Sorry Sarah I love you but I cant stop laughing !

"The fact that we have reached a point where the Federal Reserve felt it had to take this unprecedented step with the American Insurance Group is the final verdict on the failed economic philosophy of the last eight years." Barry Obama

Who is this American Insurance Group he is speaking of?

AIG.... American International Group, often called by the name American insurance Group or AIGDirect to help distinguish the it from the parent body AIG financial, which was not part of the scandal...

AIG proper didnt suffer the major problems AIG insurance did...

it was AIG Insurance which lost its AA credit rating, causing lendors to pull the plug on it... which made for the issue where they didnt have enough liquid assests to pay back lendors, causing the money problems....

So, saying American Insurance Group when refering to AIG, is at best the usage of a common name, at worst a slip up since he was still trying to speak about the American International Group Insurance part...

but your right.... he did technically speak incorrectly, i guess.....

and transparency in govt.... considering he reinstated the ability for us citizens to use the freedom of information act that the Bush years had totally shut down, combined with efforts to actually document and put online on to the WWW the spending various plans are doing.... i would say yeah, the govt is MORE (though not totally) transparent than it has been in the last 8 years...

Last edited:
GW bush was an alcholic and had problems with the nose candy for the early part of his life, this is no secret, and a matter of public record...However, he was a bush, so it was swept as well as it could be under the rug...
The alcoholism was documented, the nose candy...not so much. It would be only fair if you admitted as much.

he didnt graduate from yale because of his grades or intellegence, it was because he was a bush... simple.. and that gave him his grades... he then got his MBA (whoopy) from harvard business under similar pretense...
Again, an assumption.

Obama on the other hand was a no name, from a poor family, who earned his way into princeton, graduated with honors, then was admited to harvard law... he then because president of the harvard law review, an EXTREMLY prestigious honor award to only the best of the best... you dont buy your way in, you only earn it...
If intelligence was all that is required to run the country, then Stephen Hawking would be in the Oval Office. The fact is, intelligence is only one part of a multi-faceted banks of skills. One must have intelligence and common sense, humility, integrity and above all else, the willingness to admit fault and listen to your people.

I won't defend Palin, because frankly I agree with much of the criticism. However, she's not dumb. She is probably as smart as anyone on these forums. Heck, I'll bet she can Google answers like the best of us. Sure, she's no road scholar, but like I said before, it takes more than smarts to run this country.

With the $100,000 speaker fee, Sarah can pay for a speechwriter and clothes. I wish I was so "dumb".:laugh:

The alcoholism was documented, the nose candy...not so much. It would be only fair if you admitted as much.

Again, an assumption.

If intelligence was all that is required to run the country, then Stephen Hawking would be in the Oval Office. The fact is, intelligence is only one part of a multi-faceted banks of skills. One must have intelligence and common sense, humility, integrity and above all else, the willingness to admit fault and listen to your people.

I won't defend Palin, because frankly I agree with much of the criticism. However, she's not dumb. She is probably as smart as anyone on these forums. Heck, I'll bet she can Google answers like the best of us. Sure, she's no road scholar, but like I said before, it takes more than smarts to run this country.

The cocaine usage is about as documented as it will ever get, especially if his record truly was expunged.... Numerous people said he did it, he himself said "I never denied using it" when asked about denying it in a taped conversation.... at a certain point if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck... its probaly a duck....

i personally dont care, i think drugs should be legalised, but thats a whole different thread all together...

As to yale, again, if it looks walks n talks like a duck.... he was a third generation son of the very powerful Bush family..... no one will ever go on record as saying yes we gave him preference because hes a bush.... but you dont really need to...

of course the school that has produced a LARGE number of highly powerful political figures will let a third generation bush in... its a given...

The last point about intellegence...

True, it is not the ONLY thing required to run the country.... BUT IT IS REQUIRED!

would you let someone who had only rudimentary math skills, or who had no idea about civics run the country?

of course not!

Given the choice between any average joe, and Stephen Hawking (who cant be president technically because he is not american, he is a british citizen) who would you pick?

something tells me hawking is gonna win that election any day of the week...

my point is, beyond character points..... there are, and should be, a basic skill set, and level of those skills required for anyone to be president... the job of the president, no matter how much we might wish it... is not a job for the average uneducated man or woman..

The cocaine usage is about as documented as it will ever get, especially if his record truly was expunged.... Numerous people said he did it, he himself said "I never denied using it" when asked about denying it in a taped conversation.... at a certain point if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck... its probaly a duck....

i personally dont care, i think drugs should be legalised, but thats a whole different thread all together...

As to yale, again, if it looks walks n talks like a duck.... he was a third generation son of the very powerful Bush family..... no one will ever go on record as saying yes we gave him preference because hes a bush.... but you dont really need to...

of course the school that has produced a LARGE number of highly powerful political figures will let a third generation bush in... its a given...

The last point about intellegence...

True, it is not the ONLY thing required to run the country.... BUT IT IS REQUIRED!

would you let someone who had only rudimentary math skills, or who had no idea about civics run the country?

of course not!

Given the choice between any average joe, and Stephen Hawking (who cant be president technically because he is not american, he is a british citizen) who would you pick?

something tells me hawking is gonna win that election any day of the week...

my point is, beyond character points..... there are, and should be, a basic skill set, and level of those skills required for anyone to be president... the job of the president, no matter how much we might wish it... is not a job for the average uneducated man or woman..

I would Pick RONALD REAGAN :thumbsup:

afterhours; said:
the more the media tries to destroy her.....

the more her fans are hardened and bigger her support base grows....

i saw the video, it was not a big deal, yeah she should have used another method for her notes....

but the media, all the haters would kill her for that.

she does not have the money that some people have, for speech writers, image consultants and all the other stuff the "other guys " have.

HERE HERE! IT'S ALWAYS FUNNY TO SEE PEOPLE RESORT TO PETTY 4TH GRADE LEVEL CRITISISM OF PALIN WHEN THEY GOT NOTHING ON HER WHEN IT COMES TO SUBSTANCE. A GREAT SPEECH WITH A FEW SCRIBBLE NOTES ON THE PALM IS EVEN BETTER THAN PAGES FULL OF NOTES OR A TELEPROMPTER FULL OF LIES IMO. SHOWS THAT SHE WAS MOSTLY SPEAKING FROM THE HEART AND MIND. GREAT TO SIT BACK AND CONTINUE TO WATCH HER SHAME HER CRITICS IN THE NEXT COMING MONTHS.

OH!...AND BY THE WAY, HI MOM!:lol:

HERE HERE! IT'S ALWAYS FUNNY TO SEE PEOPLE RESORT TO PETTY 4TH GRADE LEVEL CRITISISM OF PALIN WHEN THEY GOT NOTHING ON HER WHEN IT COMES TO SUBSTANCE. A GREAT SPEECH WITH A FEW SCRIBBLE NOTES ON THE PALM IS EVEN BETTER THAN PAGES FULL OF NOTES OR A TELEPROMPTER FULL OF LIES IMO. SHOWS THAT SHE WAS MOSTLY SPEAKING FROM THE HEART AND MIND. GREAT TO SIT BACK AND CONTINUE TO WATCH HER SHAME HER CRITICS IN THE NEXT COMING MONTHS.

OH!...AND BY THE WAY, HI MOM!:lol:

Yepster I was up in your neck of the woods last week...I did not realize until now you were from Laurel.

Last edited:
Yup! I live in Laurel, MD where Ive been gladly indoors for four days due to all the snow. I must say I'm very impressed with the snow removal here as compared to DC where residents and businesses are screaming at their mayor for all the uncleaned snow in their neighborhoods. Next time PM me when you are around:beerchug:

Yup! I live in Laurel, MD where Ive been gladly indoors for four days due to all the snow. I must say I'm very impressed with the snow removal here as compared to DC where residents and businesses are screaming at their mayor for all the uncleaned snow in their neighborhoods. Next time PM me when you are around:beerchug:

I will. I left on Friday morning just before you guys got hit.

Have you all noticed how all the libs get up in arms when Mrs. Palins name is mentioned? I work with a few Libs and the mere mention of her name sparks anger and criticism in an instant! Why is that? Because the Libs know that she is a threat to their pathetic agenda and they know that the American people want a true conservative to run this country! The American people are tired of the Libs and RINO republicans lies and deception. Even if Mrs. Palin doesn't run for president what she represents and her influence on the American people will affect the 2010 and 2012 elections. So you all can say what you want about her but will see what happens in the end. Hope we re-visit this thread this November so I can say I told you so.....det45

Steven Hawking......lol

the american people could never get over the wheel chair......or the voice box.

Once again, people say you need to a genius, a Rhode scholar or graduate with honors from a major Ivey League school....or even the Editor of Harvard Law Revue.

well that sounds nice, the only problem is that American foriegn policy has changed little in 60 years. So in a span of 60 years, numerous presidents ranging from the stupid(GWB) to the genius(Bill Clinton and Barry Obama). what has changed? Presidents have ranged from decorated generals to actors and even draft doggers.....

Yet American foriegn policy has basically stayed the same. seems to me that the demands of the job, dictate the responses and decisions more than an individuals' ideals or beliefs.

Do I think you need to be a genius to be president, no. Hell no. the "BOSS" does not need to be the smartest guy in the room, he only needs to know who the smart guys are. That is what a leader does, you delegate tasks and responsabilities to others.

america is not the small mom and pop store on the corner, where the boss also takes inventory, orders product and runs the cash register.....

running the country is pretty simple, figure out the problems and hire the correct, qualified people to fix the problem.

problem: we have no jobs.
solution : call the secratary of commerce, tell him/ her fix it

problem: American soldiers are getting screwed over after returning home from combat.
solution : Call Eric Shisenski, Sec. of Veterans Affiars.....tell him to fix it

problem: Dude on watch list tries to blow up airplane.
Solution : call Napolitano and tell to get off her ass and fix it....or start updating her resume.

some people are problem solvers, some are not. you see it in all phases of life. it has nothing to do with intelligence, or college degrees.

the job of POTUS is to be ultimate problem solver, not the guy that votes "present" because he does not want to take a side and alienate some voters....even if he was Editor of Harvard Law Review.

Last edited:
Steven Hawking......lol

the american people could never get over the wheel chair......or the voice box.

Once again, people say you need to a genius, a Rhode scholar or graduate with honors from a major Ivey League school....or even the Editor of Harvard Law Revue.

well that sounds nice, the only problem is that American foriegn policy has changed little in 60 years. So in a span of 60 years, numerous presidents ranging from the stupid(GWB) to the genius(Bill Clinton and Barry Obama). what has changed? Presidents have ranged from decorated generals to actors and even draft doggers.....

Yet American foriegn policy has basically stayed the same. seems to me that the demands of the job, dictate the responses and decisions more than an individuals' ideals or beliefs.

Do I think you need to be a genius to be president, no. Hell no. the "BOSS" does not need to be the smartest guy in the room, he only needs to know who the smart guys are. That is what a leader does, you delegate tasks and responsabilities to others.

america is not the small mom and pop store on the corner, where the boss also takes inventory, orders product and runs the cash register.....

running the country is pretty simple, figure out the problems and hire the correct, qualified people to fix the problem.

problem: we have no jobs.
solution : call the secratary of commerce, tell him/ her fix it

problem: American soldiers are getting screwed over after returning home from combat.
solution : Call Eric Shisenski, Sec. of Veterans Affiars.....tell him to fix it

problem: Dude on watch list tries to blow up airplane.
Solution : call Napolitano and tell to get off her ass and fix it....or start updating her resume.

some people are problem solvers, some are not. you see it in all phases of life. it has nothing to do with intelligence, or college degrees.

the job of POTUS is to be ultimate problem solver, not the guy that votes "present" because he does not want to take a side and alienate some voters....even if he was Editor of Harvard Law Review.

OOH!!! im gonna run for office.. Dino can be the V.P.

My running phrase will be.. "YES im an idiot, but look where people with degrees got us."

Don't worry if I win ill just hire captain and the mods to fix it all. WOOT!!! :rofl:

Ever seen O'God, I mean Obama answer questions without a teleprompter? I loose interest after about the 8th or 9th uh......uh......now.......uh.......uh......well........uh.......uh.......listen.......uh......um.......wait........

Back