Chicken Strips

(Tango1300 @ Aug. 24 2007,13:59)
(SnapAttack @ Aug. 24 2007,13:44) Couldn't resist...
That must be Chicken Strips for OLD phuckers!!
Who you calling old...
poke.gif

see ya at the bash... see ya at the bash.... LOL

I was just thinking the same thing Chris. The Dragon will do away with chicken strips or give you some rashed plastic, one or the other, sometimes both. Hey, Vabs did make it on TO the Dragon this past year. I've seen photgraphic proof. Then again, Darryl can use photoshop.

Now Vabs, put that belt sander down. You know my heads slick enough as it is.

super.gif

(TennBusa @ Aug. 24 2007,14:37) I was just thinking the same thing Chris.  The Dragon will do away with chicken strips or give you some rashed plastic, one or the other, sometimes both.  Hey, Vabs did make it on TO the Dragon this past year.  I've seen photgraphic proof.  Then again, Darryl can use photoshop.

Now Vabs, put that belt sander down.  You know my heads slick enough as it is.

super.gif
I look at it like this... when I'm at the DRAGON, while the rest of the riders in America wish they WERE.

If I go down pushing it... at least I was not the one wishing I were there. I will take rash from the Dragon and certainly relish the memory of... "This One Time, At The Dragon...."

(J.Busa @ Aug. 24 2007,16:54)
(NightCrawler @ Aug. 24 2007,11:18) The un-used portion of your tire. The arrow points to the general area but in this guy's case, it might be about 80% of the tire.
laugh.gif

Oh ... btw ... I hear the name comes from other riders judging how big of a "chicken" you are. The wider the strip the bigger the chicken.
Hey Night Crawler, is that the rear wheel of the new Concours in your pic?
Couldn't tell 'ya. I did a search on Yahoo and found that pic. I only added the arrow.

(Tango1300 @ Aug. 24 2007,14:47)
(TennBusa @ Aug. 24 2007,14:37) I was just thinking the same thing Chris. The Dragon will do away with chicken strips or give you some rashed plastic, one or the other, sometimes both. Hey, Vabs did make it on TO the Dragon this past year. I've seen photgraphic proof. Then again, Darryl can use photoshop.

Now Vabs, put that belt sander down. You know my heads slick enough as it is.

super.gif
I look at it like this... when I'm at the DRAGON, while the rest of the riders in America wish they WERE.

If I go down pushing it... at least I was not the one wishing I were there. I will take rash from the Dragon and certainly relish the memory of... "This One Time, At The Dragon...."
if the cops are there during the bash this year WE all well have chicken for dinner.. they are some bad right now.i was up there end of july and i saw 14 cops car ,2 cops on bike , and a bus that the THP had at the lake ..

Ditto NX's comments regarding the Dragon, ran it last Saturday and counted approximately 10 troopers or deputies. Plus there was speed enforcement on the Cherohala Skyway and Foothills Parkway. The internet killed the Dragon. I got tired of the cruisers coming the other way in my lane...
sad.gif

(BusaFan00 @ Aug. 24 2007,14:27) Hehe, you gotta be a little out of your mind (or have some AWESOME roads nearby) to get rid of your strips completely riding on the street.
Especially two up.
SHOCKED.gif
First time I completely lost mine was two up :

DSC00914__Small_.JPG

(big jim @ Aug. 24 2007,14:37) I am still riding on the entire chicken, including feathers.
all_coholic.gif
My girlfriend says using a feather is kinky,,perverted is using the whole chicken.....

Just stay with what you have; don't worry about no chicken stripes, concentrate on polishing your riding skills. Some of us have to travel pretty far to get to decent twisty roads.

I have approximately just the tiny little letters on the very edge left.
been trying to scrub em off, but I'm right turn dominant. Oh well...shoot me.
guns.gif

Wow
SHOCKED.gif
, might as well call mine chicken landing strips or chicken sidewalks or pathways.

Well, I have a the large Texas size chicken strips, but the Tx Troopers have been enforcing that little thing called the speed limit on the only real good smooth twistie road around here....thats my story and I'm sticking to it.
biggrin.gif

Typically, I'm at about 1/4" to 1/2". I'm not all that worried about it. I lay the bike over far enough to be sure, but I'm way off the side of it holding it up as much as possible. If I were to stay in line with the bike, I'd have no chicken strips at all.

--Wag--

Typing tired.

Oh man! don't get some of us track boys started in this thread. Watch out for Charles, BA, DD, Cosmo, VMAN (get well soon dude!!), and a couple others.

No strips here:

WILLOW060.jpg

As a result of a little of this:

CP2_3357.jpg

CP2_3361.jpg

I don't know what chicken strips are either
tounge.gif
Are they those things down the sides of the tires for the first 100 miles or so?

Back