How hard is it to send someone an e-mail. I don't know what kind of business this guy runs. From what Cap says he is a very trusted sponsor. I guess that I am the 1 in every 100 that gets ignored for some reason or another. All I can say is it's getting pretty frustrating :banghead:!!!!

Back