Size of soda to be limited in NYC.

true however have you seen what cigs cost in NY lately? I was at 7-11 the other night and a guy walked in a bought a single pack of Marlboros. The cashier said $10.xx :stoopid: I literally said out loud "holy crap". The guy said yeah I can remember pulling change from between the seats to get a pack, now its more than $10. I too can remember friends borrowing $2 to get a pack growing up. I get those folks that are addicted to it but man I cant for the life of me see how folks can afford to smoke in NY anymore. Never being a smoker I dont know how the pull is for it but at $300/month for the pack a day smoker...man thats some folks car payments :banghead:

Yep, just think about all the fun Busa mods that could buy!

so....are we upset enough at "big government" yet?

There you go Chris...you're welcome :)

chris.jpg

Obesity is becoming a serious problem here in America and if you take a look at todays children you would be as alarmed as all the experts and analysts. 1 of the main culprits driving our country toward the most obese country on earth is soda. Look at the back of a 20 oz. Bottle. That bottle contains 2 servings in it. Who drinks half a bottle of soda? Nobody, that's why they banned soda from all the schools because kids were drinking 2-3 bottles of that junk in less than an 8hr period. Then going home to drink who knows how much more. The older generations didn't have it as bad growing up because there wasn't a soda machine or Mcdonalds on every corner like there is today. Not to mention our lifestyle has completely changed from 20years ago. People don't walk anywhere anymore, spend more time on the internet, xbox, and PS3. Look up the health risks and diseases that are related to obesity. Its right up there tobacco :whistle:

You guys set up a schedule. At 52 I need a babysitter. You guys understand that you own one of the most dangerous vehicles produced :whistle:

We'll put you in the corner, with only your phone, and you can post...Ho.
Maybe that'll keep ya outta trouble.
Although so far it doesn't seem to be working, so I guess you're a lost cause, like the rest of the country.:laugh:

Man, I do love a big gulp. If they got rid of those here I would buy two little gulps. Rooster soon you'll have a nice fat butt just like me. Then guess what? No rooster riding. That's right the mayor is looking out for you. You should just be glad someone loves you! :laugh:

Obesity is becoming a serious problem here in America and if you take a look at todays children you would be as alarmed as all the experts and analysts. 1 of the main culprits driving our country toward the most obese country on earth is soda. Look at the back of a 20 oz. Bottle. That bottle contains 2 servings in it. Who drinks half a bottle of soda? Nobody, that's why they banned soda from all the schools because kids were drinking 2-3 bottles of that junk in less than an 8hr period. Then going home to drink who knows how much more. The older generations didn't have it as bad growing up because there wasn't a soda machine or Mcdonalds on every corner like there is today. Not to mention our lifestyle has completely changed from 20years ago. People don't walk anywhere anymore, spend more time on the internet, xbox, and PS3. Look up the health risks and diseases that are related to obesity. Its right up there tobacco :whistle:

One of countless problems...
All resulting from lack of common sense and good parenting.
But, if you're Shaq, or one of many guys his size, do you really want a "small" soda, or regular size snickers?:laugh:

Ok. Just checking.
So you can still get a two pound burger or a 48 oz ribeye or a huge NY style pizza or a super size oil laden order of fries or a kill zombies hot dog from one of the carts but you can't get served a huge soda to wash it down with. Just making sure I got that straight? :laugh:

Ok. Just checking.
So you can still get a two pound burger or a 48 oz ribeye or a huge NY style pizza or a super size oil laden order of fries or a kill zombies hot dog from one of the carts but you can't get served a huge soda to wash it down with. Just making sure I got that straight? :laugh:

Only if it's diet,
pay attention next time you're in McDonalds:laugh:

Ok. Just checking.

Yes but Chicago also has a place known for duck fat fries. I mean as long as you are going to digest your way to an early grave you might as well do it and have the stuff be extra yummy :laugh: You cant carry a gun in Chicago but you can load up on super sized sugar laced sodas and artery hardening fries at will. Of course you also have a better chance of getting shot in the gun free city than anywhere else currently in the USA but that's a different convo for a different thread now isnt it Blanca :whistle:

ps this is the place with the duck fat fries and the hot dogs are pretty dang good too Hot Doug's

Man, I do love a big gulp. If they got rid of those here I would buy two little gulps. Rooster soon you'll have a nice fat butt just like me. Then guess what? No rooster riding. That's right the mayor is looking out for you. You should just be glad someone loves you! :laugh:

Need to a find a bigger Rooster, thats all. And there are a dozen jokes Id liwk to make right now, but the Ol Ban hammer is ever vigilant.:whistle:

They have been restricting foods and sodas are just another step in the right direction. They are slowly doing away with Transfats in a lot of foods, MSG, and reducing the sodium content as well. Excess of anything isn't good for you but with sugary drinks its really bad. Because they don't fill you up like a steak or burger will and they are cheaper to buy a lot of and more accessible. The % of americans that are overweight and obese is ridiculous and that goes across the board Upper, middle, and lower class. Not every1 can afford to eat out and gorge themselves on fast food but most homes and families can afford an abundance of liquid sugary crack........

This reminds me of an old show called "Sliders." In one show they were in a parallel reality where to buy a large fry you had to show a note from your doctor saying your cholesterol was below 200, and sign a health waiver.

I never thought it was the reality they were passing through. LOL

I wonder when they will require a physical to order at McDonald? Sir time for your prostate to be checked before your order. Me hum on second thought I don't want a big mac that badly.

Back