Size of soda to be limited in NYC.

Fastfrog007

Donating Member
Registered
Critics aim to delay NYC sugary drink limits - CBS News

Are people goin to be allowed to make any decisions for themselves in the future? If big brother is going to keep me from doing things that are bad for me, why wont he help me do things that are good for me? Studies have shown work productivity goes up with a short afternoon nap, why not make it a law for employers to give workers a cot and 20min to rest? I feel much better after a vacation, why wont the government pay for one of those twice a year? Shall we mention the millions of people that the mental healthcare systems forgets or mistreats every year? The list can go on and on.

Can anyone name a liberty that was given to people over the last 100yrs? Rights for women and the civil rights movement were the only gains and those were pushed through by people that stood up for liberty, not politicians worth $1,000,000,000 that told them they should be treated fairly.

Im gonna got eat some high capacity Double Stuff Oreos before they get banned for being Assault Oreos with deadly amounts of sugar.

It's really sad that most cannot make sound decisions and exercise good judgement for themselves.

Sad yes but its a true statement..........:whistle: Why do you think they got rid of the supersize option etc. etc. people now days are incapable of discretion :banghead: its all about more more more gimme gimme gimme just because I can:alcoholic:

You missed the part where Bloomsburg also made it illegal for city hospitals to provide formula to new mothers because he says breast milk is better and won't support lazy mothers who just toss their kids onto formula. Never mind the fact some women can't produce enough or some babies are allergic to it.

Welcome to NYC home of the sheeple

No more Hi-cap sodas.

It's the fault of the citizens of ny state for they continue to let this stuff happen.
I cannot believe the populace even allowed the legislature to waste any time at all talking about limiting the size of a soda? That's what's truly sad.

I'm gonna move to CT and sell 3 liters of coke and Faygo on the black market! :beerchug:

Oh no! A large coke sitting right next to my 30 rd mag! Two strikes :banghead:

The rules are for server provided sodas. You can still buy 2L sodas at the stores and 20oz bottles at 7-11s, etc. There's also no limits on how many glasses of soda one can consume so the rules are silly unless you are eating at one of the places that charges for refills

This is all for your own good people! You can't possibly make your own decisions or live life the way you see fit. Don't you see that?? :rofl:

It's really sad that most cannot make sound decisions and exercise good judgement for themselves.

Sad yes but its a true statement..........:whistle: Why do you think they got rid of the supersize option etc. etc. people now days are incapable of discretion :banghead: its all about more more more gimme gimme gimme just because I can:alcoholic:

You guys set up a schedule. At 52 I need a babysitter. You guys understand that you own one of the most dangerous vehicles produced :whistle:

This is all for your own good people! You can't possibly make your own decisions or live life the way you see fit. Don't you see that?? :rofl:

Sadly, I'm starting to think that recent history is proving this statement to be true...Obesity statistics are pretty depressing.

Sadly, I'm starting to think that recent history is proving this statement to be true...Obesity statistics are pretty depressing.

That isn't a good argument - plenty of citizens would rally against us and our right to ride, how many are lost each year, how dangerous riding is, etc...

Slippery slope my friend...we're on it... :banghead:

while I agree this reach into controlling a free citizen's ability to make choices is a bit over the line by any govt group. Instead of taking silly measures like this the mayor/govt should focus on making healthy options more affordable. The problem is that you can spend less than $5 and get a pile of food that is basically crap loaded with things that will make you among other things, fat....not to mention the chemicals contained in them. A "healthy" meal is typically 2-4x the cost of that for a similar amount of "fullness"

while I agree this reach into controlling a free citizen's ability to make choices is a bit over the line by any govt group. Instead of taking silly measures like this the mayor/govt should focus on making healthy options more affordable. The problem is that you can spend less than $5 and get a pile of food that is basically crap loaded with things that will make you among other things, fat....not to mention the chemicals contained in them. A "healthy" meal is typically 2-4x the cost of that for a similar amount of "fullness"

I totally agree with this statement. while I do not endorse the government stepping in to limits one's choices, I do think they could do more to support the healthier options better, as well as better educating people on how to make those choices. Ultimately, its up to each and every one of us to make those decisions, although the restaurant business is currently making it more difficult than it should be to make the healthy choice, in my opinion.

thats comical. limit soda but not cancer sticks and alcohol.....:whistle: that makes me lol literally!

if someone wants to get fat from drinking large sodas a dozen times a day thats on them and it has no bearing on me but if someone lights up a cancer stick I have to breath in their self induced cancer and if someone wants to get drunk and drive I have to worry about them killing me at an intersection but lets ban soda cause thats the real EVIL in our society.....lmao:rofl:

I totally agree with this statement. while I do not endorse the government stepping in to limits one's choices, I do think they could do more to support the healthier options better, as well as better educating people on how to make those choices. Ultimately, its up to each and every one of us to make those decisions, although the restaurant business is currently making it more difficult than it should be to make the healthy choice, in my opinion.

The one thing that I will give credit for in all of the madness. They are now required to list caloric counts/basic nutritional facts on menus. I saw a news report that had people saying those figures changed their eating selections as they had no clue it was XXXg of fat or YYYg of carbs in certain favorites at local spots. I agree folks need to make decisions but all too often those decisions are made solely in economics and not in whats necessarily best for those eating it. This is why you see more low income families with morbidly obese folks than you do in the wealthier families. I think the real challenge is for the true middle class folks who often have to balance things to make ends meet. The good thing is that more and more supermarkets seem to be offering coupons and sales on the healthier options so smart shoppers can actually bring home better choices for the same kinda money as the crap ones. :thumbsup:

thats comical. limit soda but not cancer sticks and alcohol.....:whistle: that makes me lol literally!

if someone wants to get fat from drinking large sodas a dozen times a day thats on them and it has no bearing on me but if someone lights up a cancer stick I have to breath in their self induced cancer and if someone wants to get drunk and drive I have to worry about them killing me at an intersection but lets ban soda cause thats the real EVIL in our society.....lmao:rofl:

true however have you seen what cigs cost in NY lately? I was at 7-11 the other night and a guy walked in a bought a single pack of Marlboros. The cashier said $10.xx :stoopid: I literally said out loud "holy crap". The guy said yeah I can remember pulling change from between the seats to get a pack, now its more than $10. I too can remember friends borrowing $2 to get a pack growing up. I get those folks that are addicted to it but man I cant for the life of me see how folks can afford to smoke in NY anymore. Never being a smoker I dont know how the pull is for it but at $300/month for the pack a day smoker...man thats some folks car payments :banghead:

true however have you seen what cigs cost in NY lately? I was at 7-11 the other night and a guy walked in a bought a single pack of Marlboros. The cashier said $10.xx :stoopid: I literally said out loud "holy crap". The guy said yeah I can remember pulling change from between the seats to get a pack, now its more than $10. I too can remember friends borrowing $2 to get a pack growing up. I get those folks that are addicted to it but man I cant for the life of me see how folks can afford to smoke in NY anymore. Never being a smoker I dont know how the pull is for it but at $300/month for the pack a day smoker...man thats some folks car payments :banghead:
$10? try $15 in NY city! Cigarettes hit $14.50 a pack with new tax - NYPOST.com

my sister lives in manhattan and is a smoker. she whines about it all the time....:whistle: I tell her to STFU and quit then u moron. I hear ya tho. spending $300+ a month on something that will most likely kill you sooner or later is just DUMB!

but lets ban BIG soda's cause they are the real killer. give me a break for christs sake!

Back