Shoul I do it Pros/Cons Please

Yeah thats what the guy i was hangin with told me...kinda frustrating you do all this damn work on mods and making you bike liter and run the same thing you did with the old bike...oh well maybe when it warms up ill be a little faster

how does 17 and 39 help you win races?
you will accelerate slower
busa is geared for 200mph most other bike are geared lower
a stock busa wont pull stock gearing to redline so a 17 and 39 will be worse unless you have added more power and only want to do top speed

Yeah thats what the guy i was hangin with told me...kinda frustrating you do all this damn work on mods and making you bike liter and run the same thing you did with the old bike...oh well maybe when it warms up ill be a little faster
Yeah...I know what you mean...I took mine to the track awhile back and the best I could do were the 6.40's anyway I know that I'm rusty and have lost the edge...More seat time and yours will go down...
evil.gif

16 / 42 all the way ! Don't know about how it will do on the track but its sure is a blast on the road

16 / 42 all the way ! Don't know about how it will do on the track but its sure is a blast on the road

yes,16-42,17-43 will give you better accel in 2nd thru 6th
and it will also help at the track (dragstrip) if you can put the power down,but on the street where traction is limited 16-42 will have you up in smoke or in a big wheelstand, either way you will be backing off to maintain acceleration,
i have a 05 busa with basic mods,pipe,pc,bmc,pairblock i am also + 1 7/8'' co2 shifter,i am 170 + gear all tests were done from 4500-5000 17-42 35lbs,smoke30,27,23,smoke, tried it stock and lowered 1'' front and rear,yesterday tried 17-41 same temps,high 40's better baro (30.00 17-42)30.20 17-41
lowered 1'' 34 lbs,no smoke nice power wheelie,it is just too cold to try launching the bike,plus i am wearing enough clothes to look like the michelin man,so roll on tests are all i am doing now

<!--EDIT|chevelle
Reason for Edit: None given...|1111353815 -->

just installed a 16-42 with a plus 6 arm and the beast is loads of fun, very easy to control. Now I just have to correct the speedometer.

atticdog,i am going to take a crack at explaining why tall gearing works,especially on the street with a stretched bike,small stretch 3in. or less,anyone that is running very low et's is doing something that most are not,they are staging around 5k (+ or - some depending on conditions) as the clutch is going out the throttle is being twisted to the stop,this is not as easy as it sounds,most are rolling the throttle part way open,and letting the clutch out to fast,when it is done correctly it is like poetry in motion,the front tire is barely off the ground 3'' or less,and the back tire is on the edge of traction,these bikes are so powerful that this is hard to do,when you tighten up gearing (its a multiplyer) it makes it even harder to use all the power,it would probably take 10 pages to fully explain all this,i used to race alot late 80's to late 90's made about 2500 passes and made every mistake you can make,and then some,had to learn the hard way,i will be going back to the track this year just for fun,hope this helps a little

i am going to start with puting a 42 on the back. is that a wise move. and should i get used to that before puting a 16 on the front. what kind of changes should i expect in the way it rides?

i think starting with the 42 is a good idea,the bike will be much snappier,it will turn a bit quicker,because of the shorter wheelbase,it will wheelie quicker too,cruise rpm will be slightly higher,easier to smoothly pull away from a stop,all around a very fun gear in my opinion

i am going to start with puting a 42 on the back. is that a wise move. and should i get used to that before puting a 16 on the front. what kind of changes should i expect in the way it rides?
I would suggest to go 16 up front first...It's less expensive but requires a bit more labor...The 16 up front will give you a noticeable snap with the throttle whereas the 42 on the rear may go unnoticed...The 42 actually accents the 16...I my opinion the 42 is no good without the 16...

Theres a really good straight away just a couple miles off the bottom of the "dragon" . We could agree to test some gears there! At busabash. hmmm sounds like fun:;):

that figure looks like 10,600 on a gear calculater,using 10,500 and 5 % slip 166 would be a little more accurate,but i could be wrong

You have lot's of time to think about transform your bikes...your weather isn't good, otherwise, I in Portugal ride all the year, I don't have time to think in all those things:;): .
I like the bike the most original possible, the Suzuki thinked that way.
But I like to read your transformations, continue.:D

<!--EDIT|Rycardo
Reason for Edit: None given...|1111836876 -->

You have lot's of time to think about transform your bikes...your weather isn't good, otherwise, I in Portugal ride all the year, I don't have time to think in all those things:;): .
I like the bike the most original possible, the Suzuki thinked that way.
But I like to read your transformations, continue.:D
What?  Not to be mean or anything negative, but where did those statements come from?

<!--EDIT|Smoke_Dog
Reason for Edit: None given...|1111894926 -->

Back