Some pics of my busa i took today.

The cost to stretch my Busa was around $300. It's the 2-6" extenion, i'm set at 6", Or 5.5" to be exact. I bought them from NYCparts on Ebay. My lowering links were a freebie from a friend, but you can score some on Ebay for $35 or so. It's a true bolt-on deal and i can swap from stock WB and height, to lowered and stretched in about 35 minutes. Since there isn't a clip style masterlink offered for my DID chain, having to rivet on a masterlink adds time. Add $25 for a lowering strap and your set for the drag strip or rolling burnout fun.
So for under $400 you can completely transform your bike. Then when a mountain ride presents itself, a half an hour later your good to go.
I've also got lifting links(raises the rear an inch), going from lowered and stretched to lifted and stock WB is a real change.
mad.gif
biggrin.gif

My multipurpose Busa.

Dam nice GM- what color you going with? The wheels look great with the silver.

Do you know what the weight saving was over your stock wheels? Will the stock bolt pattern rotors work on those wheels? I have wave rotors already is why I ask. What brand wheels are they and who did you buy them from? Looking at BSTs or maybe Dymags but they are kinda out of reach price wize.
Your gona paint that? It looks darn good now. Sorry for the hundred questions.

I'm going with the House of Kolors Tangelo orange pearl with extra orange flakes and a full flame job front to back. I can't decide if i wanna do the tribal or classic flame style. Either way they're alot of work and after taping awhile everything starts looking the same. LOL  I'm kinda nervous about the added flake, as i don't have a good history of shooting clear with added flakes in it.(S10, red kandy, blotches everywhere... it still haunts me) But they will only be in the first coat of clear so i think/hope i'll do alright. If i can just get the primary color sprayed i'll be good. Custom painting, or any paintjob, is alot of work, ALOT,  when you do it the right way.  Don't ever let someone tell you it's not. The 90% prep/10% paintwork isn't BS, it takes patience.  That's why you find alot of hack work out there. The difference between a so-so job and a killer one is about 15 minutes. Ever work on something that your getting tired of doing and you get to the point that in your mind your saying "that'll be fine"?  That's hack work. But, even if your thinking "it'll be fine" but you go the extra step to make it slick.. That's the good stuff.  The worst thing you can do is rush yourself or have friends that mean well and want to help, but don't know jack about prepping and you end up redoing everything they "prepped", then your cussing them cause you realize you could of been done already if you just did it yourself in the first place and you start contemplating why you ever decided to paint this in the first place. No, i'm not bitter  
laugh.gif

<!--EDIT|GMbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1142789789 -->

Do you know what the weight saving was over your stock wheels? Will the stock bolt pattern rotors work on those wheels? I have wave rotors already is why I ask. What brand wheels are they and who did you buy them from? Looking at BSTs or maybe Dymags but they are kinda out of reach price wize.
Your gona paint that? It looks darn good now. Sorry for the hundred questions.
I got the wheels from Charles at Street&Track. I'd say these wheels offer a 25-30% reduction in weight over OEM. They use your stock brake rotors F&B, but utilize a 95-01 Kawi ZX9 sprocket. I went with a ultralite sprocket and waverotors to maximize the weight savings. It's made a big difference on my Busa's power delivery. It gets up and moves alot easier and my braking is alot easier. If i knew how these wheels would improve my bike so much, i'd of bought them awhile ago.

Looks like its coming along pretty good!

You must go from streched to stock everyother week
laugh.gif

The body isn't as nice as you might think. It's full of chips and dings.

Pics always make things look better.

IMO you do have the fastest stock color scheme!!  ;)   (im not  partial or nothin)

<!--EDIT|BUSA_CHeMiST
Reason for Edit: None given...|1142802438 -->

Hayabusa_12_27_05.jpg

Back