Chicken Strips

(TXBusa05LE @ Aug. 24 2007,14:40)
(VaBusa @ Aug. 24 2007,11:38) I do believe they're really called "chicken PLANKS" right guys from the Bash?  Right?  I should go update Wiki on that  
laugh.gif
Do it!  I dare ya...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

They are called ChickenStrips because WUSS was just too strong of a word.  
all_coholic.gif

Actually...  I was thinking I was good when three days after getting my Busa, I was on the Blue Ridge Parkway and took this first pic.  I ws proud of rolling my 200 wide Shinko all the way over into the "ZONE of Chicken"!!

It wasn't til I learned from the fearless leaders on this board that I was mistaken of my incredible stature... a figment of my own accomplishment until I fitted a set of 180/55 Metzler M3's to the Busa!!  Then I began to learn what it really meant to LEAN all the way down with confidence.  
super.gif

And I don't want to hear that... "I live in Florida and we have no curves..." Rant! I am in Houston, the concrete Jungle and everything is flat here. I manage to find the line around the corners to keep my squares from becoming too noticeable.

So here is before...

BRPreartire01.jpg

And here is NOW!!

Chickenstrips.jpg

GEAUX TIGERS!!

(Tango1300 @ Aug. 24 2007,11:45) They are called ChickenStrips because WUSS was just too strong of a word.  
all_coholic.gif

Actually...  I was thinking I was good when three days after getting my Busa, I was on the Blue Ridge Parkway and took this first pic.  I ws proud of rolling my 200 wide Shinko all the way over into the "ZONE of Chicken"!!

It wasn't til I learned from the fearless leaders on this board that I was mistaken of my incredible stature... a figment of my own accomplishment until I fitted a set of 180/55 Metzler M3's to the Busa!!  Then I began to learn what it really meant to LEAN all the way down with confidence.  
super.gif

So here is before...

BRPreartire01.jpg

And here is NOW!!

Chickenstrips.jpg

GEAUX TIGERS!!
Interesting, so my Shinko strips are effectively worthless?  I don't know what size they are without looking...

Why?  Does a larger tire tend to lean more easily or something?

This tured out to me a more insightful coversation thank I had originally expected.

(Tango1300 @ Aug. 24 2007,14:51)
(VaBusa @ Aug. 24 2007,11:47) *mental note...go ahead and use the belt sander before the next bash*  
laugh.gif
That will definitely remove the glaze your donuts have!
I'm sensing some blastage from your general direction and I don't like it much...
laugh.gif
Showoff...Busa looks good though...
bowdown.gif

laugh.gif

Chicken strips is so last year, this year they are referred to as "***** Strips". Well, at least that's the term my 66 year old Hayabusa riding buddy used when he pointed out to a Buel riding 22 year old that he needed to take a riding school to improve his riding skills. Once the 22 year old dude compared tires he didn't have anything else to say. A Hayabusa can be leaned over far enough to get rid of the "***** Strips".

Hope I didn't hurt anybody's feelers.

(Nekosohana @ Aug. 24 2007,11:51)
(Tango1300 @ Aug. 24 2007,11:45) They are called ChickenStrips because WUSS was just too strong of a word.  
all_coholic.gif

super.gif

So here is before...

BRPreartire01.jpg

And here is NOW!!

Chickenstrips.jpg

GEAUX TIGERS!!
Interesting, so my Shinko strips are effectively worthless?  I don't know what size they are without looking...

This tured out to me a more insightful coversation thank I had originally expected.
A wider tire is harder to lean as it does not have the same camber or curve as a flatter tire. Having a 55 aspect ratio makes the bike transition faster in the curves while also putting more rubber on the road when leaning.

Go buy a set, take a link out your chain and have fun!!

(Tango1300 @ Aug. 24 2007,11:45) And I don't want to hear that... "I live in Florida and we have no curves..."  Rant!  I am in Houston, the concrete Jungle and everything is flat here.  I manage to find the line around the corners to keep my squares from becoming too noticeable.
Uh huh  
rock.gif

Not sure about mine, I'll hafta check, but I'm fine just keeping my fairings in one piece so sure I'll take 1 1/2" strips.

(Tango1300 @ Aug. 24 2007,12:14)
(Nekosohana @ Aug. 24 2007,11:51)
all_coholic.gif

super.gif

So here is before...

And here is NOW!!

GEAUX TIGERS!!

A wider tire is harder to lean as it does not have the same camber or curve as a flatter tire.  Having a 55 aspect ratio makes the bike transition faster in the curves while also putting more rubber on the road when leaning.

Go buy a set, take a link out your chain and have fun!!
I will try them on my next set. I need to do the suspension mod at that time anyway.

(big jim @ Aug. 24 2007,14:37) Wow. I dont have any pictures but according to these definitions and pictures I am still riding on the entire chicken, including feathers.
all_coholic.gif
laugh.gif
HAAAAAAA!!!!!! thats funny.

i have chicken cutlets
biggrin.gif

(NightCrawler @ Aug. 24 2007,11:18) The un-used portion of your tire. The arrow points to the general area but in this guy's case, it might be about 80% of the tire.
laugh.gif

Oh ... btw ... I hear the name comes from other riders judging how big of a "chicken" you are. The wider the strip the bigger the chicken.
Hey Night Crawler, is that the rear wheel of the new Concours in your pic?

Back