Show Us Your Chicken Strips

i believe the rear is a Pirelli Diablo Strada which had about 8500 miles on it (should have changed it a little earlier lol)...the front is a Pirelli Diablo Corsa III with close to 10,000 on it that would have had a few more in it if i hadn't shredded it on the Skyway

i generally get about 8000 on a Strada rear, 3000 on a Corsa III rear, and 10-11,000 on a Corsa III front

here is a pic of a Strada with 2700 miles on it

Staunch Pirelli supporter, eh? You have some fine, FINE examples there, my friend.

:beerchug:

5K on BT56R. Can't find the receipt with the mileage at changing, but I think it was around 10-11K, now at 16K. Yes, I know the wheel is dirty, the whole bike is filthy from riding in the rain Sunday.

DSC00996 (Small).JPG

DSC00997 (Small).JPG

DSC00994 (Small).JPG

DSC00995 (Small).JPG

DSC00998 (Small).JPG

DSC00996 (Small).JPG

DSC00997 (Small).JPG

DSC00994 (Small).JPG

DSC00995 (Small).JPG

DSC00998 (Small).JPG

Anyone else have any offerings on this?

I'll bet there are some more solid recommendations forthcoming...

Sorry Scar, this is the best I could find. Doyle (btw, hi!)

P1020692.JPG

P1020694.JPG

Staunch Pirelli supporter, eh? You have some fine, FINE examples there, my friend.

love the Pirelli's! the Corsa III sticks like it is nailed to the pavement and the Strada can take all but the very hardest treatment (i've scraped the footpeg feelers chasing Macon with them on)

i run the Strada most of the time because i end up riding to KC, AR, OK, Gulf Coast, Quad Cities, etc. just to get to the start of the ride and anything else is squared off by the time i get there...these mileages are done hauling me (approx. 315-320 in gear) and about 40 lbs. in a Ventura luggage system on the back half of the time...anyone who weighs less and/or never travels distances with luggage should get even more miles

pic of Strada that had been ridden to the edge of the tire without any issues :beerchug:

IMG_3150 (Large).jpg

This thread reminds I've got to get out in the garage and change these.

What's interesting about riding home on tires like these on after a long ride is when you're in the twisties, you can feel the front tire sliding when you're at full lean and it contacts the flat spot on the front. :laugh:

Dsc09570_tire.jpg

Dsc09570_tire.jpg

commuter strips, I like the ring to that. ContiRoads with just over 5000 commuter miles.

contir10.jpg

I must say what every non busa inferior being says "Chicken strips, right there, we ALL KNOW, BUSA'S Cant TURN......):laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

No seriously, there might be some on the tires in my car...but then that means there is a problem.....

I must say what every non busa inferior being says "Chicken strips, right there, we ALL KNOW, BUSA'S Cant TURN......):laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

No seriously, there might be some on the tires in my car...but then that means there is a problem.....

You are a crack-up.

Don't have any pics of my tires and I just put a new set on so they have huge stripes, but I usually get between 9K and 12K on a rear and 11K to 12K on a front. Metzler roadtec rear and Metzler sporttec front. I switched to the Dunlop road smart for this set but its just because I didn't have extra cash for the Metzlers and we were leaving for Florida that next weekend

I hope you guys are trying to be funny. Some of the tires in this thread make me scared.

I hope you guys are trying to be funny. Some of the tires in this thread make me scared.

Humor or not, a lot of good information will come from this thread.

I'm still waiting on a couple of really high-mileage peeps to put up some pix and talk about what they've learned to run from all their miles on the turnpikes.

We always carry on about stickiness and longevity where it counts the most, but there are never threads about serious high-mileage tires...until now, of course.

I thought I had big chickin strips! Man, I think on my straight Florida roads I have a little off center rubber used. This thread makes me feel like a real road racer! :cheerleader:Thanks guys. I needed the info in this thread to feel better about my strips.

Now about those cords showing on those pictures, GET SOME NEW TIRES!!!! :thumbsup:

Doyle, your rear tire looks like you have your suspension and tire pressure figured out. Wear looks perfect! :thumbsup:

However, it is a michelin you know! :poke:

Well lets see . Here in Florida thats all we get unfortunately.
I truly wish tire makers would make a Florida tire ?
Here are my Michelin Hpxs with about 3500 miles on them.
You can already see the flat spot going down middle.

HPX.JPG

Here is a couple of the shinkos before I pulled them off. They had about 7k on them in these pics

100_2908.jpg

100_2909.jpg

Back