Chicken Strips

DEMMYM

Donating Member
Registered
Please be honest. :please: Cause Im going to keep trying if you say yes

Is there anyone on here that has a bike stretched at least 6" and does not have chicken strips on there tire.

Try as I may I just cant seem to get the bike to lean that far over. Just curious if it can be done ???

Here are some pics of my Brand New Avon Storm after our 435 mile ride today. Stretched 6 1/2
==========================================================

CHICKEN STRIP 001.jpg

CHICKEN STRIP 002.jpg

CHICKEN STRIP 003.jpg

i just got my new Shinko on today, an the back tire I took off (bald) in my opinion, still had the strips intact:laugh: and it's not stretched..... an for the haters out there :moon: Yeah I prefer straight lines cliffs an rivers hurt not that we have any of those problems here in FL :whistle: :laugh:

Mine is stretched 8ish and try as I may aside actually kneedraggin I can't get rid of mine either. I have been purposely going into corners hard and wala they're still there.
Posted via Mobile Device

Guys if the strips bothering you so much...... this is what you need.......just keep it on down lo..... an don't let anyone see you doing it:laugh:

sandpaper.jpg

Just be careful with trying to push it on over, we don't need another rider down.

I've never ridden a stretched bike, or a lowered bike, in fact, the only time I've had a leg over one was when I was pushing John's bike around after his wreck. Because of that, I have no place to talk, but everything I have ever heard tends to say that a lowered/stretched bike has no place in the curves.

Just be careful with it, be safe. :beerchug:

i got front and rear tire strips to work off new shoes on both

I don't ride a stretched bike but those strips are nothing to be ashamed of.
You and Misty are getting your ride on and enjoying yourselves. That is really what counts.
:thumbsup::beerchug:
Good for you.
Bubba

I don't ride a stretched bike but those strips are nothing to be ashamed of.
You and Misty are getting your ride on and enjoying yourselves. That is really what counts.
:thumbsup::beerchug:
Good for you.
Bubba

+ 1000000...ride your ride and let everything else fall where it may, you did a great job of riding today bro :beerchug:

Think about this, You have a 120 in the front a 190 or 200 in the rear you follow me. Look at your front tire what are the size of the chicken strips there. Why is everbody worried about the back tire. As long as you go around the corner as fast as you can and not crash WTF. Every tire manufacture out there has a diff profile. Some will show less CS than others. Your tires look good they are right at the edge of the groove why do you want to go more. I am new to sports bikes only about two tho on my busa. first sports bike my CS are about 5/8 to 3/4" MichHPXs.

:thumbsup:

Thinking about it like this.

There were a couple corners today I wasnt quite sure I was going to make, as a matter of fact there was one I got damn lucky there wasnt someone coming from the other direction.

I love the way Misty looks and rides but Im wondering if and when I go on these twisty rides if it wouldnt be worth it to put her back to stock length. If and when I can afford it I would like to have another Busa and keep it stock for that very reason. would like to see what I am capable of on a stock bike.

It's not the stretch that affects the lean angle, it's the lowering. The more you lower your ride the less lean angle you have available. If it's stock height, just lean that puppy on over until ****zee starts dragging and you'll get rid of your strips.

It's not really a big issue to have those little CS like yours. I don't get mine all the way to the edge very often on the streets either. With proper body position you can spank her fat little butt quite well and never get all the way on the edge.

If she is lowered, you may be forced to be happy with your Chicken Strips. They are very small strips after all! :beerchug:

Do I have to make a trip out to OK to show you how to ride that b!tch...

Don't worry about chicken strips...just enjoy the ride and bring her home in one piece :beerchug:

I got strips on my bike too, gave up being embaressed a while ago. Fact is I would love to get my knee down, but just can't. I ride for myself and don't consider myself to be a slow rider. :laugh:

Its not the stretch...its the lowerd effect that limits you....like others said. I know when my air-ride is down..its hard to handle, but with it up to ride hight and the front being lowered 2 inches..give me a front rake for easier turn in. Im 9 over but also on a 330.

DSC00267.jpg

Back